2018/19 Flyers

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Oh I realize the kid is gonna have some rough games along the way but
he did look good to start. You know at some point the defense in front
of him is gonna flop and hang him out to dry but he didn't seem to be
too nervous to get his 1st start so that's a good thing.
He had a great quote on espn yesterday when asked about the goalie carousel thats been going on for the last what 25 years? He said that its not his concern. His only concern is continuing to hone his craft, keep raising his game to the next level, and being ready to play in whatever league hes in when called upon. That made me love the kid. He just wants to be the best goaltender he can possibly be and strives to be better tomorrow than he was today. I cant help but admire his work ethic and confidence

Flyers score with 23 seconds left in the 1st
It's usually the other team getting those
Tied at 1

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Torts had fits when they went down 2-1 and they woke up and scored 3 in the 2nd.

Gordon coached the isles for 2 seasons. So he its not like he has zero nhl coaching experience before this like Hakstol did. Hes done very well running the bench for Phantoms plus hes had plenty of experience coaching our 2 goalie prospects (Stolarz and Hart). I still consider Stolarz a prospect
I understand what you're saying. To me it just feels like another half ass effort by this organization.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
I understand what you're saying. To me it just feels like another half ass effort by this organization.
Its not. Just think of Gordon as the paperclip holding your book report together while you look for your stapler to make a more permanent attachment

Its not. Just think of Gordon as the paperclip holding your book report together while you look for your stapler to make a more permanent attachment
I hope this is the case and not just them moving him up with the interim tag and then after the season removing the interim tag.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
I hope this is the case and not just them moving him up with the interim tag and then after the season removing the interim tag.
That very well could happen but itll have to be entirely based on how they looked overall during his tenure after theyve played their last game of the season thatll be sometime between beginning of April and beginning of July again depending on how well he does

That very well could happen but itll have to be entirely based on how they looked overall during his tenure after theyve played their last game of the season thatll be sometime between beginning of April and beginning of July again depending on how well he does
I get good new coaches have to come from somewhere. The good established coaches are either with teams or retire when they tire of coaching or the game has passed them by. But I'm just sick of the complete and utter mediocrity of this team in every aspect for entirely too long. Coaches, players, especially goalies, front office. Top to bottom. This team needs an overhaul. It can't be done over night but its the same thing every year. They're not good. They're not bad. They just there. They give you just enough hope that they could make the playoffs but you know they're not winning it all. Save for the anomaly in 2010. But as long as people keep going to games the owners are inclined to keep things status quo. Like with the Sixers. They pretty much said, look we have a process. We're going to suck. Bear with us. They had a plan at least. The Phillies and Flyers are mirror images of each other for the last 10 years.

Last edited:

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
After losing to Columbus yesterday they put Neuvi in goal
today against the Rags. Tied 2-2 in regulation.

Watched the game. Glad they got the win. I'm still over shootouts. I'd be fine with them going back to ending in ties.

Scored 3 times in the 3rd to tie it
Lost 18 seconds into OT

maz

TRueWDTer
Down 3-0 to Carolina
I ain't watchin'

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Yeah, another one of those games. Down 3-0 and...

maz

TRueWDTer
5-3 final
They suck
Neuverth sucks also

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Another loss to the Caps. Streak now up to 8 games. They suck. Hard. And long.

rallybri

They are just embarrassingly bad. Zero consistency, zero effort, zero goaltending, just a bunch of zeros. Not even Quenneville could help them. With the talent they have (on paper), there’s no excuse for being at the bottom of the league.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
I heard Simmons was really pissed after the Caps game and was breaking sticks.
Sounds like he may want out.