5 Greatest Comedy Albums ever

umo

Eddie Murphy...Comedian
Hard to believe, but this album was released a quarter century ago. Back in high school a whole bunch of people memorized the whole act verbatim. The classic jokes about faggots, ice cream man, barbecues and the fart game make this the funniest album ever. Tragic how a brilliant cutting edge comic could devolve into a G-rated pile of milquetoast. But that decision to change made Murphy super rich.

Sam Kinison...Have You Seen Me Lately?
Sam was comic genius...period. Moving starving Africans out of the desert. Fucking a corpse in a mortuary. The Robo-Pope. Rock against drugs. There was nobody funnier than Sam. I still miss him.

Richard Pryor...That N*gger's Crazy
Pryor took comedy to a whole new level with his brand of brutal honesty about himself and others. Listen to this or any other Pryor album and you will understand why Jimmy Norton worships this guy.

Dice Clay...Day The Laughter Died
"It's comedy. You don't have to laugh to enjoy it" -Dice. The Diceman proved that statement by delivering the cringe humor album of all time. This album is unique in that Dice purposely tried to offend and alienate everyone in the audience. It resulted in a comedy classic. That douchebag actually used to be great.

Redd Foxx...Uncensored
Family friendly Fred Sanford never abandoned his core audience and remained the filthiest nightclub comic in the business throughout his career. The only guy pulling off this feat today is Bob Saget. It's incredible that Foxx successfully specialized in dirty jokes even during the pre Civil Rights and Lenny Bruce era.

thelord68

There's always time for lubricant
This list is useless without Bill Hicks

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
No Cheech and Chong: Big Bamboo? Come on, this list is fucked.

Philly loser

Wackbag Elder Statesman
I think you can argue one or two of them, but I don't think it's a bad list. When I saw the thread title, my first thought was that Eddie Murphy, Pryor and Sam had to be on the list, so I don't disagree with that.

Fruit Monkey

Don't stare at it eat it! P-1 In trainning
Eddie Murphy...Delirious
Hard to believe, but this album was released a quarter century ago. Back in high school a whole bunch of people memorized the whole act verbatim. The classic jokes about faggots, ice cream man, barbecues and the fart game make this the funniest album ever. Tragic how a brilliant cutting edge comic could devolve into a G-rated pile of milquetoast. But that decision to change made Murphy super rich.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085474/

jackjack

It depends on the interpretation of 'greatest'. Most influential? Still relevant? Most sales? They are all different lists with some overlap.
It would be hard to argue that Dice's album did more for the industry than 'Class Clown.

Fruit Monkey

Don't stare at it eat it! P-1 In trainning
"It's comedy. You don't have to laugh to enjoy it" -Dice. The Diceman proved that statement by delivering the cringe humor album of all time. This album is unique in that Dice purposely tried to offend and alienate everyone in the audience. It resulted in a comedy classic. That douchebag actually used to be great.

Never heard of it

Dude did you get one album titel right? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001048/

I think you mean The Dice Man Cometh

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Truth about Fagots, a classic!
[yt]btFu7bZ4c2Y[/yt]

James Brown
[yt]i7kP35jI7Go[/yt]

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!

Never heard of it

Dude did you get one album titel right? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001048/

I think you mean The Dice Man Cometh
No. The Day the Laughter Died was a double set that came out sometime around 1990 or so. Dice went on stage in a small club and killed for almost two hours, with no previous advertising or anything like that.

It really was a great album. Too bad he's turned into a balding delusional douchebag these days.

jackjack

That was a good re-watch.. I didn't remember just how much he was trying to be Pryor back then.

cigarsandscotch

Smoke and drink up.
Sam Kinison was the greatest.

I saw "Have you seen me lately?" by Sam Kinison, but equally as brilliant was "Louder than Hell" . "Leader of the Banned" and "Live from hell" are also worth picking up.

pure_waves

© Steven Carr Industries, 2014. Grrrrrrrr
yes day the laughter died is probably the best comedy album ive ever heard. if you havent heard it definitely try to download it. dont bother with the second one, its absolute shite.

Dice torrent

Ari Shaffir

You guys are ignoring Dat Phan's classic 3rd album, "Episode III, What the Hao" which he burned on his computer.

stellarcomics

Carlin's "You are all Diseased" is a classic. So was Chris Rock's "Bring the Pain". They don't belong in the top 5, but neither does Dice. Pryor's "Live and Smokin" is a better example of a comic "bombing" brilliantly. The audience never knows quite what to think of it.

umo

Eddie Murphy's 'Delirious' was a videotaped concert based on the original comedy album titled 'Comedian'.

...and if you never heard about "Day the Laughter Died" you better axe somebody.

Baby Evil

Trading warriors for illegals works, right?
I would take:

Richard Prior Bicentennial Ni**er
Bill Hicks (Either Rant in E Minor or Relentless)
Sam Kinison Have You Seen Me Lately
Little Jimmy's Trinkets I Own Made From Gorilla Hands (I am not trying to sound like a mark, but I have listened to this roughly 100 times and I still laugh hard)
Bill Cosby To Russell, My Brother, Whom I Have Slept With.

stellarcomics

Jimmy is very funny, but he has yet to make a "great" comedy album. I think he's on his way. He can make me laugh on a daily basis, so i think a great cohesive "album" is in him. Happy Endings is very cohesive.
Also; I like the fact that his material comes from his real life. The best material usually does. Chris Rock's "I'll shake the shit out a woman" joke is a great example.

bill cosby had some great old stuff that is....ahem...family friendly...Why Is there Air? Himself...To Russel...etc.

I have to agree that eddie murphy was prob the best b/c i was like 10 when I first heard it and the fact that he was swearing was the best thing ever to a 10yo

Baby Evil

I put Jimmy on there because at this point in my life these are the comedy albums that make me laugh the most. Eddie Murphy was great, but I laugh harder at these album than others.

IDidItAll

C'mon!!

That first Jerky Boys record is CLASSIC!!

Goober

AKA Eqyptian Teabag the Friendly Arab
You guys are ignoring Dat Phan's classic 3rd album, "Episode III, What the Hao" which he burned on his computer.
Dat Phan's 3rd album is no match for Margaret Cho's latest album , "Meee So Fat & Lesbian". I just love Asians who do wacky impressions of their mothers.

Baby Evil

Dat Phan's 3rd album is no match for Margaret Cho's latest album , "Meee So Fat & Lesbian". I just love Asians who do wacky impressions of their mothers.
That is nothing compared to the comedy tour-de-force Lisa Lampanelli "My Cunt smells like afrosheen from banging ni**ers all day while I try to rip off Don Rickles."

Goober

AKA Eqyptian Teabag the Friendly Arab
That is nothing compared to the comedy tour-de-force Lisa Lampanelli "My Cunt smells like afrosheen from banging ni**ers all day while I try to rip off Don Rickles."
Shit!!! I forgot about that one. I stand corrected.