OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

8 Years on Satellite Radio

Discussion in 'Classic Opie & Anthony General Discussion' started by Big Dick Mcgee, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Big Dick Mcgee

Big Dick Mcgee Registered User

Happy 8 year anniversary boys.

2. Ballbuster1

Ballbuster1 In The Danger Zone...
    Wackbag Staff

Hard to believe it's been that long.

Congrats to O&A and the rest of the staff.

3. d0uche_n0zzle

d0uche_n0zzle **Negative_Creep**

Its been seven years....

4. JoeyDVDZ

JoeyDVDZ That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!

I remember hearing EoG for the first time in 2 years that morning. Got goosebumps up & down my arms. Congrats on breaking your getting fired streak, boys! :)

Almost didn't make it there a few times though...

5. Bobobie

Bobobie Registered User

Wow. It's been about that long since I bought an XM radio.

6. Reaper G

Reaper G POW# 126

Been there from Day One, and still there. And I'm glad to say, the XM boom box I bought so I could listen to them still works (it's 3-4 portables that I've gone through so far).

7. kloraferm

kloraferm Humor is reason gone mad

Hard to believe it's been that long!

8. Ballbuster1

Ballbuster1 In The Danger Zone...
    Wackbag Staff

Still using the original Roady I bought when
    they did the promo tour in Sept that year.
    Little fucker still kicks ass.

9. THE FEZ MAN

THE FEZ MAN as a matter of fact i dont have 5$

i will bring down the mood..... my dad died the year they came back on the air, i missed the first 3 months of shows because i got a myfi for xmass that year (yes the one that i shot) then my dad died in january 2005, so for me its bitter sweet, 8 years for hearing ona and 8 years since the old man kicked the bucket.

10. gleet

gleet What's black and white and red all over?

I got an XM Roady, they wanted me to pay $2 a month to get two guys I had never heard of, and I passed. Then they had a free week of O&A and Ant was doing a Ted Kennedy impression and not being at all kind to Ted. I called up XM and started my $2 month fee right away.

That Roady would broadcast close to a quarter mile. A friend tuned to my frequency and we drove down the highway and he could hear plain as day in his vehicle. When it was on in the house, I started picking it up far away as I got close. I imagine more than a few people wondered what the hell they were hearing when they tuned it in by mistake.

Roady still works, but I got a MyFi. It died and I have an XMAMP now. It records which is nice.

11. KyleDriver

KyleDriver Registered User

April 16, 2007. From then on in I was hooked. I went from Mancow, Turd and phony phone calls and fake stunts to Jim Norton, Patrice O' Neal, Louis CK, Billy Burr etc.

The Saturday Night Virus sealed the deal for me.

12. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

I had XM when they were still WNEW, and listened to them on YSP but didn't get back into the show until early 2005.

13. THE FEZ MAN

THE FEZ MAN as a matter of fact i dont have 5$

Yea forgot to mention the ysp days. I was waiting to see who they siigned with before I made the leap

14. ruckstande

ruckstande Posts mostly from the shitter.

I remember turning on YSP and wonder what happened to the music. I was pissed and remember hearing people calling and bitching these guys were on the radio. I was pissed too but then fell in love with the show in a week.

15. ironman25dc

ironman25dc A Smug Cunt Who Loves The Cock

Still remember sitting in my office in DC listening to the first XM show; while in retrospect it wasn't the greatest, I was just so happy to be hearing the guys again that it became part of my day again and has been ever since.

I'll also never forget living in San Francisco as a native New Yorker, 3000 miles away from family and friend's and after countless phone calls and hours and hours watching the news on a treadmill circa noon Pacific time when I heard the show on September 11 2001 it was so helpful to get information from callers in the city and most importantly gain a sense of security/we'll get through this, something my countless are you ok calls to family/friend's and hours of news watching had not yet done. I can't thank them enough for that

Ballbuster1 likes this.
  16. CTOAFan

CTOAFan Registered User

I never listened pre-XM. I got XM for the baseball and a friend told me about O and A and I have listened since

17. stevethrower

stevethrower Got Sig?

My chick still has her original roady... I'm on my third airware... As it still has the half ass fm transmiter that reaches most of the house.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

18. gleet

gleet What's black and white and red all over?

With my original Roady, I was in a far off town and had a little static, but didn't bother tuning to a different frequency. I went in to a little store and heard O&A on the store radio, playing Guess the Perversion, where they showed a sexual offender and tried to guess his crimes. Everyone was looking at the speakers trying to figure out what the fuck they were hearing. I slinked out and drove off.

19. gator1010

gator1010 Registered User

Im only 3 years in but i hope they do another 8. So pissed i missed out on this shit b4.

20. f kane

f kane Known Traffic Menace

Satellite Radio is still uncensored, isn't it?

21. jnoble

jnoble Lingering longer for a longering linger

I finally got my XM radio in late November 2005 and was so happy to finally be able to listen to the boys for the first time since they got fired from NEW in 2002 that I was literally giddy. I think the first show I heard was around Thanksgiving and they were making fun of Alice's Resturant song/talky thing.

22. vice86

vice86 How do I look, Denny?

it feels like yesterday that I read the boys were coming to XM. Fucking time flies. Was only 32.

23. oldmandick

oldmandick My Button is Bigger Than Your Button!
    Donator

An early 2005 Christmas present ... a SkiFi2 so I could hear Imus on MSNBC's feed on my commute to the east ... led me to the show. I didn't do my homework; XM didn't run the simulcast. Years before O&A and Ron & Fez syndicated and were on a DC station, so their reputation was already there for me and when I figured out that for another $2 I could hear something unique I jumped at it. Wasn't too long after that that I was sold ... when I heard the first eggnog challenge on the afternoon replay on the drive home.

My how times have changed.

24. Bobobie

Bobobie Registered User

I dropped my original SkyFi radio on the street while exiting my truck three years ago. The replacement was stolen a few months later. Cancelled and bought an online subscription.

25. TurboDan

TurboDan It's the bitches that'll gitchyiz...

It's crazy to think how long it's been. The first time I heard O&A was on WNEW (which BARELY came in in Ocean County, NJ where I live) on the school bus on the way home my freshman year of high school. I associate a lot of things with various shows. I got my driver's license the day of one of the 55 Gallon Drum challenges, for example. Then they went off the air and I was in college when they came back. Went to their big announcement in NYC (drove the 2 1/2 hours) at the Hard Rock, got my radio, and probably have never missed a show since.

Some of the best memories were listening to their shows in the summer, sitting on the beach listening to them on WYSP when they got syndicated (it came in better than 'NEW). Good times.

fulldevilsoccer likes this.