5 Reasons to hate Dane Cook

Pearce

Dec 16, 2007
Ohio
It bugs me how he tries to be diplomatic about the stealing material part and says "well maybe it's just similar thinking."

3 Louis CK jokes from one HBO special show up in a Dane Cook special and that's not blatant stealing? 1 joke can be blown off as a coincidence, 2 is very suspicious, 3 is fucking thievery.

TheTruth

BabyFuck fan since day 1
Jun 27, 2006
North Jersey
I don't hate Dane Cook I just don't really find him as funny as a lot of people think. I watched some of "Vicious Circle" the other night when it was on TV for about half hour and didn't crack a smile once

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Hell,California
I watched the dave atell special with him and another guy along with greg giraldo. giraldo was the best by far and Dane may has been number 2 in my opinion out of three guys.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
Dane Cook's original comedy central 30 minute show was fucking amazing. The first time i saw that i couldnt breath because of how much i was laughing.

That was like '99 '00. I didn't care too much for vicious circle, but i will always remeber the first time i watched him. Hillarious.

Goober

AKA Eqyptian Teabag the Friendly Arab
Sep 1, 2005
Washington, D.C.
I don't hate Dane Cook as a person.... I just hate Dane Cook fans.

Oct 5, 2004
jersey
yea besides the fact that his material blows and his fans are fucking douchebags, dane cook isn't that bad.

MelissaY1

Resident Star Fucker
Nov 28, 2005
NY
I don't think he's funny and I don't find him hot like a lot of women do.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
To put this in perspective, this could easily read as a top 5 list of why you should hate O&A:

5) Rips people off. The douchebag that wrote this garbage doesn't have enough balls to take a position, just says there are accusations. Fair enough. O&A have been accused of ripping off Howard Stern and have acknowledged 'borrowing' or 'improving' bits from other shows.

4) Lack of respect for other (shows). The only specific reason given for this hatred was running long once. O&A famously did that to JV & Elvis. Many other radio shows hate O&A.

3) Their fans are too devoted and obnoxious. I think this one speaks for itself.

2) They have a different on-air style than most other radio shows. Yes, they're not a morning zoo. Their style is a little bit different.

1) No relevance or longevity - Saying O&A have a lack of longevity would be retarded. Of course, the author says that Dane Cook has a lack of longevity despite being on top of the comedy world for 10 years, so I guess it still fits. Relevance? I submit to you the clips they played from their AAF days, which they acknowledge didn't exactly age well.

There you have it. De Blenniss is a no-position taking fucking retard and anyone on this board that agrees with him on these points is a brain-dead mongoloid hypocrite. If you don't think he's funny, that's your opinion. But this list is ponderous. Fucking Ponderous.

sbrainb

Go suck a bag of dicks.
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
Dane Cook's original comedy central 30 minute show was fucking amazing. The first time i saw that i couldnt breath because of how much i was laughing.

That was like '99 '00. I didn't care too much for vicious circle, but i will always remeber the first time i watched him. Hillarious.
Agreed. I remember that half hour special. I thought it was ok funny -- mainly the part where he talks about shit that happens to you when you're drunk. I laughed when he did the whole bit about looking at the fare meter and thinking it's the time.

Other than that I think he blows. He definitely blows now. Vicious Circle was dogshit.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I don't hate Dane Cook. I mean I don't like him, I don't think he's funny but I don't find him as repellant as some people do or as much as other comedians. I think he's been most/only entertaining when he is on O+A.

Dane Cook fans I hate more. I don't really see them as people who truly appreciate the art of comedy. They prefer the big budget happy movie to the intelligent, dark indy thing.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I'll sum this one up.

1. He steals jokes.
2. He steals jokes.
3. He steals jokes.
4. He steals jokes.
5. He's from Boston.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
its always annoying when someone with mediocre talent (at best) makes it so big. #4 is the only weak argument on the list

al885

May 1, 2003
i wish o&a would rip on his DOUCHE CHILL music. i guess bobby kelly would fucking whine about it.

Mar 15, 2004
New Jersey

I can't believe we watched the same special. Even way back then I thought he was a fucking shaved monkey jumping around on stage with no direction.

He's awful. Then and now.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
The same thing can be said about Larry the Cable Guy.
But the difference is, Larry the Cable Guy came up with that character on his own. If you listen to him riff, like he did on O&A, he actually has some comedic chops. If he could break that stupid character he might actually be funny. Probably not, but maybe.

R.BuddDwyer

Feb 2, 2006
Philly
How is talking really fast in an AAD cadence with an abrupt punchline funny? If you break it down, much of his stuff doesn't warrant the popularity he has. I think he's OK in an on-air setting like on O+A but that applies to a bunch of people. I like Sagat on-air but his stand-up is brutally unfunny.

askewcore

Why am I Mr. Sparkle?
Dec 5, 2004
Id like to give him the 50 cal in the face from across the map in bog.
Yeah! With stopping power!

And then blame it on him having a superman shirt on...

Baby Evil

Trading warriors for illegals works, right?
Jul 18, 2005
Atlanta, GA
They left one off....

6. His coattails suck...