8/9 yr old kids fighting MMA in UK

UCJOE

I have a lot of business with the Chinese
Mar 7, 2009
NJ
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-children-aged-just-8-9.html#ixzz1YbC7zFxL

Parents who encourage their young children to take part in cage fighting contests could be jailed for child cruelty, legal experts warn.

They face sentences of up to six months for allowing a boy or girl of primary school age to take part in the sport – described as ‘barbaric’ by the Culture Secretary.

And a Preston social club which hosted the boys’ fight reported in the Mail yesterday is to be investigated over whether it broke its licence conditions.

The revelations come after a video emerged showing Kian MacKinson, nine, and a boy of eight, whose father has requested he remain anonymous, kicking, shoving and grappling in front of baying adults.

The footage caused outrage among child and medical experts, who called for a police and social services investigation.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
[video=youtube;e4rTB0zhsNs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4rTB0zhsNs[/video]

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
So how many of those 8 year olds do you think you could beat up?

Fustercluck

Jul 25, 2005
FEMA Region 9
You're in an octagon. They open the cage, and in they come continuously.

No weapons. Fists and feet only.
after i kill the first one, can i use their body as a cudgel?

i got a tingly feeling in my spine as i fantasized about killing wave after wave of children, is that wrong?

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
Anything goes. But it's MMA style. No weapons. If you feel you can swing around a 60-70lb baseball bat, feel free.

kramer0419

Mar 5, 2008
Cleveland
Easily 15 kids in one standard MMA round. Avg 20 seconds a kid.

Dec 12, 2007
after i kill the first one, can i use their body as a cudgel?

i got a tingly feeling in my spine as i fantasized about killing wave after wave of children, is that wrong?
It would be wrong if you didn't feel that way

okterrificsk2

Oct 26, 2004
What a bullshit non story. the kids are not "cage fighting" WTF that means. they're grappling. You know like thousands of kids age 5+ do every day in wrestling/ jitz practice and tournaments. But...OH my god they're in a matted cage !!!!!!!!!!!

"OH THE CHILDREN WONT SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN"

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/9/22/2442027/bbc-news-sky-news-irresponsibly-report-cage-fighting-story-nspcc-british-medical-association

"In the last 24 hours news outlets of the BBC and Sky - two of the most watched televised news sources in the United Kingdom - attempted to smear Mixed Martial Arts with a 'Cage Fighting' story about an 8 and 9 year old boy competing in a match at an event held in a labour club in Preston, Lancashire - the home county that formed Catch As Catch Can Wrestling - in front of an audience of 250 adults.

The trouble is it wasn't even a Mixed Martial Arts bout. The two boys competed in an exhibition Submission Grappling match. No strikes were thrown. No slams were landed. No padding or head gear was needed or necessary, much to the outraged contrary of The British Medical Association and a so called impartial press with the BBC video journalist claiming 'Every blow is broadcast on the Internet'. The only headgear used in grappling matches are the type that prevents ....."

"How is this exhibition match different to when children who take up Jiu Jitsu, Judo or Amateur Wrestling compete in front of hundreds of adults like we see at BJJ tournaments or American School district meets? Are children being exploited for the sole entertainment of adults? Of course not. It just happened to take part in a 'Cage'."

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
To be fair, the fact that it was in a bar with alcohol & sexy ring card girls & in a cage is what brought the attention & not the actual "in-ring work" & they did show a kid crying who they made keep fighting
I can see why that upset people & it looked bad but the actual mat wrestling is fine

Dec 12, 2007
To be fair, the fact that it was in a bar with alcohol & sexy ring card girls & in a cage is what brought the attention & not the actual "in-ring work" & they did show a kid crying who they made keep fighting
I can see why that upset people & it looked bad but the actual mat wrestling is fine
No worse then middle school wrestling IMO.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
No worse then middle school wrestling IMO.
No idea how that relates
I can see people being upset, I don't recall middle school holding events in a bar with drunks & the participants crying

Dec 12, 2007
No idea how that relates
I can see people being upset, I don't recall middle school holding events in a bar with drunks & the participants crying
Eh, kids cry. MMA is to new to get schools to work out in and the UK men/women/children live off of alcohol.

I don't see the big deal, hell MMA matches 10 years ago used to be fought in shitholes worse then this.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Eh, kids cry. MMA is to new to get schools to work out in and the UK men/women/children live off of alcohol.

I don't see the big deal, hell MMA matches 10 years ago used to be fought in shitholes worse then this.
Ok so it your middle school comment doesn't relate

Personally its not a big deal to me but I can totally see it upsetting some people
This wasn't a school event but in a bar

Dec 12, 2007
Ok so it your middle school comment doesn't relate
How doesn't it relate? Grappling matches vs grappling matches, its a comparison of kids doing combat sports.

Just because one has a longer tradition and is held in a school and one is held in a bar its still the same end result. Kids competeing in a grappling match.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
How doesn't it relate? Grappling matches vs grappling matches, its a comparison of kids doing combat sports.

Just because one has a longer tradition and is held in a school and one is held in a bar its still the same end result. Kids competeing in a grappling match.
You missed the point - no big deal

kramer0419

Mar 5, 2008
Cleveland
No, no. They open the cage door, and it's a continuous stream. There's none of this 20 seconds and another one comes in shit. As fast as they can come in, they come.
Yeah yeah I know. That's why I said average 20 seconds a kid. Some might take 10 some might take 40 some just a cpl seconds.