a Paltalk poll

Paltalk, video and OnA. What do you have and think?

• Paltalk and Video are more gooder. Screw you queer.

Votes: 30 27.5%
  • Fuck Paltalk, but live Video is great.

Votes: 35 32.1%
  • Screw Paltalk, Screw Video. OnA all the way.

Votes: 25 22.9%
  • I have a paid Paltalk memebership

Votes: 29 26.6%
  • I do not have paid Paltalk membership

Votes: 33 30.3%
  • I am unable to form opinions of my own and usually wait till a poll trend has appeared to vote

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I guess Xenu needed a scumbag

Votes: 5 4.6%

• Total voters

fuckwit

He loves you, and he needs money.
Jul 27, 2006
im grumpy and old and the future scares me.

i liked it better when we just listened to the radio, and occasionally had the need to see pictures of something that went on in studio. the show keeps moving more and more towards paltalk and video conferencing. if thats the way they are going to be ill have to change the way i listen and try to catch the show live. my normal routine is the listen to the full show while i work(i dont work in front of my computer). ive been listening to them since wnew while i work and liked it as a radio show only. but i like them enough to stick through a change. so i may be forced into paltalk if they are going to focus on it more.

my gripe is i dont have paltalk and dont feel like paying for it . and ive tried it out for free to see what the big deal is. i think its fucking awful. its like an AOL chat room with video. i like the fans of OnA especially the people who post on the message boards. and usually like hearing what they have to say. but not the people on paltalk. and after seeing for myself i can not understand how they are ever able to distract the show (except for the tits).
from my limited exposure paltalk seems like its just full of a bunch of internet addicts similar to everquest who are just hooked on paltalk. not OnA. and they just hang out in the OnA room during those hours because its become the popular room at that time of day. i could easily have judged it wrong and if i did im sure ill be corrected.

if the show is this into video cant they make their own program? like an xm version of paltalk? only available to subscribers of xm or something.

poll and flaming to ensue shortly

poll is set to private to protect the cowardly

niklbag

Hooked on chronic worked for me!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
"bunch of internet addicts similar to everquest who are just hooked on paltalk. not OnA."

typical to cool for the room comment. but we do our best to keep it only o&a fans. If you think we are losers then i would suggest you dont get paltalk and leave us to enjoy hours upon hours of hilarity. i think its worth every penny.

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
i'm not usually awake for the live show
no reason for me to get paltalk
i don't really care if they talk about it
if it gives them something to riff on
whatever they need to do is fine by me

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
"bunch of internet addicts similar to everquest who are just hooked on paltalk. not OnA."

typical to cool for the room comment. but we do our best to keep it only o&a fans. If you think we are losers then i would suggest you dont get paltalk and leave us to enjoy hours upon hours of hilarity. i think its worth every penny.
here's the thing - not everyone can use paltalk during the time the show is airing live. I finally invested in a wireless card so I can listen on my laptop while I'm working, but before that I was listening to the replay. Even now, there's no way I could put the cam on during the day, so the stuff that gets played to the PalTalk room is lost on me, and others like me. So, you can't really say that we're totally wrong or that we don't want to pony up the money to pay for it. But like Maz said, it works for them so why fight it? Or words to that effect

As for being too cool for the room...that's another story in itself. It seems that unless you're part of the "in crowd", you're not cool enough to be in the room I don't know about during the day because as I said, I can't turn it on here, but at night? I've given up going in.

Just my 2 cents for what it's worth

martianvirus

READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!
Nov 20, 2005
I voted for all of these:

Paltalk and Video are more gooder. Screw you queer.
Fuck Paltalk, but live Video is great.
Screw Paltalk, Screw Video. OnA all the way.
I have a paid Paltalk memebership.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I don't know how anyone can insult Paltalk.

No, seriously, do you really want to hear another 40 minute rant about how we're jealous of the Paltalk people since we're not awesome enough for webcams?

here's the thing - not everyone can use paltalk during the time the show is airing live.
Yeah, unfortunately some of us actually have jobs.

niklbag

Apr 22, 2004
no problem with the idea, but using a free alternative such as http://www.stickam.com would be more gooder.
paltalk is better. the only bad part about paltalk is the minute you get it you immedietly become a loser without a job and nothing better to do but sit on the internet. :)

jsc315

AnalCunt
Dec 8, 2004
no problem with the idea, but using a free alternative such as http://www.stickam.com would be more gooder.
Yes it would. The only problem with that is bandwith issue. Paltalk can handle probably about 800-1000 people in a single room. depending on how many people have cams on or not. with stckam, your be lucking to get like 600 people live. Ive been on there in a room with about 700 people and it gets very buggy and very very slow. Paltalk to be honest is the best out there for there need. They have been using it for years, so why complain now.

Mar 15, 2004
I'm not getting PalTalk, but I understand why they have it.

I don't really care either way. Sure, I get bored when they get too heavily into PalTalk shit, but I get bored for other reasons too.

But I'm never getting PalTalk.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
here's the thing - not everyone can use paltalk during the time the show is airing live. I finally invested in a wireless card so I can listen on my laptop while I'm working, but before that I was listening to the replay. Even now, there's no way I could put the cam on during the day, so the stuff that gets played to the PalTalk room is lost on me, and others like me. So, you can't really say that we're totally wrong or that we don't want to pony up the money to pay for it. But like Maz said, it works for them so why fight it? Or words to that effect

As for being too cool for the room...that's another story in itself. It seems that unless you're part of the "in crowd", you're not cool enough to be in the room I don't know about during the day because as I said, I can't turn it on here, but at night? I've given up going in.

Just my 2 cents for what it's worth
MA always making sense....

I used to have it, even before it became popular with the show. But now it is not an option to watch it from 6am till about 8pm I am a busy guy. I enjoy hearing it on the shows, mainly because I know most of people they are talking about. If I had an office job or stayed at home I would get it again. The wife goes on with hers once and a while but is not addicted to it.

And the bottom line the boys like it so even if you don't, learn to live with it or move on.

Probably Stoned

I am not good at this.[edited]
Jul 26, 2005
I would get paltalk if I was not in the car during the show hours. And because of that I find I do get annoyed at all of the paltalk talk, but it's not my show and it usually lead to funny so it alright.

fuckwit

He loves you, and he needs money.
Jul 27, 2006
Paltalk to be honest is the best out there for there need. They have been using it for years, so why complain now.
Yeh I didnt really know much about the competition so Ill take your word for it.

Well the reason was before I just chose to not get it and listen the regular way, but now the show is getting more paltalk intensive. And it really ruins my ability to just listen to replays and get the whole show. If they keep getting deeper into paltalk during shows I think paltalk will become a requirement and not an option. And since im a douchebag and dont like Paltalk specifically it sucks to be me. The way things are going Ill probably break down and get it eventually and change my listening habits. But it would be nice if there was another option.
Maybe centralize the video conferencing for the show and create their own service on their website. Or Steve maybe adding daily Paltalk clips to the show rundowns?

Fruit Monkey

Don't stare at it eat it! P-1 In trainning
Oct 4, 2004
i love video chat and have been using it for years since the old MPLAYER days now livve.com

I enjoy it and ONA aside will always use it.

and my thoughts on using for the show... its a radio show else can u see if your fans are enjoying what u are doing instantly.

niklbag

Apr 22, 2004
Yeh I didnt really know much about the competition so Ill take your word for it.

Well the reason was before I just chose to not get it and listen the regular way, but now the show is getting more paltalk intensive. And it really ruins my ability to just listen to replays and get the whole show. If they keep getting deeper into paltalk during shows I think paltalk will become a requirement and not an option. And since im a douchebag and dont like Paltalk specifically it sucks to be me. The way things are going Ill probably break down and get it eventually and change my listening habits. But it would be nice if there was another option.
Maybe centralize the video conferencing for the show and create their own service on their website. Or Steve maybe adding daily Paltalk clips to the show rundowns?
just break down and get it. there are alot more benifits then just using it during the live show. for instance, ant and his chick came in the room and hung out for like 3 hours last night just bustin balls and shit. then a bunch of us played pest poker. there are plenty of other things that are great on paltalk besides just checking out the live room. if anything you should atleast do the trial membership and give it a shot. we had a ball last night and you missed out cuz your being stubborn. dont knock it till you try it. youll probobly like it. most people who try it do.

Feb 3, 2006
Could care less if they use paltalk on the show or not, realy doesn't matter. I don't think it affects the show one way or another.

I will say that I gave up on paltalk after I got bounced fron the fan room because as a "non regular" I had the nerve to ask if I was transmitting because I had internet problems. Result? - I got bounced and banned for 24 hours.

I am too old for that high school shit.

niklbag

Apr 22, 2004
Could care less if they use paltalk on the show or not, realy doesn't matter. I don't think it affects the show one way or another.

I will say that I gave up on paltalk after I got bounced fron the fan room because as a "non regular" I had the nerve to ask if I was transmitting because I had internet problems. Result? - I got bounced and banned for 24 hours.

I am too old for that high school shit.
that type of stuff doesnt really happen anymore due to complaints. the minute we know your an O&A fan you dont get bounced. keep in mind that there are literally millions of users so we get the "is my mic working?" thing constantly and 99% of the time its a non fan who does it. the golden rule of the room is to put an admin on your list incase you get bounced so they can let you right back in. getting bounced happens to everyone at one time or another. its a normal occurance and you shouldnt let it turn you off to it. ive probobly been bounced over 100 times. most of the time its a total accident. like i said if you are an O&A fan you are always welcome. we like hazing the newbies, its kind of a right of passage and happens to everyone.

Stig

Making America So Great You Won't Believe It.
Jul 26, 2005
I don't really care about paltalk except for when the boys get all "retard lookin' at a pinwheel" with it and the show comes to a screeching halt.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
I voted for all of these:

Paltalk and Video are more gooder. Screw you queer.
Fuck Paltalk, but live Video is great.
Screw Paltalk, Screw Video. OnA all the way.
I have a paid Paltalk memebership.
I voted the same. Wasn't going to vote at all until I realized it was a multiple selection poll.

Sure, I love the video, but I have to be up at 3am since I'm out west. So I probably won't be using it live. I just got Paltalk last week in hopes the new studio really kicks ass and I'm sure they'll use it more because of it. It's also kind of cool to see some of the faces from here. Saw Madbam and BabyGirl (but they were on different cams).

And niklbag was right about hazing the newbies (as long as they knew they're O&A fans). When I logged in, I dropped a few show references so I wouldn't get bounced and then asked for patience while I tried to figure it out. It was kinda/sorta funny.

I like Fuckwits idea of someone posting a "best of" of some of the Paltalk goings on. I think they already do, but fuck if I can find it on foundry.

kloraferm

Humor is reason gone mad
Sep 6, 2002
I didn't vote on this one, but I think for the most part, screw it, the more the better.

Stalker Patti

Dec 10, 2002
Different methods for enjoying the show will work for different people depending on their needs and situations. If you are able to sit home on the computer and participate on Paltalk, cool. If you need to be away from a computer and get the show on radio from car or work, cool. If you depend on the replays to get the show, that is cool also. It doesn't matter what method you use to enjoy the show, the main thing is that you GET TO HEAR THE SHOW! There is no one method better than another; all work to achieve a common goal: GETTING THE SHOW!