$5 down payment for murder given to cop to kill gay lovers girlfiend

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
Man Allegedly Offers Cop $5 for Hit
From Associated Press

INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - An man is accused of offering an undercover officer $5 and 90 pills of the painkiller Oxycotin to kill a woman.

Robert Macklin, 35, faces one count of first-degree assault or one count of the alternative charge of conspiracy to commit first-degree murder. He was charged Wednesday in Jackson County Circuit Court in Independence.

According to court documents, Macklin's roommate called police after he repeatedly asked her to kill the girlfriend of a man with whom he once had a relationship. The roommate said Macklin wanted the girlfriend out of the way so the men could be together.

Macklin was arrested Tuesday night after he reportedly gave the officer $5 as a down payment.

Prosecutors have requested a $500,000 bond

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I want to understand the $5. I can understand the 90 Oxycotin payment. That's useful. But why the $5? Was $0 and 90 bad going to be a deal breaker but $5 and 90 ok?

Sprite

permanent case of the Moooondays
Apr 27, 2005
Jersey
I think $6 or $7 might have been enough...........

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
I want to understand the $5. I can understand the 90 Oxycotin payment. That's useful. But why the $5? Was $0 and 90 bad going to be a deal breaker but $5 and 90 ok?
The cop needed a form of payment as evidence. The conversation probably went something like,

"I'll get you 90 Oxy pills"
"Well, if I'm going to do it I need something from you"
"All I got on me is 5$"

He gave him the 5$, and was arrested for soliciting a murder.