2019 (because it's larger than 2018) Fishermen are Liars Thread

Haeder

South Dakota
In the spirit of keeping Father Time (and the Bear that is Creasy) from bringing forth furious retribution I present the first of many stories from the lying liars that are fishermen.

Drove on the ice for the first time this ice fishing season yesterday. It's over a foot thick and there were dozens of other, much heavier, vehicles driving on the ice before me. Still much pucker factor in force.

My brother and I caught 15 perch and kept 13. Two of 'em were tiny. The rest of them are going to be delicious.

I'm learning how to clean fish with this method:

It's not going as well as I had hoped. I'm getting a little better each time, but the process is not going so quickly.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
A buddy of mine used to eat sunnys all the time

THE FEZ MAN

no the little fish that kids like to catch, we had a farm pond that grew giant ones and he would filet them out then eat them civchi style i was a kid and wouldnt touch them now i would probably love it, oh and as a side note he looks exactly like the "most interesting man in the world" and honestly he is. he taught me how to fly fish and has traveled the world as a navel architect, he has a booming voice and is very tall, at least 6'5 i really liked him.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
traveled the world as a navel architect,

Nice design work.

When I was a kid they built a new reservoir and the next year my dad and I caught huge sunfish, way bigger than his enormous hands. Great eating. When those died off they went back to regular size but the bass got bigger eating them.

Haeder

South Dakota
Going to chase walleyes tonight. Planning to get set up an hour or two before sunset and fish into the darkness. Possible bonus crappies in this lake too.

gleet

Going to chase walleyes tonight. Planning to get set up an hour or two before sunset and fish into the darkness. Possible bonus crappies in this lake too.
Good luck, bro. I'm going on a jackrabbit hunt.

Haeder

South Dakota
Good luck, bro. I'm going on a jackrabbit hunt.
Ooohhhhhhhh.........jackrabbits.

Do you eat them?

When I was a kid we could shoot hundreds of them in a day. No more. Now, it's rare to even see them.

gleet

Ooohhhhhhhh.........jackrabbits.

Do you eat them?

When I was a kid we could shoot hundreds of them in a day. No more. Now, it's rare to even see them.
You can eat the young ones if there are no cottontails available, but there are. Last year was a big year but this year is the biggest I've seen lately.

See that right corner of the stack with the three foot gap underneath? Jacks eating supper.

THE FEZ MAN

Chartered a boat out of sandiego yesterday caught 1 calico bass saw some whales and me and bob tag team puked all day, it was a good day.

Haeder

South Dakota
More perch fishing today. Caught about 20. Kept 11. 9-14" fish. So tasty. Almost 40 degrees and calm. Ice is still a foot and a half thick. We'll have a few more weeks of safe ice.

Haeder

South Dakota
Put the boat in the water for the first time this year. Everything works. Win!

New depth finder has side imaging technology. Pillars of the train bridge showed up clearly. Rocks along the shoreline too. Gonna be a cool toy once I get everything figured out.

gleet

Put the boat in the water for the first time this year. Everything works. Win!

New depth finder has side imaging technology. Pillars of the train bridge showed up clearly. Rocks along the shoreline too. Gonna be a cool toy once I get everything figured out.

Haeder

South Dakota
On the water at 8am. Light breeze and 42 degrees when we started fishing. Zero at the first spot. Breeze dropped to almost total calm when we hit spot two and the temp was over 50.

Dropped our jigs in the water and Randy (Bo Bandy) caught the first fish of the day at 9am.

By noon we had our limits of delicious walleye and were heading back to the dock. Fish cleaning station isn't open yet so we iced them down and cleaned them at home.

Yum.

Haeder

South Dakota
Took the youngest fishing tonight for an hour and a half. Rain approaching. Wasn't supposed to start until after sunset and the lake was glassy calm. Caught 1 walleye. She named him Pickles and had great fun watching him swim around in the livewell.

Started to sprinkle at sunset so we loaded the boat and headed home. Drove through rain on the way home and she asked me if we were having Pickles for supper. I said sure. She informed me that nobody gets to eat Pickles.

So I filleted him and put him in a baggie and hid him. He'll be delicious.

THE FEZ MAN

Went down to Assitigue Friday afternoon to get our permits and licenses for the season the OSV was closed because of the flooding this week.... A booooooo. Went out Saturday morning the die hards were lined up 20ft apart for about 3/4 of a mile from the OSV entrance up the beach past the camp ground. I just tied a plug on and walked down the OSV casting, of course I caught nothing but a wave over my hip boots. We took Ralph on the beach for the first time he would not get near the water, probably a good idea since that water was cold, I did see one guy with a really nice size striped bass he caught off the beach, so they are there.

Haeder

South Dakota
Oh, and I bent/broke my brand fucking new fishing pliers

http://www.gandermountain.com/modpe...=Gander-Mountain-6-5-Aluminum-Pliers&i=766521

Except I paid the 29$ I was pissed, still am. I bought a new pair of steel ones this morning, fuck those aluminum pieces of shit.
My nephew is an orthopedic surgeon. I asked him if he could get me a surgical clamp or two to use for hook removal. He came through big time with probably a couple grand worth of clamps in various sizes and shapes. Of the dozen he gave me these work the best.....

THE FEZ MAN

My nephew is an orthopedic surgeon. I asked him if he could get me a surgical clamp or two to use for hook removal. He came through big time with probably a couple grand worth of clamps in various sizes and shapes. Of the dozen he gave me these work the best.....

those are great i have several pairs of them but i need something to crimp things because i build jigs and rigs when i fish. i bent the pliers trying to crimp an aluminum thingy to hold a steel leader

Haeder

South Dakota
Perfect weather today. Did fishing.

Took the kiddos out on the boat. Fish were cooperative. We brought home 7 walleye and 3 crappies in 2 hours of fishing. They'll be tasty.

Haeder

South Dakota
Lousy weather today. Did fishing.

Brother and I planned a day of fishing two weeks ago so we were pretty much committed to being on the water regardless of the conditions. Fished a protected stretch of the Missouri River just below the Big Bend Dam that offered some relief from the 20+ mph winds.

On the water by 7am. Off by 2pm. Caught about a dozen walleye and one white bass. Five hours later and it still feels like I'm on the water. Not a bad day.

Fishing nice weather is more gooder.

Haeder

South Dakota
Nice weather. Day off work. Did fishing.

Met a friend at the boat ramp at 8am. Had our limits of walleye in the boat by 9:15am. Catch and release until 1pm. Released 50+ walleye, a couple smallies and a white bass. This trip kicked ass.