2U: The Documentary

Lord Zero

The one time I saw them, I enjoyed it. It was also in the middle of the day at a bar during our local St Pats shitshow parade so take that for what it's worth. I would say that was in 08 or 09

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
I like how Joe tries to sell the "We don't just sound like U2, we look just like them too!"

The Bono guy wears the bug eye sunglasses, the other guy dyes his hair retard yellow, and Joe puts on a dumb hat... and they're not fooling anybody.

The may as well just slap on name tags... Bono, The Edge, the Other U2 Guy... it'd be just as convincing.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
I saw U2 back in the day and couldn't hear shit for a week. The joys of floor seats with a huge PA speaker aimed downward.

I'm very very injured...

Perch1019

I hate Brother Joe and his stupid fucking band, but how is 2U ripping off U2? They're a cover band. They're not passing off U2's songs as their own or anything.
That their career is them acting like them and playing their songs. They're schtick is "can't see the real thing so see us". There is nothing original about what they do. It just amazes me that they made a career out of that.
A cover band who play all sorts of shit is one thing. They pretend to be one band and do their shows.
I get their not passing it off as their own but they're making money off it.

Ballbuster1

Cute I am.
Wackbag Staff
Actually, there's pretty good cash in doing this kind of stuff
and they have actually been acknowledged by U2 for their act.
They've done tours of Europe before.

Creasy Bear

Donator
Well I just looked at their schedule, and that's some seriously rinky dink shit they're doing. A couple of Long Island gigs that are just embarrassing in their crapulence.

Oh, and the website is embarrassing. It looks like it's stuck in the 1990's.

http://www.notu2.com

LiddyRules

RIP King of France. Gutted Like Fish Under R Line
Well I just looked at their schedule, and that's some seriously rinky dink shit they're doing. A couple of Long Island gigs that are just embarrassing in their crapulence.

Thank you for letting me in on this. Where did you find the schedule because it's an eternal circle

Home Page --> Schedule --> 2U --> Home Page

Also, on the main page, click on the "Management & Booking" email and marvel at the professionalism of the e-mail address

Ballbuster1

Cute I am.
Wackbag Staff

Yeah, the website has always been that way and the bigger
tours was when they had the guy Perch was talking about.
He really did look and sound like Bono but that was years ago.

LiddyRules

No one is saying he's a bad guitarist. (During the entire GBA fiasco, a few of us said that his passion is clearly music so doing a show about music would be more likely to get somewhere.) We're just saying he's a bad person.

Creasy Bear

Donator
Thank you for letting me in on this. Where did you find the schedule because it's an eternal circle

Home Page --> Schedule --> 2U --> Home Page

Also, on the main page, click on the "Management & Booking" email and marvel at the professionalism of the e-mail address
The webpage is a worthless loop of suck. I went to the Facebook page to see the schedule. It's a weird mish mash of tribute bands... U2, Journey, Jimi Hendrix. The only upcoming gig I see is a private high school charity gig at a minuscule theatre in Sag Harbor on Long Island. That and maybe a free concert of some sort in Ft. Lauderdale.

There's something about a Solo Joe Acoustic Show that looks like it happened at a hamburger restaurant. I'll bet that was a magical experience.

Lord Zero

That their career is them acting like them and playing their songs. They're schtick is "can't see the real thing so see us". There is nothing original about what they do. It just amazes me that they made a career out of that.
A cover band who play all sorts of shit is one thing. They pretend to be one band and do their shows.
I didn't say that it wasn't pathetic, just that it wasn't ripping off U2. 'Ripping off', to me, refers to some act of fraud.

Last edited:

LiddyRules

There's something about a Solo Joe Acoustic Show that looks like it happened at a hamburger restaurant. I'll bet that was a magical experience.
Kind of wish he did all food-based parody songs at that one. With or Without Cheese? With or Withouuuuuuuuuuuut Cheese?

Creasy Bear

Donator
I just looked at the "business address" Joe has listed on the 2U suck pit of a website, and I now realize that I lived about half a mile from Joe when I lived on Long Island.

And I thought having Dee Snyder as my "over the back fence" neighbor was an honor and a privilege... little did I know how close I was to true musical greatness.

Creasy Bear

Donator
Kind of wish he did all food-based parody songs at that one. With or Without Cheese? With or Withouuuuuuuuuuuut Cheese?
Don't skip desert, folks!

Sundae berry sundaes.
Sundae berry sundaes.
Sundae berry sundaaaaaaes.

Stig

Fucking your mother.

It's best viewed with Netscape.

Stig

Fucking your mother.
I didn't say that it wasn't pathetic, just that it wasn't ripping off U2. 'Ripping off', to me, refers to some act of fraud.
But are they paying their ASCAP fees?