5 woman murdered in suburban store, killer at large

CHICAGO, Illinois (CNN) -- A gunman who shot and killed five women in a clothing store at a suburban Chicago strip mall Saturday remains at large, police said. Authorities do not know the motive for the shooting at the Lane Bryant store, said Tinley Park police Sgt. T.J. Grady. The victims' identities were not released.
Grady told reporters that a 911 call reporting the shooting came in at 10:44 a.m. Stores in the strip mall were thoroughly searched, he said, and "it appears the offender has left the area." Shoppers in nearby stores described a tense situation after the shooting.
"Six police entered the store with their hands on their gun holsters," said Tracy Caccavella, who was in a pet supply store across from the Lane Bryant store, according to The Associated Press.
The gunman was described as an African-American man, about 5 feet 9 inches tall and weighing between 230 and 260 pounds, Grady said. He was wearing a waist-length black winter coat, a black cap and dark jeans
draw your own conclusions....

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/02/02/store.shooting/

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
He probably just hates fatties.

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
at 5'9"
230-260
he ain't exactly svelte himself

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
Lane Bryant

Steve Carr's favorite clothing store

LL

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
by " work "

do you mean shooting people :icon_mrgr

Melk

Listening from the Future
Nov 14, 2005
Japan
...she's overweight, she lives there...

Lane Bryant Massacre CBS News Clip

Yesterday in a suburb of my hometown there was a massacre at a Lane Bryant store. Check out Patricia May's comments in the video. What a psychopath.

I also love the photos from inside a Target that look like absolutely nothing.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
Any finger nails broken off in the walls there?

Melk

Listening from the Future
Nov 14, 2005
Japan
I don't know. I am from that area too. The event is news, the news story from CBS is just an entertaining embarrassment. They manage to pan their cameras over to the Best Buy store in the background not once but twice during the Tinley Park police chief's press conference, they post photos a "channel 2 news viewer" took from inside of a Target store that are almost impossible to identify, and they interview an old woman who is babbling like a moron about how her daughter is overweight and a Lane Bryant groupie... that old woman wanted attention... yet the newscaster had to assure us that she was, in fact, obviously upset... Was she?

This station used to have Bill Kurtis and Walter Jacobson as an anchors for fuck's sake. Now they are scrambling to make a story out of something that is obviously newsworthy and yet they cannot just keep their cameras pointed at the story they are covering.

This became a commercial for Lane Bryant, Target, and Best Buy.

If this was the Palatine Brown's Chicken Massacre, they would have shown footage of the Burger King Whopper Freakout.

Mar 2, 2005
chicago
yea i guess you got a point there melk. CH2 is pretty much the special ed channel.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
HA-HA

prolly a lot of size 14's there
I divorced my ex-wife at size 14. I like to think of it that way too:

"How long were you married?"
"About 10 sizes"

Why couldn't she have been shopping?

BullsLawDan

She A Great Big Fat Person?
Feb 9, 2006
NY
Wonder if the guy had to use extra bullets...

I like this version of the story from the AP:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080203/ap_on_re_us/store_shooting_45
Police searched Sunday for a gunman who herded five women into the back room of a strip mall clothing store, killed them during a botched robbery and vanished after walking out of the shop's front door.
I'm sure it was just an ironic choice of words... :haha7::haha7::haha7: