A Fantastic Fear of Everything Simon Pegg

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
Hmmmm...maybe...possibly...looks interesting...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
Saw the trailer a few days ago. I'm in. I'll watch anything with Simon Pegg in it.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
Looks like it could be a fun flick.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Was Paul any good? I am very cautious when it comes to things that are sold as being for geeks. If a marketing person thinks geeks will like it, chances are they won't. *ahem* Big Bang Theory *ahem*

I still haven't seen Spaced yet, though, and that supposedly has a ton of legit geek cred.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
Looks bizarre. I'd wait for DVD. I always picture Simon Peg and Eddie Izzard in the lead roles of a movie version of Anansi Boys.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Was Paul any good? I am very cautious when it comes to things that are sold as being for geeks. If a marketing person thinks geeks will like it, chances are they won't. *ahem* Big Bang Theory *ahem*

I still haven't seen Spaced yet, though, and that supposedly has a ton of legit geek cred.
Paul was worth seeing I guess, but I found it a little boring. Then again I was drinking a little at the time, which makes me somewhat antsy.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Looks bizarre. I'd wait for DVD. I always picture Simon Peg and Eddie Izzard in the lead roles of a movie version of Anansi Boys.
I like the sound of that. Why the fuck isn't that or American Gods being made into a movie already?

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
Yes. If you liked Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, you'll like it. Probably not on par with those two but still worth watching. It was written by Frost and Pegg so it has the same sensibility. Kristen Wiig's bit gets a little tired by the end.

Watch it. Soon. Have you at least seen Pegg's character ranting about The Phantom Menace?

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Yes. If you liked Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, you'll like it. Probably not on par with those two but still worth watching. It was written by Frost and Pegg so it has the same sensibility. Kristen Wiig's bit gets a little tired by the end.

Watch it. Soon. Have you at least seen Pegg's character ranting about The Phantom Menace?
Ok. Spaced more urgent than Paul, apparently. Noted. :)

Maybe the reception of Stardust was too disappointing. I loved that movie by the way.
But those two are so different. Stardust is a pretty atypical Geiman novel. And yes, I loved it as well. I was completely surprised when people hated it. Robert DeNiro plays a flaming homosexual in it, and he's terrific!

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
I like the sound of that. Why the fuck isn't that or American Gods being made into a movie already?
Yes!!!!!! I saw that there was a Nevewhere miniseries from the BBC..I may have to buy it on Amazon. FOR the love of GOD where is the GOOD OMENS Movie??????????
Loved Stardust by the way. DeNiro was hilarious.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Haven't read Good Omens, but there's a Neverwhere miniseries? I gotta look that up.

EDIT: It's from 1996?!?! Wow.

EDIT 2: The miniseries came first?!?!?! When the hell did this happen???

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
FOR the love of GOD where is the GOOD OMENS Movie??????????
I think a Good Omens movie would be a major disappointment, for the same reason the H2G2 movie didn't work. Too much of the humor is in the narration and internal monologue, which won't translate to the screen. Also, a few too many elements of the book are now dated.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
I think a Good Omens movie would be a major disappointment, for the same reason the H2G2 movie didn't work. Too much of the humor is in the narration and internal monologue, which won't translate to the screen. Also, a few too many elements of the book are now dated.
Good Omens was the one about the Messiah and Anti Christ right along with the hilarity that ensues trying to find them?