8 Years on Satellite Radio

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
I remember hearing EoG for the first time in 2 years that morning. Got goosebumps up & down my arms. Congrats on breaking your getting fired streak, boys! :)

Almost didn't make it there a few times though...

Oct 4, 2004
Las Vegas
Been there from Day One, and still there. And I'm glad to say, the XM boom box I bought so I could listen to them still works (it's 3-4 portables that I've gone through so far).

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Been there from Day One, and still there. And I'm glad to say, the XM boom box I bought so I could listen to them still works (it's 3-4 portables that I've gone through so far).
Still using the original Roady I bought when
they did the promo tour in Sept that year.
Little fucker still kicks ass.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i will bring down the mood..... my dad died the year they came back on the air, i missed the first 3 months of shows because i got a myfi for xmass that year (yes the one that i shot) then my dad died in january 2005, so for me its bitter sweet, 8 years for hearing ona and 8 years since the old man kicked the bucket.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
I got an XM Roady, they wanted me to pay $2 a month to get two guys I had never heard of, and I passed. Then they had a free week of O&A and Ant was doing a Ted Kennedy impression and not being at all kind to Ted. I called up XM and started my $2 month fee right away.

That Roady would broadcast close to a quarter mile. A friend tuned to my frequency and we drove down the highway and he could hear plain as day in his vehicle. When it was on in the house, I started picking it up far away as I got close. I imagine more than a few people wondered what the hell they were hearing when they tuned it in by mistake.

Roady still works, but I got a MyFi. It died and I have an XMAMP now. It records which is nice.

KyleDriver

Aug 17, 2012
April 16, 2007. From then on in I was hooked. I went from Mancow, Turd and phony phone calls and fake stunts to Jim Norton, Patrice O' Neal, Louis CK, Billy Burr etc.

The Saturday Night Virus sealed the deal for me.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I had XM when they were still WNEW, and listened to them on YSP but didn't get back into the show until early 2005.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
Yea forgot to mention the ysp days. I was waiting to see who they siigned with before I made the leap

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
Yea forgot to mention the ysp days. I was waiting to see who they siigned with before I made the leap
I remember turning on YSP and wonder what happened to the music. I was pissed and remember hearing people calling and bitching these guys were on the radio. I was pissed too but then fell in love with the show in a week.

ironman25dc

A Smug Cunt Who Loves The Cock
Jun 1, 2004
Chicago, IL
Still remember sitting in my office in DC listening to the first XM show; while in retrospect it wasn't the greatest, I was just so happy to be hearing the guys again that it became part of my day again and has been ever since.

I'll also never forget living in San Francisco as a native New Yorker, 3000 miles away from family and friend's and after countless phone calls and hours and hours watching the news on a treadmill circa noon Pacific time when I heard the show on September 11 2001 it was so helpful to get information from callers in the city and most importantly gain a sense of security/we'll get through this, something my countless are you ok calls to family/friend's and hours of news watching had not yet done. I can't thank them enough for that

CTOAFan

Apr 22, 2005
CT
I never listened pre-XM. I got XM for the baseball and a friend told me about O and A and I have listened since

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Still using the original Roady I bought when
they did the promo tour in Sept that year.
Little fucker still kicks ass.
My chick still has her original roady... I'm on my third airware... As it still has the half ass fm transmiter that reaches most of the house.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
With my original Roady, I was in a far off town and had a little static, but didn't bother tuning to a different frequency. I went in to a little store and heard O&A on the store radio, playing Guess the Perversion, where they showed a sexual offender and tried to guess his crimes. Everyone was looking at the speakers trying to figure out what the fuck they were hearing. I slinked out and drove off.

gator1010

Oct 13, 2011
Florida
Im only 3 years in but i hope they do another 8. So pissed i missed out on this shit b4.

f kane

Known Traffic Menace
Feb 10, 2010
Satellite Radio is still uncensored, isn't it?

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
I finally got my XM radio in late November 2005 and was so happy to finally be able to listen to the boys for the first time since they got fired from NEW in 2002 that I was literally giddy. I think the first show I heard was around Thanksgiving and they were making fun of Alice's Resturant song/talky thing.

vice86

How do I look, Denny?
Nov 22, 2004
NYC/PA
it feels like yesterday that I read the boys were coming to XM. Fucking time flies. Was only 32.

oldmandick

Back In Black!!
Donator
Jan 15, 2005
Goa Way
An early 2005 Christmas present ... a SkiFi2 so I could hear Imus on MSNBC's feed on my commute to the east ... led me to the show. I didn't do my homework; XM didn't run the simulcast. Years before O&A and Ron & Fez syndicated and were on a DC station, so their reputation was already there for me and when I figured out that for another $2 I could hear something unique I jumped at it. Wasn't too long after that that I was sold ... when I heard the first eggnog challenge on the afternoon replay on the drive home.

My how times have changed.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
I dropped my original SkyFi radio on the street while exiting my truck three years ago. The replacement was stolen a few months later. Cancelled and bought an online subscription.

TurboDan

It's the bitches that'll gitchyiz...
Oct 31, 2002
Ocean County, NJ
It's crazy to think how long it's been. The first time I heard O&A was on WNEW (which BARELY came in in Ocean County, NJ where I live) on the school bus on the way home my freshman year of high school. I associate a lot of things with various shows. I got my driver's license the day of one of the 55 Gallon Drum challenges, for example. Then they went off the air and I was in college when they came back. Went to their big announcement in NYC (drove the 2 1/2 hours) at the Hard Rock, got my radio, and probably have never missed a show since.

Some of the best memories were listening to their shows in the summer, sitting on the beach listening to them on WYSP when they got syndicated (it came in better than 'NEW). Good times.