A question about Cell Phones

Southtown

Aug 10, 2004
My cell phone kinda shit the bed. I can barely hear people when they call. I took my old phone in to AT&T today and asked to have them switch it back to the old phone. They said they couldnt because it doesnt have a SIM card and all phones need that now. I asked if they had any cheap ass phones that I didnt need to sign a 2 yr agreement and they said no, and they were all over $200. I would do it but my wife and I are planning on switching to Verizon when we move back to PA. in about 6 months and I dont want to do it beforehand.

So my question is if I bought a cheap ass phone from Ebay, would the phone work if I just put my SIM card in it, or is there more to it then that?

Davel23

Feb 26, 2005
Just get a cheap prepaid.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
While searching for a phone on ebay make sure it says either AT&T, or GSRM Unlocked. If the phone's coded to AT&T, or it's been unlocked to be able to work with any provider with a SIM, then you'll be good to go.

That's all there is to it.

Any more questions go to Howardforums.com

DanainNM

Blah Blah Blah
Jan 9, 2007
New Mexico
Depends on if the owner of that phone had AT&T or not I'm with Sprint and my phones do not have a sims card.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
My cell phone kinda shit the bed. I can barely hear people when they call. I took my old phone in to AT&T today and asked to have them switch it back to the old phone. They said they couldnt because it doesnt have a SIM card and all phones need that now. I asked if they had any cheap ass phones that I didnt need to sign a 2 yr agreement and they said no, and they were all over $200. I would do it but my wife and I are planning on switching to Verizon when we move back to PA. in about 6 months and I dont want to do it beforehand.

So my question is if I bought a cheap ass phone from Ebay, would the phone work if I just put my SIM card in it, or is there more to it then that?
You should be able to find a phone on eBay that is compatible with your service and transfer the SIM. It should not be an issue at all.