A "Holy Grail" Of Healing

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
A "Holy Grail" Of Healing
(CBS) A new generation of researchers is changing the way we heal, one cell at a time. This is the second in a CBS News series on the innovative field of regenerative medicine.

You might become a believer in the power of magic dust, when you see how a special powder re-grew the tip of Lee Spievack's finger.

He sliced off a half inch of his finger in the propeller of a hobby shop airplane. His finger never even formed a scar.

"Your finger grew back flesh, blood, vessels and nail?" CBS News correspondent Wyatt Andrews reports.

"Four weeks," Spievak said.

Is this essentially what re-grew Spievak's finger.

This powder is a medical product called extracellular matrix. Made from pig bladders, it is a mix of protein and connective tissue surgeons often use to repair tendons.

But it's the matrix's unusual power to regenerate tissue that's helping launch a new field: regenerative medicine.

"It tells the body, start that process of tissue re-growth," said Dr. Stephen Badalyk of the University of Pittsburgh Center for Regenerative Medicine.

Badalyk believes the matrix somehow mobilizes cells, some of them adult stem cells whose job it is to maintain and repair injured tissue.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/02/07/eveningnews/main3805318.shtml

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
A) I thought it came from the bark of a tree.

B) I thought it was a carpenter's cup, not a farmer's cup.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I wanna get that powder and stick my cock in it.

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
Thanks, but I'll stick to using colloidal silver.