2nd grader suspended for drawing of Stick figure w/ gun

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
Kyle drew other pictures, including a skateboarder, King Tut, a ghost, a tree and a Cyclops, the newspaper reported.
That seems totally relevant. A wee bit ridiculous that an 8 or 9 year old or whatever a 2nd grader is gets suspended for a pretty harmless drawing. Not the first time it's happened though, so no real surprise.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
They would have locked up my silly ass as a kid. Because, all I drew in class was tanks, cannons, jets, soldiers with *GASP* rifles, all shooting and bombing the fuck out each other.

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
Weird times.
When something happens, the media scream 'why didn't you see the signs and do something?'
When nothing has happened, the media scream 'Why are you doing something?'

When people are afraid of getting blamed for inaction, they will take the actions to the extreme. It works to cover themselves, as well as to protest the ridiculousness of trying to ensure 100% safety everywhere.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
If I were still in High School I'd take art class so I could paint portraits of firearms and sue the school for violating my freedom of speech/expression rights.

They are simply lovely tools and everyone now acts like only lunatics have them and want to wipe out life.

Ignorance is powerful. But like I said, I'd take advantage of the situation to make some money suing the school system.

thrawn42

Hackmaster Jones Sr.
Jul 26, 2005
Seattle
Execute the tattling parents. Enough of this PC bullshit. If we want to keep this country's balls we're going to have to counter these asshats by encouraging our kids to draw stick figures of themselves shooting douchebags like these fucking stains of detriment to our culture.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
I am so glad I don't have kids...if I did they'd have to be home schooled so that they could learn political INcorrectness is better than political correctness.

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
I don't think I could grow a kid right either.
I think they need public school for proper socialization with other humans, and home school to fix the political damage public school inflicts.
Too complicated.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
I think they need public school for proper socialization with other humans, and home school to fix the political damage public school inflicts.
Too complicated.
I'd probably enroll them in some sports & other activities for the socialization. There are even social groups & sports leagues for kids who are home schooled so they don't feel so isolated.

But either way, this "let's all gather in a circle, hold hands & sing Kumbaya" society that's been created has got to end somehow.

Too bad we can't just lock up all the liberals

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Too bad we can't just lock up all the liberals
Now, now, that would make you just as bad as them with their silly laws and whatnot.

They really need a wake up call, or a good old fashioned beat down to knock the stoopid out of them. Whichever works is fine with me...

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
I got yelled at by a mother the other day cause I kicked her 9 year old brat of a kid out of practice for saying to me: "I'll do whatever the hell I want to..I don't care what you say!"...She yelled "we told you how to deal with him"! Which equated to kissing his ass. I don't roll that way.
I told her if it were my kid I would have given him a good spanking long ago and taught him to show respect. That went over like a lead balloon.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
I got yelled at by a mother the other day cause I kicked her 9 year old brat of a kid out of practice for saying to me: "I'll do whatever the hell I want to..I don't care what you say!"...She yelled "we told you how to deal with him"! Which equated to kissing his ass. I don't roll that way.
I told her if it were my kid I would have given him a good spanking long ago and taught him to show respect. That went over like a lead balloon.
You're lucky you weren't this guy, Hudson:

An 11-year-old baseball player upset over being benched for cursing in batting practice called his father, who drove to a Bellmore ball field, rushed the mound and, with his brother, pummeled the coach, sending him to the hospital, police said Wednesday.
The whole story can be found here:
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/ny-libeat1018,0,2942017.story

Xyn

3 letters, 0 meaning
Mar 3, 2005
California
People aren't supposed to spank their children right?

Cops are allowed to use tasers right?

Anyone else with me?

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
I'd probably enroll them in some sports & other activities for the socialization. There are even social groups & sports leagues for kids who are home schooled so they don't feel so isolated.
That'll work. The kids in most neighborhoods tend to welcome the outcasts into the sports programs.
Way to create a serial killer.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Too complicated.
Odd you just totally described the school system where I live..

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
I wonder where he learned those kind of manners...

I hope you kicked his little ass out for good.

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
Blame lawyers, not schools.

The only way schools can save themselves from the blood-sucking lawyers is to over react in these situations.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
I wonder where he learned those kind of manners...

I hope you kicked his little ass out for good.
nope..I can't his dad is on the board...
I am sorry, I am not gonna kiss any kid's ass..I don't care if he or she is the second coming!....If they are being a shit and causing a problem...I take them out of the collective....I have 47-67 other kids in the pool I have to work with, focusing on one kid deprives the others..
I took a new approach..this week..got it from Full Metal Jacket....one kid becomes a problem.......everyone else pays for it and continues to until the said problem stops....so far...so good.