360's bricked, now what?

MilitantRabbit

Back...and still sucks...
Nov 11, 2004
Woodland Park
My 360 got bricked by the RRoD, so here's the question:
Should I go through Best Buy's PRP system or Microsoft's repair system?
I just want to know whether or not going through Best Buy will make me lose my HDD.

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
I'd say best buy. If I'm not mistaken they will give you an new 360 on the spot.

Going through MS, it's been said they just take yours that you send in, and ship you an already refurbished model. Then eventually refurb yours to send to another person.

Best Buy's PRP is a pretty good program. I've gone through 3 high end mp3 players under my plan(s), and have only spent $400 total: the original $300 for the first one, $50 for the original PRP (which got me through 2 of them) and the additional $50 to re-up my PRP when I swapped out the last one for my iPod.

Speaking of which, I'll need to have my iPod 'fail' soon because I only have 6 months left on the current PRP.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Make sure you have all the paperwork for BB and tell them you're swapping out HDD on the replacement one. They shouldn't give you a hard time, if they do bark up the food chain.

kingrat

Enough of this palaver!
Dec 1, 2004
Orlando FL
i did this with gamestop earlier this year...they gladly took out the harddrive and put it in the replacement...or you could just remove it before returning it and hope they dont notice :) .

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
My 360 got bricked by the RRoD, so here's the question:
Should I go through Best Buy's PRP system or Microsoft's repair system?
I just want to know whether or not going through Best Buy will make me lose my HDD.
Jesus Rabbit, we told you to stop stuffing your grandma's cakes in your 360