46 People arrested at Korn Concert at the PNC in Jersey

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
Teens charged with underage drinking at PNC concert

Authorities arrested 46 people at a Korn concert at the PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel and charged most of them with underage drinking, State Police said today.

The arrests Wednesday night continue a crackdown on minors drinking at the arts center, where for years tailgating and alcohol consumption have gone hand-in-hand for many attendees.

In the most recent arrests, 30 of the 46 were charged with underage drinking. The other 16 are facing offenses including drug possession, resisting arrest, assault, possession of drug paraphernalia and serving alcohol to a minor, said State Police Capt. Kevin Burke, who headed the effort. Most of those arrested were from New York and northern New Jersey, he said.

Despite the widespread publicity about the crackdown, State Police continue to make a relatively high number of arrests at concerts they believe will attract younger crowds, he said.

"Maybe they think they're not going to get caught, I don't know," he said. "We remain vigilant in what we're doing. We're going to be out here. We're not changing what we're doing."

Of the 30 charged with underage drinking, four were under 18. The youngest of the alleged underage drinkers was 16, State Police spokeswoman Sgt. Jeanne Hengemuhle said.

wigsnatcher

usually confused
May 11, 2007
Nashville
i guess they had to start cracking down eventually. every concert i've been to, underage drinking and weed were standard.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Good to know that black on black crime is down, crack isn't being sold on the street, the gang problem has been solved and old people are not being bilked out of their retirement anymore so we can go after what is really important.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
Looks like they are proofing people who look young. A bunch of 18,19 & 20yr olds busted.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
so are we going to get up bail money for flea man or do we just let him rot in the drunk tank?

Aug 11, 2005
just lower the age back to 18 already.
It'll stop the bullshit of voting and serving in the military arguments and will bring hot chicks back to the bars!

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Apr 24, 2005
On the road to ruin
For those of you not familiar with why they're cracking down, let me enlighten you. Earlier this year at one of the first shows of the season (might have been Gwen Stefani) MULTIPLE underage kids ended up at area hospitals because they couldn't hold their liquor. They were passing out all over the place, puking in public areas (as opposed to the woods or bathrooms), and just generally being irresponsible. A few kids spoiled it for the rest of those that could hold their liquor or just wanted a beer with their burger.

I give a great big FU to the few bad apples spoiling it for the whole bunch. But if it keeps kids out of the ER, and parents from suing the venue, and the state police from having to scrape them off the Garden State Parkway later that night, more power to them.

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
Take the publicity of the arrest and divide it by the "toughness" of the target. As the resultant approaches infinity the likelihood of arrest increases.

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
For those of you not familiar with why they're cracking down, let me enlighten you. Earlier this year at one of the first shows of the season (might have been Gwen Stefani) MULTIPLE underage kids ended up at area hospitals because they couldn't hold their liquor. They were passing out all over the place, puking in public areas (as opposed to the woods or bathrooms), and just generally being irresponsible. A few kids spoiled it for the rest of those that could hold their liquor or just wanted a beer with their burger.

I give a great big FU to the few bad apples spoiling it for the whole bunch. But if it keeps kids out of the ER, and parents from suing the venue, and the state police from having to scrape them off the Garden State Parkway later that night, more power to them.
Well how the fuck do you expect them to learn how to suck a case down and still drive normal? I say let the lil bastards who are GONNA drink , drink... the younger they build up their imunity thge better. by the time I got my drivers license I was a proffessional boozer.

everyone gets fucked up their first few times,,, Its better they do it young while people are around to watch their ass. The mostdangerouse people on the roads are novice drinkers.

Creampier

I have to return some videotapes!
May 11, 2007
Somerville, NJ

They must have arrested the entire audience at the Gwen Stefani concert. She's been a teeny bopper magnet since she went solo. It's too bad. I kinda dug No Doubt. Tragic Kingdom was a great album.

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey

Kids have been getting drunk and stoned forever at these things.
I remember hanging out in the parking lot at the Meadowlands at a Dead concert ( I was only there for the drugs) and puking up half a case after eating mushrooms. I then took a tab just to ensure I would still trip. 90% of the parking lot was annihilated.

They must have arrested the entire audience at the Gwen Stefani concert. She's been a teeny bopper magnet since she went solo. It's too bad. I kinda dug No Doubt. Tragic Kingdom was a great album.
The fall of Gwen Stefani is indeed a tragic one. It's like she went backwards and is now becoming a confused teen with an identity crisis. That latest video with her gyrating around a bunch of thugs and homies makes me want to vomit. Nice role model you became there, Gwen.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Apr 24, 2005
On the road to ruin
I absolutely do NOT agree with drunk driving at any age. Fuck that shit. I don't need some dumb ass plowing into my car & severly injuring me. Get a fucking designated driver. Not every drunk is smart enough to crash into a tree or a guard rail & kill only themselves & their passengers.

If you want to drink under age, do what we did: get a room in some shitty fleabag motel & drink to your heart's content. No one had parents cool enough to let us drink in the house, so we did the next best thing. Oh, and there was no driving home drunk... we'd just eventually pass out. And we were smart enough to know when to stop drinking. None of us ever ended up in the hospital with alcohol poisoning.

This is a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. If LiveNation wasn't hiring the additional state troopers to crack down on under age drinking, the parents would be furious. Now that they are, other adults are furious. Fuck that shit. It's *my* safety that's important to me, and I'm glad they're lowering the odds that I'll be puked on or hit by an under age drunk driver.

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
I have to agree with HT here. Kids are gonna drink, though this ought to force them into 'hiding' and keep them off of the roads. I really don't need to get crashed by some drunk kid with no self control.

If they end up in the hospital with poisoning, that's their problem & lesson learned.

I'd prefer that cops are trying to curb this instead of risking their lives stoping savage on savage crime & crackheads as well. Fuck them.

bethm1b

person of interest
Dec 1, 2006
Just past the line.
Well how the fuck do you expect them to learn how to suck a case down and still drive normal? I say let the lil bastards who are GONNA drink , drink... the younger they build up their imunity thge better. by the time I got my drivers license I was a proffessional boozer.

everyone gets fucked up their first few times,,, Its better they do it young while people are around to watch their ass. The mostdangerouse people on the roads are novice drinkers.

Four more years!!! Four more years!!!!:clap::clap::clap:

Schmed

I'm a corpse without a soul...
Nov 4, 2002
Shitsville, NY
Good to know that black on black crime is down, crack isn't being sold on the street, the gang problem has been solved and old people are not being bilked out of their retirement anymore so we can go after what is really important.
and..

The illegal immigrant murderers and drunk drivers have all been deported.
The boys are home from Iraq after ridding the world of the Islamo-fascist element.
We are no longer owned by China

did I forget anything ?

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
I absolutely do NOT agree with drunk driving at any age. Fuck that shit. I don't need some dumb ass plowing into my car & severly injuring me. Get a fucking designated driver. Not every drunk is smart enough to crash into a tree or a guard rail & kill only themselves & their passengers.
Great points. I could not agree more.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Umm don't think I need to point this out....but, you all do know that the local barracks of the NJ State Police is at PNC right?