A possible solution to the XM show studio problem

badcellphoneguy

Kansas City...Kansas City here they come!
Jul 18, 2005
Wantagh, LI
Just wondering why they cant do both shows temporarily out of the XM studios at Lincoln Center. CBS get their show and the boys can do their show without the CBS bullshit from Tom Chiasano.

Later

Zillax0rz

Fagor, King of Fags, Ruler of Fagonia
Jun 1, 2006
What bullshit are they getting from Chiasano?

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
someone else prob broadcast out of there at that time... like some stupid music douche bag

Digital_Trauma

"man of leisure". . . aaaand repeat
May 2, 2005
Lexington, KY
They've said in the past that nude chicks on the radio are kind of lame, so I didn't really see what the big deal was today. I understand it's frustrating, but I doubt they could find any other temp arrangements that would allow everything they're looking for.

NorfCal

S.H.A.D.O.
Sep 2, 2002
fuck off
They have to do the CBS show from the CBS studio. That's why.

predators1998

Mar 13, 2006
Tennessee
Aren't Ron and Fez out of the port-o-potty for the next week? After that maybe they can use the newsstand down the street. All the copies of "Honcho" and "Black Inches" you can shake a stick at.

Bill

Aug 11, 2004
Huntington Station
They've said in the past that nude chicks on the radio are kind of lame, so I didn't really see what the big deal was today.
The big deal was Tom sticking his nose where it doesn't belong. They feel that Tom is "handcuffing" them more than necessary during the CBS portion of the show. So, it really pisses them off when he tries to XM portion of the show, which he should have nothing to do with.

Their primary problem with Tom is that, rather than help them try to figure out a way to accomplish something, so that it both complies with company rules and is still entertaining, he just rejects things outright.

While, considering the number of station executives that have lost their jobs due to O&A, it's understandable that Tom takes a conservative stance when it comes to them. However, it's his job to work at a mediator between the show and CBS Corporate in order to find resolutions to issues.

A good example of this is when Tom attempted to prevent them from reading John Manelli's e-mail on the air last week. His kneejerk reaction was to just say that they couldn't read it on the air. It wasn't until Anthony laid out the detailed circumstances of the situation that Tom finally conceded that O&A had a valid point and that he would check with the lawyers immediately. A few moments later, it became a moot point when Manelli called and said that he had no problem with the e-mail being read on the air.

Digital_Trauma

"man of leisure". . . aaaand repeat
May 2, 2005
Lexington, KY
The big deal was Tom sticking his nose where it doesn't belong. They feel that Tom is "handcuffing" them more than necessary during the CBS portion of the show. So, it really pisses them off when he tries to XM portion of the show, which he should have nothing to do with.

Their primary problem with Tom is that, rather than help them try to figure out a way to accomplish something, so that it both complies with company rules and is still entertaining, he just rejects things outright.

While, considering the number of station executives that have lost their jobs due to O&A, it's understandable that Tom takes a conservative stance when it comes to them. However, it's his job to work at a mediator between the show and CBS Corporate in order to find resolutions to issues.

A good example of this is when Tom attempted to prevent them from reading John Manelli's e-mail on the air last week. His kneejerk reaction was to just say that they couldn't read it on the air. It wasn't until Anthony laid out the detailed circumstances of the situation that Tom finally conceded that O&A had a valid point and that he would check with the lawyers immediately. A few moments later, it became a moot point when Manelli called and said that he had no problem with the e-mail being read on the air.
I understand where you're coming from and I do agree with you for the most part. My point was that naked girls in the studio don't make for very good radio most of the time. O&A have talked about it in the past. Tom shouldn't restrict the XM show, but he is in a strange position on this one. If he making his own rule about nudity in the studio and calling it CBS poilcy, like Opie said, then that's obviously bullshit. If the CBS rules are sketchy and change on a weekly basis then he's probably just trying to be safe. Either way, it seems like their relationship with Tom is pretty well screwed at this point. Or maybe it's just a bit; Opie did mention playing golf with Tom and it sounded fairly recent. :action-sm

Apr 17, 2005
Nude chicks on radio... zzzzzzz. I'm glad Tom won't allow it. It was boring when Howie had empty headed whores on. No reason for O&A to go that route IMO.

martianvirus

READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!
Nov 20, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
Or they could just do a two hour walkover. Girls can be topless on the street.

commish13

Personal Friend of Chris Jericho
May 24, 2005
Emerson, NJ
Aren't Ron and Fez out of the port-o-potty for the next week? After that maybe they can use the newsstand down the street. All the copies of "Honcho" and "Black Inches" you can shake a stick at.
RnF did three days in the tiny studio and have been on vacation since the 22nd and still have a full week left before they come back. That doesn't mean the studio will be ready by then, but they aren't going to be in there for 'the next week', because they're on vacation.

Smokezilla

U. S. Backstroke Roulette Champion
Jul 30, 2005
BumFuck-Egypt, KY
How much longer till the XM studio is done??? CBS is not going to let O&A get away with anything on their premises. . . I'm surprised they let them curse on the air while broadcasting on XM only. CBS is going to cockblock XM at every reasonable opportunity because they are the competition. It's that simple. I wonder how much they're charging XM for the use of their facility from 9 till 11 everyday.

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
Tom shouldn't restrict the XM show, but he is in a strange position on this one. If he making his own rule about nudity in the studio and calling it CBS poilcy, like Opie said, then that's obviously bullshit. If the CBS rules are sketchy and change on a weekly basis then he's probably just trying to be safe.
When told that there was no CBS policy, he said that he'd "always" been told there was one. Meaning that he thought there was one when Howie had naked girls in the same studio on a daily basis, but he chose to ignore it because it was Howie.

Somebody remind me . . . what exactly does Tom do at the station?