23-hour power outage

That was the final bill, for a brand new pump installed, honestly it was when we first started dating so I want completely privy to the situation, my assumption is that the pump was something around $1200 and the rest was labor, it’s one of that is partially buried in the ground

She didn’t have the housing replaced but I’m sure she had everything else done, it’s just the way we operate, “just do it” is how things get done around here.
Ya mine sat in a low pump out with a low roof, not gasketed and the pump was like a 1/2" or 3/4". I'm thinking of getting a riser put on my septic so dude doesn't have to dig down and fuck up my lawn to pump out the goodness.

This is the generator I ordered this morning, I should have it Saturday,

https://www.championpowerequipment.com/product/100165-7500-watt-dual-fuel-generator/

Fuck it I know it’s chink but at this point I don’t care as long as it makes power I’m a mechanic I can fix most shit.

Speaking of fixing most shit, I did get to do a generator repair yesterday, my buddy, a teacher, was using one of those “predator” generators from harbor freight to run his house, apparently it started to run bad, instead of investigating what was wrong, he just let it go till it quit, he wouldn’t have been able to fix it anyway, I had him bring it over to me,,,, I don’t know what happened or how, but it was running so rich that it completely fouled the spark plug, and filled the crank case with gasoline, I pulled the plug and cleaned it, disassembled the carb and dislodged some kind of clog above the needle and seat, put it all back together started it and gas/oil started to pour out of the crank case vent. I ended up draining all the oil/gas out, and re filling it with oil, I pulled the valve cover off, the valves were loose, and probably could have used adjustments but I didn’t feel like fucking with it. I got it back together and started it up, and it actually ran great! I did the old “blow the goobers out of it” rev a few times and other than some slight back firing at over rev (that’s from the loose valves, better too loose than too tight, if they are tapping they are closing all the way) it ran just fine, I loaded it with my 1500w heat gun and it did everything it was supposed to do.
I’m collecting plenty of notches in my man belt this week
In hind site I should "sold" a bunch of shit to my buddy like this Husqvarna 6500W Generator that had a Honda engine and about 3 hours on it. And always started first pull.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
I’m hoping that the generator I just ordered will provide a decent stop gap until I can get the whole house unit, this experience has been a little frustrating, fo me it’s worrying about the shit pump, for the wife it’s been the shower, something I’m going to have to investigate is an additional muffler for the generator apparently it’s deafening (biggest actual bad review complaining) i know they make them I will just have to weld up a fitment.

I’m hoping that the generator I just ordered will provide a decent stop gap until I can get the whole house unit, this experience has been a little frustrating, fo me it’s worrying about the shit pump, for the wife it’s been the shower, something I’m going to have to investigate is an additional muffler for the generator apparently it’s deafening (biggest actual bad review complaining) i know they make them I will just have to weld up a fitment.
Or aim it away from the house... the one above was pretty quiet even under full load.

Even the one above I was thinking of making like a 2 sided dog house for it to help keep the weather off of it and direct the sound away.

THE FEZ MAN

Or aim it away from the house... the one above was pretty quiet even under full load.

Even the one above I was thinking of making like a 2 sided dog house for it to help keep the weather off of it and direct the sound away.
It’s going to be down by the garage and I’m going to build a full insulated and vented enclosure for it, ive already picked a spot, for the time being this is purely for the shed but if I need to I can also pick up a much longer heavy generator cord

Wrecktum

Tounge puncher of fart boxes
Throw a glass pack on that bitch fuck your neighbors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

TomC

uppity neobarb
This is the generator I ordered this morning, I should have it Saturday,

https://www.championpowerequipment.com/product/100165-7500-watt-dual-fuel-generator/

Fuck it I know it’s chink but at this point I don’t care as long as it makes power I’m a mechanic I can fix most shit.

Speaking of fixing most shit, I did get to do a generator repair yesterday, my buddy, a teacher, was using one of those “predator” generators from harbor freight to run his house, apparently it started to run bad, instead of investigating what was wrong, he just let it go till it quit, he wouldn’t have been able to fix it anyway, I had him bring it over to me,,,, I don’t know what happened or how, but it was running so rich that it completely fouled the spark plug, and filled the crank case with gasoline, I pulled the plug and cleaned it, disassembled the carb and dislodged some kind of clog above the needle and seat, put it all back together started it and gas/oil started to pour out of the crank case vent. I ended up draining all the oil/gas out, and re filling it with oil, I pulled the valve cover off, the valves were loose, and probably could have used adjustments but I didn’t feel like fucking with it. I got it back together and started it up, and it actually ran great! I did the old “blow the goobers out of it” rev a few times and other than some slight back firing at over rev (that’s from the loose valves, better too loose than too tight, if they are tapping they are closing all the way) it ran just fine, I loaded it with my 1500w heat gun and it did everything it was supposed to do.
I’m collecting plenty of notches in my man belt this week
Almost the Exact one I have. Had 3 years, needed 3 times, 1 time 3 days, Best part is I never had a drop of gas in it. I spend about 1 year on Craigslist buying LP tanks when I could get them for less that $10, go right to Wal-Mart and trade the thing in for full and new $14.74. As lost as I can I will never run it on gasoline so it starts every time even with 12 month in between.

Last edited:

THE FEZ MAN

@TomC that’s my plan, I actually have 40lb propane tanks, and a fuck ton of 20lb ones. I never what to have to run gasoline in it if I can avoid it, I’m alread designing an enclosure for it, and ordered the transfer switch for the garage, I’m probably going to also order a longer (100ft) cable so I can power the house until I get the bigger standby unit.
My neighbors have a big generac standby unit and it’s fucking noisy as hell, my honda is whisper quiet

TomC

uppity neobarb
@TomC that’s my plan, I actually have 40lb propane tanks, and a fuck ton of 20lb ones. I never what to have to run gasoline in it if I can avoid it, I’m alread designing an enclosure for it, and ordered the transfer switch for the garage, I’m probably going to also order a longer (100ft) cable so I can power the house until I get the bigger standby unit.
My neighbors have a big generac standby unit and it’s fucking noisy as hell, my honda is whisper quiet
country living, fuck the neighbors. Comes with wheel kit and battery, some dont.

THE FEZ MAN

@TomC what kw is yours and how long will it run on a 20lb bottle? This one is purely for my garage and I don’t plan on running it for long periods

TomC

uppity neobarb
@TomC what kw is yours and how long will it run on a 20lb bottle? This one is purely for my garage and I don’t plan on running it for long periods

6-8 hours at full burn. Cool to see the tanks freeze over like freon cans. I am full elec with 2 fridges and two full freezers so pretty big pull, happy with hours because I have 13 tanks but away before I have to go to gasoline. Also you can throw the empty in the car and not not be to worried about finding more right away or sweating the propane guy shows up to fill you up.

THE FEZ MAN

6-8 hours at full burn. Cool to see the tanks freeze over like freon cans. I am full elec with 2 fridges and two full freezers so pretty big pull, happy with hours because I have 13 tanks but away before I have to go to gasoline. Also you can throw the empty in the car and not not be to worried about finding more right away or sweating the propane guy shows up to fill you up.
I eventually plan on installing a propane heater in my garage and using a 250lb tank for it so propane won’t be an issue in the long run to power the generator, but the stopgap will the 40s

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
My generator is a dual-fuel. I am going to see what the rules are in regards to having a big propane tank installed here. If I can put a big tank out there, I will do that instead of gasoline. Also, I don't care about the noise. It's going on the opposite side of my house from my bedroom. I won't hear it, so I don't care. There are two empty 1/2 acre lots on that side, so no neighbors to piss off.

THE FEZ MAN

Well, I got one at Costco today, canceled to the one I ordered from amazon, same exact generator and, it was 200$ less, problem is that there isn’t a generator plug to be found in Delaware county, so until my other shit shows up it’s useless for its intended purpose. But, it does work, and dear god is this thing fucking loud, I absolutely am going to have to build an enclosure for it, I mean it’s deafining, I know I’m spoiled by my honda but damn.....

THE FEZ MAN

What about a 60kw military generator?
Buying old military surplus has a lot of drawbacks, mainly because the military does some strange shit, like run at 50hz, 3phase for one , they also use a lot of proprietary connections which is fine if you can source them. At the end of the day unless he got that generator for a few hundred bucks he’s going to have a few thousand into it to make it useful for civilian use.
I’ve looked into it a few times, my buddy has an account with one of those online auctions that sells old municipal and military equipment I wanted to get a military surplus 20kw diesel for my other house, and my father advised me against it because of those screwy military issues, and he was correct. after I researched, it the cost to convert it to 240v single phase (and stabilize it) it would have set me back the price of the generator. I had to give my dad credit on that one, I guess his time as an army engineer paid off.

Bobobie

Buying old military surplus has a lot of drawbacks, mainly because the military does some strange shit, like run at 50hz, 3phase for one , they also use a lot of proprietary connections which is fine if you can source them. At the end of the day unless he got that generator for a few hundred bucks he’s going to have a few thousand into it to make it useful for civilian use.
I’ve looked into it a few times, my buddy has an account with one of those online auctions that sells old municipal and military equipment I wanted to get a military surplus 20kw diesel for my other house, and my father advised me against it because of those screwy military issues, and he was correct. after I researched, it the cost to convert it to 240v single phase (and stabilize it) it would have set me back the price of the generator. I had to give my dad credit on that one, I guess his time as an army engineer paid off.
I didn't know it was that much of a chore hooking into the civilian grid. I ran two of them, swapping back and forth, and just one of them ran an entire Hawk Missile Battery.

THE FEZ MAN

I didn't know it was that much of a chore hooking into the civilian grid. I ran two of them, swapping back and forth, and just one of them ran an entire Hawk Missile Battery.
If you’re running all the same system you’re fine, they run weird DC systems also, like humvee run I think a 36v or 26v charging system

THE FEZ MAN

Oh and my power is finally back on, and as I assumed my shit tank alarm immediately started to go off

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Oh and my power is finally back on, and as I assumed my shit tank alarm immediately started to go off
Hopefully the pump motor doesn't burn out having to pump that down all at once...