2017 WWE thread about wrestling and things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biff Hardslab

I have the t-shirt
It’s too bad they couldn’t figure anything out for her. I still think the match she had with Paige at the first NXT Takeover was better than anything that most of the men were doing on the main roster at the time.

Biff Hardslab

I have the t-shirt
Now this is some good old fashioned sexual harassment.

1.) You can see Kathy Lee getting lathered up and trying to fight it.

2.) I love that no one helped the girl that took the Rude Awakening up off the floor.

3.) According to rumor and Kathy Lee, she was actually offended and horrified by Rude’s tights.

4.) Have to give credit to Kathy Lee for being able to run stairs and across furniture in heels and not breaking her neck.

NotSoFast

I haven't watched wrestling since I was a kid, but Bill Burr mentioned an upcoming 30 for 30 on Ric Flair. It airs on the 8th, I think. Bill saw a sneak peek and said it's going to be their best episode ever. My dvr is set.

ScottFromGA

I cum into socks.
So is going to the cruiser weights a punishment? Not gonna lie - that whole division is very cartoonish and the choreography is REALLY obvious, in spite of their impressive athletic skill.
Enzo going into the cruiserweight division is a punishment for him while capitalizing on his popularity. They're hoping he'll prop up the division.

Biff Hardslab

I have the t-shirt
Owens and Zayn were apparently sent home from the European tour. They supposedly bailed out of their segment with the New Day on Smackdown early.

Biff Hardslab

I have the t-shirt
20 year anniversary of the Montreal Screwjob today.

20 years....that was a blink. I still have my VHS copy of “Wrestling With Shadows”,

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
I love the title switch at Smackdown, the idea of Brock Lesnar vs. AJ Styles at Survivor Series makes me extremely happy

Biff Hardslab

I have the t-shirt
ESPN 30 for 30 on Ric Flair is worth the watch. Goes pretty deep into what a shitty father he was to his first two kids. I was also surprised at how different he looked when he got into the business weighing 300 lbs, to the bleached blonde look, to the pitiful old man he looks like now. Watching him talk about his son Reid was a little rough,

I got to watch him during his prime in the 80’s. I loved hating him and wanting to be him at the same time. But knowing how he ends up, I wouldn’t trade lives with him.

NotSoFast

ESPN 30 for 30 on Ric Flair is worth the watch. Goes pretty deep into what a shitty father he was to his first two kids. I was also surprised at how different he looked when he got into the business weighing 300 lbs, to the bleached blonde look, to the pitiful old man he looks like now. Watching him talk about his son Reid was a little rough,

I got to watch him during his prime in the 80’s. I loved hating him and wanting to be him at the same time. But knowing how he ends up, I wouldn’t trade lives with him.
I haven't watched wrestling since I was about a freshman in high school, but I really enjoyed this show. You could really tell how proud he was of his daughter when she won her title. Also when Shaun Michaels mouthed "I love you...I'm sorry" before beating Flair in his last match.

My roommate in the Army was a huge Flair fan back then. I wonder if he watched this show.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Donator

It brought back a lot of memories for me of 6:05 on Saturday afternoon watching the NWA on Superstation TBS. It really was a great way of showing a up and coming professional wrestler what to do in the ring and what not do outside of it. Agree with you about the stuff with his son. Especially having to listen to the 911 call.

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
Is it just me or does it feel like there should have been more of a push this past week through their social media channels by WWE about not just the title change, but more importantly the fact that the match at Survivor Series is now AJ vs. Brock?

I feel like that's being completely ignored and we have heard zero from them. Obviously that changes tonight, I hope Heyman cuts a great promo about how excited he is for the match. Unfortunately it'll probably only get mentioned like once or twice and the rest of the promo will be trying to get Jinder over

Stig

Is it just me or does it feel like there should have been more of a push this past week through their social media channels by WWE about not just the title change, but more importantly the fact that the match at Survivor Series is now AJ vs. Brock?

I feel like that's being completely ignored and we have heard zero from them. Obviously that changes tonight, I hope Heyman cuts a great promo about how excited he is for the match. Unfortunately it'll probably only get mentioned like once or twice and the rest of the promo will be trying to get Jinder over
Jinder sucks a bag of dicks. But you guys already know that.

Biff Hardslab

I have the t-shirt
As I was walking out of a QT this morning, Heath Slater was walking in. When I realized who it was, I said, kind of low “Heath Slater”. He turned around, told the person he was on the phone with to hold on and then talked with me for about 2 or 3 minutes. He was on his way to Atlanta for Raw. He came off as a real nice guy. Didn’t rush me off or act like he was in a hurry. I didn’t think to ask who he was riding with. He’s certainly not “A” level talent and no one would brag about meeting Heath Slater, but it was kind of cool.

As I was walking out of a QT this morning, Heath Slater was walking in. When I realized who it was, I said, kind of low “Heath Slater”. He turned around, told the person he was on the phone with to hold on and then talked with me for about 2 or 3 minutes. He was on his way to Atlanta for Raw. He came off as a real nice guy. Didn’t rush me off or act like he was in a hurry. I didn’t think to ask who he was riding with. He’s certainly not “A” level talent and no one would brag about meeting Heath Slater, but it was kind of cool.
That's 1000 miles closer than I'll ever get to a WWF guy.

Stig

Good god, that segment with Jason Jordan begging Angle to keep him on team RAW just went on and on and on and on... Same three lines over and over. Too much fucking bad Shakespeare in the park last night for my taste.

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
Okay, so are we looking at HHH vs. Angle at Wrestlemania? Or is it going to wind up being HHH vs. Shane?

Okay, so are we looking at HHH vs. Angle at Wrestlemania? Or is it going to wind up being HHH vs. Shane?
I think they are definitely moving towards an Angle/HHH match. WrestleMania makes the most sense, but I could see them bumping it up to the Royal Rumble. After last night, I wouldn't be shocked to see this lead to Jordan turning on Angle and aligning with HHH & Stephanie before the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.