3-year-old S.C. boy killed after mistaking pink handgun for toy

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
3-year-old S.C. boy killed after mistaking pink handgun for toy

By David Edwards
Tuesday, February 5, 2013 12:26 EST

A 3-year-old boy in Greenville, South Carolina was shot in the head and killed on Friday after he started playing with a pink handgun because he thought it was a toy.

Police responding to the shooting at Haywood Plantation Apartments said that Tmorej Smith was found with a gunshot wound to the head, according to The Associated Press.

Investigators determined that Tmorej and his 7-year-old sister had been playing with a pink handgun when the incident occurred.

Deputy Coroner Jeff Fowler ruled the shooting an accidental homicide.

Fowler said that the shooting happened in a bedroom, while the boy’s grandparents were in the living room. The parents were not at home at the time.

“If you have guns, if you own guns mostly we would prefer you have them in a lock box,” Greenville Police Media Relations Officer Jonathan Bragg told WYFF. “At least have them out of the reach of children.”

Police had not yet revealed who fired the weapon.

Pink handguns and Hello Kitty assault rifles have been part of an effort to get firearms in the hands of women and younger groups in recent years. In 2011, Arizona state Sen. Lori Klein (R) was criticized after she pointed her loaded raspberry-pink handgun at a reporter.

“Oh, it’s so cute,” Klein told the reporter as she aimed the gun’s laser pointer at the reporter’s chest, adding that the firearm’s lack of a trigger safety should not be a reason to worry.

“I just didn’t have my hand on the trigger,” she said.

Raw Story (http://s.tt/1zpgX)

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Darwin, FTW.

If you have firearms and children, make sure your shit is secure and out of their reach.

Plus, gun proof them as soon as possible.

Dec 12, 2007
“If you have guns, if you own guns mostly we would prefer you have them in a lock box,” Greenville Police Media Relations Officer Jonathan Bragg told WYFF. At least have them out of the reach of children.
Well that outta set people straight. No need to get harsh with your talk, you catch more flies with honey I always say.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
With a name like Tmorej I'm thinking it was suicide.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
I smell bullshit. When my boy was 3, he couldn't pull the trigger on the dollar store squirt guns. I have no doubt he also couldn't pull the trigger on a pink real handgun. I would damn sure be looking at that 7 year old as the shooter.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
With a name like Tmorej I'm thinking it was suicide.
or death buy being stupid ******s. no loss

some fat cunt that is on my face book posted that link last night, i wanted to start lambasting her with assault fork and how many choked on chicken mc nuggets yesterday but got bored too fast

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
I smell bullshit. When my boy was 3, he couldn't pull the trigger on the dollar store squirt guns. I have no doubt he also couldn't pull the trigger on a pink real handgun. I would damn sure be looking at that 7 year old as the shooter.
More black on black crime.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
Id shoot myself if i found out i was stuck in SC too.

Dikbag

Dec 11, 2004
NW Ohio
Darwin, FTW.

If you have firearms and children, make sure your shit is secure and out of their reach.

Plus, gun proof them as soon as possible.
agreed, I always kept my loaded .45 in my nightstand and loaded shotgun under the bed skirt. I had a biometric gun locker bolted to the wall by my bed soon after my first kid was conceived.

keep your shit locked up if/when kids are around, this happens way too often.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Alternate headline: 3-Year-Old Killed by Gun Nicknamed "The Sissy-Mary"

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
Apr 6, 2005
I Will Pay Snakes To Bite You
Loaded it would be kind of heavy, hard to pull the trigger all the way back, point at your own head for a three year old.

Even harder holding it sideways.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Indeed. They need to be checking prints on that gun.