OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

53-year-old woman killed in Sarasota DUI crash

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by mr. sin, Jan 10, 2012.

1. mr. sin

mr. sin Registered User

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...killed-in-sarasota-dui-crash-according-to-fhp

SARASOTA, Fla. - A 53-year-old Sarasota woman was hit and killed by a drunk driver, according to Florida Highway Patrol troopers.

t happened Saturday afternoon when troopers say Blake C. Talman, 22, was fleeing from another crash scene.

Talman reportedly lost control of his Nissan Altima on State Road 758 north of Glebe Lane when troopers say he struck Donna L. Chen as she was walking her dog on a sidewalk.

According to authorities, the dog was also hit, and it ran away from the scene.

THIS IS WHERE THIS VID COMES INTO PLAY!!!

A footnote: The dog Donna Chen was walking ran off after the crash and jumped into the Gulf of Mexico and swam up to a kayaker far from shore. The kayak was equipped with a video camera which captured the moment. The dog was rescued and is okay. The video was posted on YouTube where is was prominently featured on Monday.

the boaters info posted on youtube

The accident scene was about a mile from where I found Barney swimming. Our guess is that he was so freaked out and traumatized that he just wanted to get as far away from there as possible. And when he ran out of land, he took to the water. I feel lucky that I was there fishing, because there was no place for him to go and I don't know if he could have made it much farther. He's banged up, but fine. Our hearts go out to the family who lost their mother.

NOTES:
    * Yes, Barney is back with his family. I imagine they need him pretty bad right now.
    * I usually keep a camera running when I fish, in case I catch the big one. It does happen, occasionally (see other videos in my profile if you are interested)
    * The kayak is a Hobie Adventure. It is a kayak made specifically for fishing. When turned down, the side floats allow me to stand up and fish.
    * My brother got my mom some shamwows a couple years back as a gag gift. As corny as they are, they actually are pretty nice for fishing

2. mrbucket75

mrbucket75 Registered User

Thats a fucked up story. Poor dog apparently just wanted company and the nearest person was hundreds of yards off shore in a kayak. I wonder if the guy will get the dog after all this?

3. frankjg

frankjg doG

I think the dog was in on it.. smells like a hit to me

4. Hoffman

Hoffman Guess who's back? Hoffman's back

Everybody knows drunk drivers are just agents of the NWO and OWG world population control program...

5. JoeFromS.Jersey

JoeFromS.Jersey Registered User

thermite paint