2019 WWE, NJPW, ROH, etc Thread

Biff Hardslab

I have the t-shirt
You watched the whole thing? If I wore a hat, I'd tip to you in a sign of respect.
I got “pot commited” around 11, thinking it would end by midnight. I wish I hadn’t because I’m dragging ass today. I’m glad I was busy from 5 to 7 because they were broadcasting the pre show live in VR and I would have been compelled to watch it too. The WWE clips on NextVR are pretty cool. It’s like you’re standing on the apron watching the match.

I think the biggest omission was Undertaker. This is the first Wrestlemania in 25 years he wasn’t a part of. There was no mention of him at all on the show.

Kofi/Bryan was a really good match of straight up work. My spawnlings first sight of any pro wrestling was the knee to the back of Kofi from Bryan off the top rope. Pants were shat. Thought it was 100% real. HA!

You thought the main event was red hot from that crowd? Dunno about that. i might have to rewatch it. I kind of thought the opposite.
I thought the women themselves were tearing it up. But I can understand the audience being worn down.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
I thought the women themselves were tearing it up. But I can understand the audience being worn down.
That show, for that long, with that level of writing, would feel like punishment. 1 solid match in 6 hours? 7? Fuck that in 3 holes.

Stig

Fucking your mother.
I think the biggest omission was Undertaker. This is the first Wrestlemania in 25 years he wasn’t a part of. There was no mention of him at all on the show.
Counterpoint: The Undertaker is a bore.

Stig

Fucking your mother.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Back then, Vince thought that all homosexuals were named Adrian.
Well he's not wrong, but I'm guessing Adonis patterned himself after Street, who was mostly an Independent and NWA star at the time

Counterpoint: The Undertaker is a bore.
Watching him creak his way through his match with Roman and leave his gear in the ring afterward at Wrestlemania 33 was painful. It should have been his goodbye. If Vince wants to trot him out for the Saudis, fine. I never want to see him in front of a white audience again.

I was unlucky during both sales, so I put myself on a waiting list in case tickets freed up. I didn't hear anything from Lyte, but I got a notice of a charge on my credit card, so I had to investigate.

I'm going to Double or Nothing.

And now it's Cauliflower Alley Club week. My annual staycation. Fun has been had already, and I'm looking forward to meeting Dory Funk Jr. and "Dr. D" David Schultz. But let's see if I can get anywhere near Dean Ambrose.

Yesterdays Hero

Apparently there are clue's in the video that he's going to AEW.

I hope he goes to AEW and does great. He was misused pretty big in WWE.

His wife on the other hand, could be the worst fucking announcer in all of Wrestling history. I'm trying very hard to think of another that's worse, and I've got nothing. Booker T was better. Don West was better.

I went to Double or Nothing last night. They let people in a half-hour late, the line to get in stretched out the MGM Grand to down the street, and then I was told three different places to get my ticket from Will Call. And all the other wrestling stuff had me sleep deprived, which is not a fun thing when you're trying to enjoy a wrestling show.

But the show itself was a blast. Jon Moxley wasn't really a surprise, but Awesome Kong was. Cody got a nice dig at Triple-H (I thought you needed a dragon to destroy a throne, does this mean Brandi Rhodes is the Khaleesi?) and his match with Dustin was a nice, much-missed bloodbath. Lots of great wrestling all around, and I feel like I was a part of history.

Yesterdays Hero

I went to Double or Nothing last night. They let people in a half-hour late, the line to get in stretched out the MGM Grand to down the street, and then I was told three different places to get my ticket from Will Call. And all the other wrestling stuff had me sleep deprived, which is not a fun thing when you're trying to enjoy a wrestling show.

But the show itself was a blast. Jon Moxley wasn't really a surprise, but Awesome Kong was. Cody got a nice dig at Triple-H (I thought you needed a dragon to destroy a throne, does this mean Brandi Rhodes is the Khaleesi?) and his match with Dustin was a nice, much-missed bloodbath. Lots of great wrestling all around, and I feel like I was a part of history.
I read the review. Was it really just Cody and his pals putting themselves over?

I read the review. Was it really just Cody and his pals putting themselves over?
I wouldn't say so, more like they put on the best show they could. A little of everything -- drama, spots, surprises. If you're saying that it was the Elite winning their matches, that's true of Cody, Page, and the Jacksons, but Omega in the main event.

And as a (too) sweet capper to the weekend, Jericho had dinner at my restaurant last night.