a mesage from Doug Stanhope

theo

Mar 9, 2005
Doug Stanhope posted this on Myspace...., do your part.

Now - maybe due to the wine - this shit is making me crazy. I fucking hate people who blog shit like this but these are special circumstances. If I lose friends over it, I completely understand. Call me a waffle-marked cunt and I'll agree. After this, it will never happen again.

I've been doing something I never do by helping Brendon Walsh in one of these stupid internet contests. Now he's a few days away from winning 10,000 dollars only he's up against a guy with all the Myspace friends and none of the funny. I fucking hate marketers posing as artists. It cheapens entertainment which in turn cheapens life.

Walsh is one of the funniest people I know anywhere. and he doesn't sit around all day hounding random people to be his Myspace friend. Plus he's out of his mind, out of his apartment and could use this to get off of Fucked Street.

You are pouring Bushmill's down your head and wondering if that's an ingrown hair or something far worse while clicking refresh on your inbox. You have a minute to spare.

Go to

www.famecast.com - go to Stage 6/Comedy and vote for Brendon Walsh.

Kill shitty comedy.

The karma you reap will keep you out of a police line-up.

Yes, I know this seems gross but I couldn't take some half-wit stealing this 10 Grand at the same time as another season of Last Comic Standing without losing my will to ever go on stage again.

Let's get a drink, shall we?

H

HalfdogHalfdeer

For the love of Opie...

Thanks for posting that, Theo.

Walsh is a good friend, and an incredible comic. Remember how you felt when Dat Phan won LCS, as Vos and the rest of us sat at home wondering how ot a;; went so terribly wrong? It's one of those type situations. Walsh is funny. The other finalist leave you scratching your head how they even made it this far.

You have to register to vote, but it's free. They don't even spam you.

dodisman

Feb 20, 2005
scratch that...his set sucked donkey dick...

notmikeh

don't get any cucks on your wee
Jun 8, 2006
stanhope was fucking awesome on showtime. his set started a little slow for me but by the end I was dieing. his joke on abortion is priceless

C

chrismcdevitt

Obvious alert:

Walsh won.

BuddhaLotus

Aug 19, 2005
I hate to start any kinda fucking shit..

and Its hard for me to write this cos Stanhope is my god and hero

.. but on his Shotime special.. and his DVD that I got today...he dosnet thank O&A in the credits.. but he does that fag Stern..

Goober

AKA Eqyptian Teabag the Friendly Arab
Sep 1, 2005
Washington, D.C.
I hate to start any kinda fucking shit..

and Its hard for me to write this cos Stanhope is my god and hero

.. but on his Shotime special.. and his DVD that I got today...he dosnet thank O&A in the credits.. but he does that fag Stern..
Stern did a lot for his career and gave him national exposure. You have to remember, that he reached a shit load of people in the 90's while O&A were in their infancy.

sinAtra

not safe for werk
Dec 19, 2005
bum-fuck northwest
on the other hand his last cd he gives a shout out to both o n a & stern during his set
Point taken. Hate him for his mistake. Read the quote above about Stern if ya want. Then consider that he's drank and snorted and ingested his memory away.

No kudo for O and A? I am more surprised at this point that Stanhope's not confined to a wheelchair and/or straightjacket.

After I bought the special and watched it, I forgave him.

Since when do comics bring with them to the stage some real live funny?

Aug 11, 2005
ok doug seemed a lil fucked up on that rant

Captain_Spaulding

MMA > NFL, NBA, MLB, etc...
Dec 18, 2004
Durango, CO
Doug Stanhope posted this on Myspace...., do your part.

Now - maybe due to the wine - this shit is making me crazy. I fucking hate people who blog shit like this but these are special circumstances. If I lose friends over it, I completely understand. Call me a waffle-marked cunt and I'll agree. After this, it will never happen again.

I've been doing something I never do by helping Brendon Walsh in one of these stupid internet contests. Now he's a few days away from winning 10,000 dollars only he's up against a guy with all the Myspace friends and none of the funny. I fucking hate marketers posing as artists. It cheapens entertainment which in turn cheapens life.

Walsh is one of the funniest people I know anywhere. and he doesn't sit around all day hounding random people to be his Myspace friend. Plus he's out of his mind, out of his apartment and could use this to get off of Fucked Street.

You are pouring Bushmill's down your head and wondering if that's an ingrown hair or something far worse while clicking refresh on your inbox. You have a minute to spare.

Go to

www.famecast.com - go to Stage 6/Comedy and vote for Brendon Walsh.

Kill shitty comedy.

The karma you reap will keep you out of a police line-up.

Yes, I know this seems gross but I couldn't take some half-wit stealing this 10 Grand at the same time as another season of Last Comic Standing without losing my will to ever go on stage again.

Let's get a drink, shall we?
Fuck I love Stanhope. I just so happened to read this while half cocked on Bushmills. Looks like voting is in my future...although this contest in in the past.

Ari Shaffir

Dec 4, 2006
Hollywood
I've only seen Brendan Walsh once, but he made me laugh. I thought he was funny. And I don't like A LOT more than I do like.