2018 Golden Globes Nominations

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
How about that monologue?

Look, I didn't want to bring it up but I can't help it. Even @LiddyRules has to be like, "okay, you guys were right about everything."

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot in the Galaxy
How about that monologue?

Look, I didn't want to bring it up but I can't help it. Even @LiddyRules has to be like, "okay, you guys were right about everything."
I didn't watch it. What's going on? What am I mad about? I assume Trump.

LiddyRules

It was just so goddamn safe and bad. It was ridiculous.
It's a fucking awards show. What did you expect? It's not the Gaming Awards, which according to @BIV is the greatest televised event in history.

I'm glad Bale and Colman won if it's any consolation.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
It's a fucking awards show. What did you expect? It's not the Gaming Awards, which according to @BIV is the greatest televised event in history.

I'm glad Bale and Colman won if it's any consolation.
I expected a typical awards show monologue.

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
Nah. I realize an awards show monologue isn't going to sway anyone's opinion on anything.

But this one is almost bad enough it could.
You mean you weren’t into how they “roasted” attendees.... but the gag was they were highly complimentary?

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Nah. I realize an awards show monologue isn't going to sway anyone's opinion on anything.

I couldn’t even make it a minute, and I hate you for bringing it up. Couldn’t they have at least made some small effort to learn their lines without reading from the prompter?

Pigdango

Donator
Like watch Fey and Poehler from 2013. They are reading as well, but at least they seemed somewhat natural and took their eyes off the prompter.

LiddyRules

My opinion on what? Awards shows being lame? Spoiler. I know. Hollywood being a liberal claptrap? I know that too and don't care.

Link me to this stupid thing.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
My opinion on what? Awards shows being lame? Spoiler. I know. Hollywood being a liberal claptrap? I know that too and don't care.

Link me to this stupid thing.
Okay. Never mind then. I thought you cared

Pigdango

Donator
Okay. Never mind then. I thought you cared
Andy Samberg is in a tv show he likes, so he’s not gonna be in on this one. But you’re right, it was terrible beyond normal awards fare and what’s worse Samburg and Oh were horrendous delivering it.

LiddyRules

Andy Samberg is in a tv show he likes, so he’s not gonna be in on this one. But you’re right, it was terrible beyond normal awards fare and what’s worse Samburg and Oh were horrendous delivering it.
Link me to this fucking thing.

Because apparently I love Andy Samberg so much he can do no wrong.

Pigdango

Donator
Link me to this fucking thing.

Because apparently I love Andy Samberg so much he can do no wrong.
Are you really going to pretend that’s outside your well established pattern of behavior?

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Norm McDonald pulled off a similar concept at a roast like a decade ago. So it could have been okay with the right person delivering it. Instead, they went with the high energy, "oh snap" delivery which was the worst choice possible.

I regretted bringing it up but now I can't help chuckling about how mad liddy seems about it.

LiddyRules

Are you really going to pretend that’s outside your well established pattern of behavior?
WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING?!?! I'VE NEVER SEEN HOT ROD AND NOW IT'S MY FAVORITE FUCKING MOVIE!