In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Power was off again today for 4 hours.

I think peco did it because they were
doing a lot of work in the area and it
was back on right around 5 pm.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Well bump I’m going on 48 hours, I think I’m going to look into a back up generator for the garage to run my shit pump

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Well bump I’m going on 48 hours, I think I’m going to look into a back up generator for the garage to run my shit pump
Why not get one big enough to run the house and garage? You might have to fart thru cotton for a week but I think it'll be worth it. You have gas already and they make some real beasts that run on NG

Haeder

South Dakota
Why not get one big enough to run the house and garage? You might have to fart thru cotton for a week but I think it'll be worth it. You have gas already and they make some real beasts that run on NG
This.

Hardwired to your electrical system and set to come on instantly when there's an outage. If natural gas isn't an option go with propane. Spend the damn money and do it right!!

We love spending your money.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Portable gennies are only good for a day or so. Before they become a huge pain in the ass.

This.

Hardwired to your electrical system and set to come on instantly when there's an outage. If natural gas isn't an option go with propane. Spend the damn money and do it right!!

We love spending your money.
That's what I'm doing cuz if I loose power I loose water and last time I had to dig a latrine to take my morning dump.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
That's what I'm doing cuz if I loose power I loose water and last time I had to dig a latrine to take my morning dump.
A couple of five-gallon buckets and toilet seat make for a composting emergency shitter, you savage.

A couple of five-gallon buckets and toilet seat make for a composting emergency shitter, you savage.
Nah I don't mind shitting outside in the fresh air... made a little seat out of scraps and all was good.

But finally got a 14kw Kohler generator (been a bitch to get) and lining up gas fitter and electrician oh and a 500 gal propane tank.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
I'm looking into a backup power pack for the solar panels.
The latest will last about a week during a storm without the
solar panels recharging it. Once the sun is out they could last
for over a month, weather permitting.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Now that I got a decent generator down here, probably won't have a serious power outage ever again. I'm going to get an electrician to wire up a twist-lock outlet box outside and rig up an interlock for my panel. 10K generator should run most of the house, at least all the essential stuff.

I'm looking into a backup power pack for the solar panels.
The latest will last about a week during a storm without the
solar panels recharging it. Once the sun is out they could last
for over a month, weather permitting.
Ya I was thinking about adding solar panels as well as I'm in the middle of a field and the back of my house faces due souf. And prob wouldn't have to worry about snow that much as my roof is a 12/12 pitch.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Ya I was thinking about adding solar panels as well as I'm in the middle of a field and the back of my house faces due souf. And prob wouldn't have to worry about snow that much as my roof is a 12/12 pitch.
I have an A frame roof so I have panels on the front and back and
the house faces east. I get a lot of sunlight all day long since there's
no trees shading the house any more. I took down a tree near the
house in back years ago because I added a pool. The neighbor
near me had to drop the only other tree shading my house because
of carpenter ants so I get tons of sun.

I have an A frame roof so I have panels on the front and back and
the house faces east. I get a lot of sunlight all day long since there's
no trees shading the house any more. I took down a tree near the
house in back years ago because I added a pool. The neighbor
near me had to drop the only other tree shading my house because
of carpenter ants so I get tons of sun.
When I was looking I saw the conditions of roofs etc when trees were near so basically picked a lot that has no trees near the house.

The trees on the east are thin Bleck Birches that I am going to drop so I have a view of the vernal pond outside of my new office upstairs.

Wrecktum

Tounge puncher of fart boxes
We got deep dicked pretty hard with snow in the Poconos. I didn't lose any power but my job has been with out since Friday with all the downed trees. Most of the area is out and people were stuck in their cars for up to in some cases 36 hours. It was like scenes out of a zombie flick. Kinda cool story my girlfriend works at Kalahari it's a new water park in the area and they were so short staffed the owner flew out in his helicopter with his family from Wisconsin to work in the kitchen and house keeping.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Man, I don't miss any of that shit.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Went to drive to work today.
Ain’t going this way.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
I have “the help”shoveling snow. It exhausting watching them from 250’ above.

THE FEZ MAN

Went to drive to work today.
Ain’t going this way.
Is that bridgewater?
Oh and I’m still with out power, went out Friday at 1or so and have been running my little honda eu3000 ever since.
@tattered @Haeder
Here’s the deal with my power issues, yes, a whole house generator is on the very short list, like I may contact Peco next week about our gas status, I found out Saturday from a neighbor that there is natural gas in the street in front of my house, and, it may actually have been run to the house, but, it’s never been hooked up, one way or the other I see a 15kw whole house generator in my future, my new neighbors had one installed even before they moved in, I’m convinced they are afraid of the dark, because they are the ones that have the 24 hour parameter lights on... even now it’s kind of funny, I think they might be the only house on the street with that large of a unit, till I get mine.

Now, the bugaboo with me is that my garage runs off a completely different meter than my house, I had to do that because my power demands are so high in the garage and the other option was cost prohibitive, when I had that done I did not realize that my sewage pump was running off of that sub panel. This was lack of planning on my part. Now, I could in theroy, run a secondary outlet line from a whole house unit to an additional transfer switch in the garage, or run an additional circuit off my pool sub panel, which is the panel that was originally running the garage, but, that is also a pain in the ass because of the existing landscaping.

But, the garage is not on anyway a priority for the whole house system because the sewage transfer pump runs on a float switch and it will hold 70 gallons of shit before it becomes an issue, that generator/power demand would be minimal, say, an hour or so every 24 depending on the amount of kimchee and beer I have drank, the fastest and cheepest way to solve this issue is to install a manual, single circuit, 220v 30amp transfer switch at the garage meter, buy a 5-7kw portable unit (probability go with a duel fuel propane/gasoline unit so I don’t have to concern myself with fucking around with gasoline and what is required to winterize it, I always have some amount of propane) and build a permanent enclosure for it right next to the garage meter. I already ordered the switch and the extension cord now I just need to find a suitable generator within 100 miles, or just order one from amazon and have it shipped, now why not install a permanent system in the garage? Because if I need to move it and use it somewhere else, I would rather that be an option, and, I can’t find one that is as cheep as the portable which will run off both gas and propane.
Building an acceptable enclosure shouldn’t cost more than 2-300$ if I decide to pour a pad for it.

Is that bridgewater?
Oh and I’m still with out power, went out Friday at 1or so and have been running my little honda eu3000 ever since.
@tattered @Haeder
Here’s the deal with my power issues, yes, a whole house generator is on the very short list, like I may contact Peco next week about our gas status, I found out Saturday from a neighbor that there is natural gas in the street in front of my house, and, it may actually have been run to the house, but, it’s never been hooked up, one way or the other I see a 15kw whole house generator in my future, my new neighbors had one installed even before they moved in, I’m convinced they are afraid of the dark, because they are the ones that have the 24 hour parameter lights on... even now it’s kind of funny, I think they might be the only house on the street with that large of a unit, till I get mine.

Now, the bugaboo with me is that my garage runs off a completely different meter than my house, I had to do that because my power demands are so high in the garage and the other option was cost prohibitive, when I had that done I did not realize that my sewage pump was running off of that sub panel. This was lack of planning on my part. Now, I could in theroy, run a secondary outlet line from a whole house unit to an additional transfer switch in the garage, or run an additional circuit off my pool sub panel, which is the panel that was originally running the garage, but, that is also a pain in the ass because of the existing landscaping.

But, the garage is not on anyway a priority for the whole house system because the sewage transfer pump runs on a float switch and it will hold 70 gallons of shit before it becomes an issue, that generator/power demand would be minimal, say, an hour or so every 24 depending on the amount of kimchee and beer I have drank, the fastest and cheepest way to solve this issue is to install a manual, single circuit, 220v 30amp transfer switch at the garage meter, buy a 5-7kw portable unit (probability go with a duel fuel propane/gasoline unit so I don’t have to concern myself with fucking around with gasoline and what is required to winterize it, I always have some amount of propane) and build a permanent enclosure for it right next to the garage meter. I already ordered the switch and the extension cord now I just need to find a suitable generator within 100 miles, or just order one from amazon and have it shipped, now why not install a permanent system in the garage? Because if I need to move it and use it somewhere else, I would rather that be an option, and, I can’t find one that is as cheep as the portable which will run off both gas and propane.
Building an acceptable enclosure shouldn’t cost more than 2-300$ if I decide to pour a pad for it.
70 gallons sounds like a lot... but you really would be amazed how easy it is to fill up. The gulag had a shit pump as we had to pump it to an elevated leach field. Have you had to change your pump out yet. Had to do it twice at the gulag when we moved in and once again 5 years later... not one of my favorite jobs either.

Oh and just got a dusting last night...

THE FEZ MAN

70 gallons sounds like a lot... but you really would be amazed how easy it is to fill up. The gulag had a shit pump as we had to pump it to an elevated leach field. Have you had to change your pump out yet. Had to do it twice at the gulag when we moved in and once again 5 years later... not one of my favorite jobs either.

Oh and just got a dusting last night...

The capacity of the tank is 70 gallons, but, 30 stays in the tank at all times, so you are correct, we have about 30 gallons.
We had the pump replaced about 5 years ago to the tune of $2300, I ain’t digging in shit to save $500, I’m the flush Nazi, if I knew how long we were going to be out (barring having a generator for the pump) I would have started marking the shitters, we have an estimated 36 flushes before it becomes an issue

The capacity of the tank is 70 gallons, but, 30 stays in the tank at all times, so you are correct, we have about 30 gallons.
We had the pump replaced about 5 years ago to the tune of $2300, I ain’t digging in shit to save $500, I’m the flush Nazi, if I knew how long we were going to be out (barring having a generator for the pump) I would have started marking the shitters, we have an estimated 36 flushes before it becomes an issue
Why so much for the pump... guessing it was underground cuz the pump itself (a macerating effluent pump) I think was like $300-$400 max.

When me and Drunky moved in the people at the end were actually tied in to our septic (as it was one property) so they had to dig a 800' long trench and put in a raised field. Unfortunately the guy who put it in put a reducer where it was joined to ours (a 1 1/2 to a 1 1/4) and didn't bury it below the frost line. So first couple of years it was fine. Then we got a wicked cold snap and the line froze while a family of 6 was renting the house.

The company that came in tried hot water... steam to unfreeze the line but what they ended up doing is digging through the frozen road with jack hammers until they found where the problem was.

Gonna say they were there for almost a week and had to pump out their tank like 4 times. Wouldn't even want to guess how much that cost to fix.

THE FEZ MAN

Why so much for the pump... guessing it was underground cuz the pump itself (a macerating effluent pump) I think was like $300-$400 max.

When me and Drunky moved in the people at the end were actually tied in to our septic (as it was one property) so they had to dig a 800' long trench and put in a raised field. Unfortunately the guy who put it in put a reducer where it was joined to ours (a 1 1/2 to a 1 1/4) and didn't bury it below the frost line. So first couple of years it was fine. Then we got a wicked cold snap and the line froze while a family of 6 was renting the house.

The company that came in tried hot water... steam to unfreeze the line but what they ended up doing is digging through the frozen road with jack hammers until they found where the problem was.

Gonna say they were there for almost a week and had to pump out their tank like 4 times. Wouldn't even want to guess how much that cost to fix.
That was the final bill, for a brand new pump installed, honestly it was when we first started dating so I want completely privy to the situation, my assumption is that the pump was something around $1200 and the rest was labor, it’s one of that is partially buried in the ground

She didn’t have the housing replaced but I’m sure she had everything else done, it’s just the way we operate, “just do it” is how things get done around here.

THE FEZ MAN

This is the generator I ordered this morning, I should have it Saturday,

https://www.championpowerequipment.com/product/100165-7500-watt-dual-fuel-generator/

Fuck it I know it’s chink but at this point I don’t care as long as it makes power I’m a mechanic I can fix most shit.

Speaking of fixing most shit, I did get to do a generator repair yesterday, my buddy, a teacher, was using one of those “predator” generators from harbor freight to run his house, apparently it started to run bad, instead of investigating what was wrong, he just let it go till it quit, he wouldn’t have been able to fix it anyway, I had him bring it over to me,,,, I don’t know what happened or how, but it was running so rich that it completely fouled the spark plug, and filled the crank case with gasoline, I pulled the plug and cleaned it, disassembled the carb and dislodged some kind of clog above the needle and seat, put it all back together started it and gas/oil started to pour out of the crank case vent. I ended up draining all the oil/gas out, and re filling it with oil, I pulled the valve cover off, the valves were loose, and probably could have used adjustments but I didn’t feel like fucking with it. I got it back together and started it up, and it actually ran great! I did the old “blow the goobers out of it” rev a few times and other than some slight back firing at over rev (that’s from the loose valves, better too loose than too tight, if they are tapping they are closing all the way) it ran just fine, I loaded it with my 1500w heat gun and it did everything it was supposed to do.
I’m collecting plenty of notches in my man belt this week