A Conversation with Writer Brian K. Vaughan

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Hell,California
thought some here might enjoy this
Story
excerpt:
Last Wednesday the final issue of the comic book Y: The Last Man came out. Issue 60 capped five years of the adventures of Yorrick Brown, last man on Earth after a mysterious plague kills everything else with a Y chromosome. Yorrick and his companions, scientist Allison Mann, secret agent 355, and Ampersand the monkey, traveled all over the world looking for Yorrick’s missing fiancée and for the secret to the plague. You can buy back issues collected on Amazon or at comic stores; I won’t sell you mine; I like ‘em too much.
The writer, Brian K. Vaughan—along with artist Pia Guerra and a bunch of other artists and inkers—created a moving, coherent world from this pulpy framework. Y had sex, violence, action, comedy, and sadness, but it also stands as a careful, thoughtful examination of feminism, sexism, loyalty, maturity, and love. What can I say? This is some smart, tasty fiction, and I’m sorry I won’t have new issues to read every month.

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
Movie adaptation

The film rights to the series have been acquired by New Line Cinema, and as of July 24, 2007 screenwriter Carl Ellsworth and director D. J. Caruso, the team behind Disturbia, are attached to the project with David S. Goyer as a producer.

Caruso intends on finishing the script in the summer and filming during the fall of 2008, assuming the writer's strike is finished by then.

Caruso claims that the source material was too much to be told in one movie and they decided to concentrate on the best first movie they can, which would end somewhere around issue 14 of the comic series. The entire comic series as a whole would be plotted into three movies.Rumors have been circulating that actor Shia Labeouf will play the role of Yorick. Caruso and Labeouf have worked together in both the films Disturbia and Eagle Eye(2008).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y:_The_Last_Man