Discussion in 'Comedians, Guests & Friends of the Show (Friends)' started by umo, Jan 30, 2008.
Do you really need five reasons?
It bugs me how he tries to be diplomatic about the stealing material part and says "well maybe it's just similar thinking."
3 Louis CK jokes from one HBO special show up in a Dane Cook special and that's not blatant stealing? 1 joke can be blown off as a coincidence, 2 is very suspicious, 3 is fucking thievery.
I don't hate Dane Cook I just don't really find him as funny as a lot of people think. I watched some of "Vicious Circle" the other night when it was on TV for about half hour and didn't crack a smile once
I watched the dave atell special with him and another guy along with greg giraldo. giraldo was the best by far and Dane may has been number 2 in my opinion out of three guys.
Dane Cook's original comedy central 30 minute show was fucking amazing. The first time i saw that i couldnt breath because of how much i was laughing.
That was like '99 '00. I didn't care too much for vicious circle, but i will always remeber the first time i watched him. Hillarious.
I don't hate Dane Cook as a person.... I just hate Dane Cook fans.
yea besides the fact that his material blows and his fans are fucking douchebags, dane cook isn't that bad.
I don't think he's funny and I don't find him hot like a lot of women do.
To put this in perspective, this could easily read as a top 5 list of why you should hate O&A:
5) Rips people off. The douchebag that wrote this garbage doesn't have enough balls to take a position, just says there are accusations. Fair enough. O&A have been accused of ripping off Howard Stern and have acknowledged 'borrowing' or 'improving' bits from other shows.
4) Lack of respect for other (shows). The only specific reason given for this hatred was running long once. O&A famously did that to JV & Elvis. Many other radio shows hate O&A.
3) Their fans are too devoted and obnoxious. I think this one speaks for itself.
2) They have a different on-air style than most other radio shows. Yes, they're not a morning zoo. Their style is a little bit different.
1) No relevance or longevity - Saying O&A have a lack of longevity would be retarded. Of course, the author says that Dane Cook has a lack of longevity despite being on top of the comedy world for 10 years, so I guess it still fits. Relevance? I submit to you the clips they played from their AAF days, which they acknowledge didn't exactly age well.
There you have it. De Blenniss is a no-position taking fucking retard and anyone on this board that agrees with him on these points is a brain-dead mongoloid hypocrite. If you don't think he's funny, that's your opinion. But this list is ponderous. Fucking Ponderous.
Agreed. I remember that half hour special. I thought it was ok funny -- mainly the part where he talks about shit that happens to you when you're drunk. I laughed when he did the whole bit about looking at the fare meter and thinking it's the time.
Other than that I think he blows. He definitely blows now. Vicious Circle was dogshit.
with a passion
I don't hate Dane Cook. I mean I don't like him, I don't think he's funny but I don't find him as repellant as some people do or as much as other comedians. I think he's been most/only entertaining when he is on O+A.
Dane Cook fans I hate more. I don't really see them as people who truly appreciate the art of comedy. They prefer the big budget happy movie to the intelligent, dark indy thing.
I'll sum this one up.
1. He steals jokes.
2. He steals jokes.
3. He steals jokes.
4. He steals jokes.
5. He's from Boston.
The same thing can be said about Larry the Cable Guy.
its always annoying when someone with mediocre talent (at best) makes it so big. #4 is the only weak argument on the list
i wish o&a would rip on his DOUCHE CHILL music. i guess bobby kelly would fucking whine about it.
I can't believe we watched the same special. Even way back then I thought he was a fucking shaved monkey jumping around on stage with no direction.
He's awful. Then and now.
But the difference is, Larry the Cable Guy came up with that character on his own. If you listen to him riff, like he did on O&A, he actually has some comedic chops. If he could break that stupid character he might actually be funny. Probably not, but maybe.
The only thing funny about Dane Cook is how he kills people in COD.
Id like to give him the 50 cal in the face from across the map in bog.
How is talking really fast in an AAD cadence with an abrupt punchline funny? If you break it down, much of his stuff doesn't warrant the popularity he has. I think he's OK in an on-air setting like on O+A but that applies to a bunch of people. I like Sagat on-air but his stand-up is brutally unfunny.
Yeah! With stopping power!
And then blame it on him having a superman shirt on...
They left one off....
6. His coattails suck...
To be fair, no coattails could carry the mess that is Bawby.