A minor complaint. The XM bumper/fill bits

Chapel

Complete dickhead
Oct 4, 2004
Boston
Now, I'm a 'rabid' listener... So I listen to every minute of every show... every day. If I miss a show, I find a way to get it to make sure I didn't miss anything, so this might be a complaint ONLY for us.

The XM bumpers during the FM portions (the pre-recorded bits that give us just that little bit more of the boys between FM commercials) have recently turned into 'Yesterday' and 'Last Week' and 'Earlier this week'

Which is GREAT for people that missed parts of shows... but for me... it's just a repeat of something I JUST heard. Lucky for me, I have an Inno and I just skip it. But I do wish they'd play more... 'old bits' to fill... old WNEW bits to really showcase the difference in radio in the past 10 years.

Again, a minor complaint. I don't mind it once in a while, but lately it seems to be for every one of the six FM breaks.

Just wondering if this bothered anyone else or if I was just some acehole.

UsedLadBag

Your moms box.
Feb 4, 2005
Boston
better then commercials. In before the lock.

edzeppe

Dec 11, 2004
im a huge fan of the "in case you missed it" FM breaks.

zerofischer

a reading from the book of Bennington
Nov 18, 2002
philadelphia
if it was so minor did it really need its own thread?

wigsnatcher

usually confused
May 11, 2007
Nashville
nit-picky, anything is better than commercials. but there are so many great classic bits to pick from.

aahpandasrun

No longer endangered
Oct 18, 2006
Farmingdale, NY
I agree, but remember: People like us who listen everyday are a small minority. For people who are more casual listeners, it's nice to be able to catch up on great bits that you might have missed. It's also nice since sites like spreadtheonavirus only really have bits from wnew and early xm

Wally1985

Lil' Jimmy Makes Me LOL
Mar 14, 2005
Stand Up, Sit Down

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
as long as i get to hear the boys i'm happy. i'm sure 5 minutes a day is something you can handle. and re-listening to jimmy's rant about shoeing an invalid almost made me tinkle :)

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
What are you, are Hoo Hoo fan? I mean jeeeez....

IBTL

Hoagie

I suggest you tread lightly
Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
The XM bumpers during the FM portions (the pre-recorded bits that give us just that little bit more of the boys between FM commercials) have recently turned into 'Yesterday' and 'Last Week' and 'Earlier this week'

Which is GREAT for people that missed parts of shows
That's the whole point to them. They are programmed with the fact that 95% of the listeners don't hear the entire show in mind.

bayzbol44

Apr 25, 2005
Chi-Town
Complaining that they are playing a "best of" vs. a "Tell'em about the discount Harry!" commercial???

DCBlueMeanie

Mar 9, 2005
Anything that keeps me from hearing the nonstop credit scams and the fucking "tell them about the discount" cunt, I'm all for, I don't care if I heard it ten minutes earlier.

disgustip8ed

Jun 20, 2001
CT
There good if you miss shows. It seems they at least try to tie it in to a segment that they just talked about or a segment they are going into.

Personally, I listen to them and then turn it to a music channel.
If I have to hear that goddamn awning commercial (tell 'em about the discount, Harry!!!) or another "Hot Rod" commercial I'm gonna punch my dog.

UsedLadBag

Your moms box.
Feb 4, 2005
Boston
I will not see Hot Rod because of that fucking commercial. It took me forever to figure out what movie it was promoting: Mr. Annoucer says "Hot Rod" at the same time I hear "Thunderstruck" from the AC/DC bed, and for the longest time I heard "Butt Rock" -and it annoyed the shit out of me.

Just thought I'd share.

King Jumungus

C*NT... The only thing missing is you.
Dec 20, 2005
Charleston, SC
Anything is better than having to hear Jim Blasingame and his fucking "write this on a rock." Fuck you, Jim Blasingame. Your mothers a cunt. write that on a rock.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
They don't bother me.
The 'tell them about the discount' cunt and Jim Blasingame are something else entirely though

Bill

Aug 11, 2004
Huntington Station
I'd much rather hear the "replay" bits than the stupid promos advertising events that have already taken place. How long do they plan on promoting the "Hot Rod" and "What the Hell is That" contests as "coming soon"?

Oct 16, 2002
N.J.
Complaining that they are playing a "best of" vs. a "Tell'em about the discount Harry!" commercial???
Anything that keeps me from hearing the nonstop credit scams and the fucking "tell them about the discount" cunt, I'm all for, I don't care if I heard it ten minutes earlier.
There good if you miss shows. It seems they at least try to tie it in to a segment that they just talked about or a segment they are going into.

Personally, I listen to them and then turn it to a music channel.
If I have to hear that goddamn awning commercial (tell 'em about the discount, Harry!!!) or another "Hot Rod" commercial I'm gonna punch my dog.
They don't bother me.
The 'tell them about the discount' cunt and Jim Blasingame are something else entirely though
x2. I like the short bits they play but hate the "tell them about the dis-cunt harry" commercial. ugggh

jsc315

AnalCunt
Dec 8, 2004
Evergreen Park,IL
then go listen to a song or go jerk off. I'm sure there something you can do for about 5 min or so to pass the time.

Hydrosludge

We can do it comrade
Apr 25, 2005
Now, I'm a 'rabid' listener...
If you do not live a syndicated area, I will gladly send you a raw recording of YSP commercials and all. You will love the fillers.

I Listen to WYSP in the house and car though. I am still holding out on the sub I used for those.