2019 Motorsports/NASCAR

And I totally think Smoke was driving a stock car at CoTA to see if it would be a decent Nascar track for the future.
CotA will absolutely be on the schedule sooner rather than later. Maybe 2021. If not shortly there after. If Eddie Gossage doesn't like it he can go fuck himself. They should absolutely take the second date from every track on the circuit and give it to a new track. Especially the cookie cutters. Maybe not the short tracks.

I watched that video that F1 put out of Magnussen and Lettuce BigPants running the car. I'm pretty sure there was times in the video where it was Smoke driving each one. But I don't remember seeing any footage of Smoke in car. You could tell the shots on track when Smoke was driving because he was hustling it so much faster than either of them. Hitting the curbs perfectly and getting it up in the air. He still has it. I really hope he does what he said and runs a Busch race or two at a road course next year.

F1 race about to start. Lewis about to wrap up drivers title number 6.

Seb was having problems from the start. Just hit the curbs and broke the rear suspension.

YOUR 2019 AND 6 TIME FORMULA 1 WORLD DRIVERS CHAMPION, LEWIS HAMILTON!!! GET IN THEIR LEWIS!

Congratulations to Valtteri on the race win as well. Great day for Mercedes.

While I am a Suarez fan this should not be interrupting live racing.
Well at least it saved me the sadness of seeing Corey wreck again and likely end his day.

Oh man Jimmie. So close to being an amazing save. Still could have been a lot worse. Many others would have stuffed it in the fence.

Congratulations Happy.

Solid 8th for Blaney. I'll take it. Still not enough. Gonna need to win next week.

3rd for Suarez. Great job!

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Watched the F1 race after work today. Hamilton almost won that. Impressive.

Watched the F1 race after work today. Hamilton almost won that. Impressive.
I was really hoping his tires would have held on a little more to hold off Valtteri. But in the end it was a great day for Merc. Race win that Bottas earned and Lewis brings home the title. Now they can take the reins off in Brazil and Abu Dhabi and let them go hard for the win. Try and shut Ferrari out down the stretch.

Last edited:

ysr50

Donator
Badass but it's just a plane without wings.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.
I've been involved in record attempts, I'm not sure why you would discount the work these people are doing. It's certainly not an airplane, and I'll assume they've done everything they can to make sure it doesn't try to imitate one. Trying to break records is human nature, some people get a bug up their ass to go try to do something that most would consider a fools errand, I did for a few years. I would suggest that if you ever meet the people that built the "plane without wings" you'd likely have the time of your life. People who do these things seem to have a passion for life that's infectious.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
I've been involved in record attempts, I'm not sure why you would discount the work these people are doing. It's certainly not an airplane, and I'll assume they've done everything they can to make sure it doesn't try to imitate one. Trying to break records is human nature, some people get a bug up their ass to go try to do something that most would consider a fools errand, I did for a few years. I would suggest that if you ever meet the people that built the "plane without wings" you'd likely have the time of your life. People who do these things seem to have a passion for life that's infectious.
It's hardly what I would call a car. It's a fuselage with wheels designed to go as fast as possible on land.
I don't discount what they're doing as far as an attempt to go as fast as possible but it's not really a car at that point. It's a jet engine on wheels. It can't be driven on roads and even attempting to turn it at any high speed will meet with certain doom. I think going over 600 mph on land is awesome but let's be honest
about what type of vehicle it really is.

ysr50

Donator
It's hardly what I would call a car. It's a fuselage with wheels designed to go as fast as possible on land.
I don't discount what they're doing as far as an attempt to go as fast as possible but it's not really a car at that point. It's a jet engine on wheels. It can't be driven on roads and even attempting to turn it at any high speed will meet with certain doom. I think going over 600 mph on land is awesome but let's be honest
about what type of vehicle it really is.
It has wheels and it travels across the ground, regardless of the engine it's a car in my opinion. If it had wings and they were going for a different record everything changes. I spent an enormous portion of my youth working on the fastest piston powered airplane ever up to that point. It's a car, do you consider all of the vehicles that show up to Bonneville as not cars? They certainly can't be driven on the road, that's okay, they're race cars they couldn't if they tried.