A Formal Apology to friends of Rich.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
There was an incident in one of the many fan rooms today, and if you were participating in said room, I'm probably talking to you. So keep reading.

First I'd like to say that no, I didn't know Rich. Not only did I never have a conversation with him, I was also completely unaware of his existence. This is why I have no emotional attachment whatsoever to the whole Rich situation. But you all did know him, even in real life, and that is why what was said crossed the line.

I've always tried to stay out of the Paltalk lifestyle. Sure, it's fun to get smashed and log on for some back-and-forth trashing as well as people-watching, but as far as the high school mentality and the drama that goes on 24/7, I never really got into it. I saw it as immature as well as confusing.

What I did today was everything I am against. I crossed the line, purposefully, in order to get a reaction, start drama, and of course, be a complete attention whore. The malicious comment was made only for the purpose of hurting people's feelings, so that the conversation could come to a halt and so that I could have the last word. After I left the room, my pride turned into guilt and shame, and suddenly I realized that these are in fact real people in the room, and that they might actually have a serious issue with what I said. It is clear that this is not one of the usual cliquey paltalk "problems." I came back to attempt an apology, and was rightfully booted.

I stepped down to a level I told myself I would never go. It won't happen again. I'm sorry for any discomfort I might have caused anyone. My 5 minutes as Dougout Doug are over, and I'm going back to being the pretentious douche who doesn't pay attention to the bullshit.

Ronreddog

Unofficial O&A Twitter Tough Guy
[opie voice] No, you didn't! [/opie voice]

Shooter, you know better then to go to another room, Babygirl's room is your home, and you missed a very fun evening in there!

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
I lol'd, SZ

And ron, there were only a few people in there this morning, which is why I chose to go to the Opie room. I guess it's like the dark side, you go in there and you get sucked into the drama. Staying out now.

Ronreddog

Oh, I thought it happened last night. It's cool man, I did not know the man either, and it is a very sad thing that happened.

You can no longer be a Kool Aid kid, sorry!

jackjack

I haven't used Paltalk, and I've got a question for those familiar with it. Can it be used to just watch the show? Without being part of any of the fan clubs that exist?

Ronreddog

I haven't used Paltalk, and I've got a question for those familiar with it. Can it be used to just watch the show? Without being part of any of the fan clubs that exist?
Off topic, but, to answer your question, yes. You would need to pay for a membership to Paltalk, but, you could see the studio cameras during the live show, in the Opie and Anthony Live room.

jackjack

Thanks.. Sorry about the off-topic, but it seemed like the place where someone would definitely know the answer.

patti

opant: shut up patti
THANK YOU shooter for realizing your mistake & being a man about it. Rich is & will always, ALWAYS, be loved on pal in the fan room. many people knew him, including me, & were really good friends with him.

Razor Roman

MJMandalayForPresident2024
Shooter went into the Opie fan room, and from what I gathered, they were mean, Shooter lost his temper and said something about Rich to them. I didn't know Rich and I didn't hear what Shooter said. All I can say is that I know Shooter, and I don't think he would have gone there without being provoked. Some very close friends of mine LOVED Rich so I won't say Shooter was right per se, but like Chris Rock "I undastand". I've hear people say horrific things about friends of mine and I've heard friends of mine say pretty fucked up shit about other people, so this wasn't too out of the ordinary. Only difference is Rich isn't around to decide if he wants to defend himself or not. Shooter did the right thing by apologizing, and should just move on from here... there's no sense in dwelling on it. The people hat are going to use it against him would have found something else to bitch about anyway.

Rich W.

Roman...you're my goomba...that is not how it happened.

I *was* in the room...no one was being mean to Shooter (he has admitted this in his apology)...he came in insulting people...me included...I was the main one who spanked him down.

This is how bullshit drama starts... You can't blame any of the regulars from that room for this phony messageboard drama. I like Shooter...but his goal when he came into that room was to get bounced so he could come onto the messageboards and create drama...and go back to the Babygirl room and be a hero... This helps *NO ONE*...especially Marissa

Sevenyars

I own a Beanie cup, bought it off of ebay
Rich was also a wackbagger. he was the Soliplist. He was a sweet guy and a fan boy. When the paltalk craze started some of the cool people would kick fans out of the rooms. So rich made the opie and anthony fan room for "all" fans if you had your name mentioned on the show or not. The only people he was ever rough on was anyone who disrespected any woman who was in the fan room. he was a true gentleman. he was a very young guy and passed several years ago. I have noticed that the paltalk room he created is almost gone now. That is sad.

Razor Roman

MJMandalayForPresident2024
Roman...you're my goomba...that is not how it happened.

I *was* in the room...no one was being mean to Shooter (he has admitted this in his apology)...he came in insulting people...me included...I was the main one who spanked him down.

This is how bullshit drama starts... You can't blame any of the regulars from that room for this phony messageboard drama. I like Shooter...but his goal when he came into that room was to get bounced so he could come onto the messageboards and create drama...and go back to the Babygirl room and be a hero... This helps *NO ONE*...especially Marissa
If that's how it happened, then yes, Shooter was 110% wrong. Basically thats exactly what we complain about people doing here on the board. Showing up, starting shit, and getting banned just for the purposes of saying "Wackbag is evil they censor.."

I hope you were high, Shooter! Either way, glad you took it like a man.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
All I can say is that I know Shooter, and I don't think he would have gone there without being provoked.
I wasnt there and nor do I care about this shit but are you fuckign nuts?

You're telling me that someone who says things for attention needs a reason TO SAY THINGS TO GET ATTENTION?!?

Roman, you drunk?

Status
Not open for further replies.