6 Movie Trends That Must Be Stopped

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
There's 6 of them, but here's an example that reminded me of Jimmy's rant last week about 'Parenthood,' etc.:

Ultra-Masculine Action Star Gets Stuck With Small Child or Children

Who's Doing It Next: In The Game Plan, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson plays Joe Kingman, a successful quarterback who's whole bachelor lifestyle gets turned around when he finds out (gasp) he has a seven-year-old daughter! No professional athlete has ever balanced his career AND a family. This should get pretty wild, folks!

Who Did It Best: Kindergarten Cop. Maybe because it was one of the first of its kind, or maybe it's because Schwarzenegger, with his enormous arms, indecipherable accent and near-constant shouting, is just so naturally frightening that you better believe his little co-stars were crying in between takes. We wouldn't be surprised if some of them still have nightmares about the giant, gibberish-spewing Frankenstein that, for a few months, spent every single day screaming at them.

Who Did It Worst: The Pacifier.

http://www.cracked.com/index.php?name=News&sid=2262

GLENN_THE_TOOL

The reward is cheese.
May 23, 2005
i believe i saw the trailer for The Game Plan along with Transformers, but i'm not sure because of how forgettable the whole movie sounds. what utter hackery. stick to the bodyslams, Dwayne.

Carl Spackler

You want me to kill all the Golfers?
Oct 29, 2004
Bushwood Country Club
Those are some good ones.. I was just thinking about this also when I saw a preview for the new Catherine Zeta Jones Movie where she is a cook.

Formula is Career oriented woman who get stucks with a kid that she is not capable of caring for but in the end makes it worth.. Guess it doesn't have to be a woman with movies like Big Daddy and Jersey Girl..

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
Couldn't agree more with most of those, especially the little kid one, and the black one. Although Trading Places and The Good Son were pretty sweet movies, the rest of that type generally blow cock.

TallBaby

Unregistered User .
Sep 9, 2005
Dallas, TX
I gotta agree with everything in this article.

But he forgot #7.

Childhood memory gets reborn in CGI format, completely lacks plot, depth and originality. But the children love it!

See: Underdog, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, etc

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
Mr. Mom is a classic. The man trying to be the homemaker has only gotten worse with time. Kindergarten Cop is the est of the genre though.

These guys didn't give the nod to How High? That was the worst of the genre for whites meets blacks.

Warfarer

I can't think of anything funny.
Jun 20, 2005
Alabama
I can't believe they had Fatherhood as one of the ultra-masculine actors given kids category. This has Patrick Swayze on it, I certainly wouldn't call Patrick Swayze ultra masculine by any means.