A-Rod critics are vaginas

umo

Baseball is quickly becoming a sport for fags. I cant believe the number of pussies criticizing A-Rod for attempting to psyche out the third baseman. In a real man's game like the NFL, the guys in punt coverage scream every obscenity in the book at the guy calling for a fair catch, trying to distract him and make him fumble the ball. A pro is supposed to make the play and not get psyched out.

umm...no one in baseball yells at a player making a catch...NO ONE. It is bush league...which here to for will be referred to as Arod league...Last week he tries to elbow a player in the face while 'casually' sliding into second...He punched at Bronson Arroyo in the playoffs...He yells "It's Mine" to a guy catching a pop up...What a CUNT...everyone talks about how professional the last place yankees are...well...way to go Arod

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
I don't agree with you on this point TFR.

This is exactly the same as an outfielder pretending to lose the ball in the sun so he can catch the ball and double a guy off base. It's a trick and stupid fell for it. His reaction and that of his team was from embarrasment over falling for the oldest trick in the book. Is the hidden ball trick bush league too?

umo

It's called Gamesmanship. Why are American men turning into a nation of feminized pussies? Ty Cobb and Pete Rose could never play in this era.

umo

A-Rod didn't even say...I got it! All he did was shout and that was all it took to distract the 3rd baseman. Judge for yourself:

A-Rod

Snake2k9

C'mon Sonnen.
It's just like when a player pretends to throw the ball back to the pitcher and then when runner on a base moves away...boom he's out.This happened I think two or maybe last year,I know it involved the marlins and some other team. I approve of A-Rod and his psyche and it actually working.This is such a non-issue too and would be one if a kansa city royale player did

Perch1019

It is bush league...which here to for will be referred to as Arod league...
Will it? Im sure thats going to catch on.

Last week he tries to elbow a player in the face while 'casually' sliding into second...He punched at Bronson Arroyo in the playoffs...He yells "It's Mine" to a guy catching a pop up...What a CUNT...everyone talks about how professional the last place yankees are...well...way to go Arod
What do you call a pussy catcher who gets in a guys face and starts a fight with his mask still on?
He never punched at Arroyo, he swiped at the ball in hopes he would drop it. Im not saying it was right but lets get our facts straight here.

ugh, I hate that your making me defend Arod but your wrong here.

Papagolash

24.24.2.2194 [Incarcerated]
Wackbag Staff
It's just like when a player pretends to throw the ball back to the pitcher and then when runner on a base moves away...boom he's out.This happened I think two or maybe last year,I know it involved the marlins and some other team. I approve of A-Rod and his psyche and it actually working.This is such a non-issue too and would be one if a kansa city royale player did

I totally agree with this guy here. That being said he also gets mad probs for being a NIN fan.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
umm...no one in baseball yells at a player making a catch...NO ONE. It is bush league...which here to for will be referred to as Arod league...Last week he tries to elbow a player in the face while 'casually' sliding into second...He punched at Bronson Arroyo in the playoffs...He yells "It's Mine" to a guy catching a pop up...What a CUNT...everyone talks about how professional the last place yankees are...well...way to go Arod
are we watching the same game???

How can you elbow someone in the face if your sliding? It was more like the ribs, and I totally didnt see it like an attack at all. Its called breaking up a double play.

And the bronson shit, like perch said was it a little dirty sure but he didnt go to hit the player, he was going for the ball.

Cmon "I got it... waaa who said that??"

That shit is funny

fuckwit

He loves you, and he needs money.
its not a raw skill play. but it worked. in the end it falls upon what umo said
umo said:
A pro is supposed to make the play and not get psyched out.
i used to competitive fight and there was always that guy that would do some kind of dumb shout of goofy bullshit at the beginning of a fight to try and psych you out for a second and have you drop your guard. while it wasnt honorable and something you commend him for, its not something to cry about. if you fall for something like that its because you lack focus.

Salem

Midgets = funny
its not a raw skill play. but it worked. in the end it falls upon what umo said

i used to competitive fight and there was always that guy that would do some kind of dumb shout of goofy bullshit at the beginning of a fight to try and psych you out for a second and have you drop your guard. while it wasnt honorable and something you commend him for, its not something to cry about. if you fall for something like that its because you lack focus.
There is quite a difference actually. "I got it!" prevents other players looking skyward from slamming into you (Johnny Damon vs Damian Jackson, google that). Its a saftey issue. The football reference doesnt apply either. The guy who calls the fair catch is the designated reciever of the ball from the start of the play before the ball is even kicked. So he is in no danger of his teammantes looking in the air and slamming into him. So now knowing all of the above explain to me how it's ok for a "pro" to pull this kinda of stunt against what is supposed to keep players safe. Hiding the ball and tagging the guy on first when he steps off the bag doesnt result in stitches and concusions so save it.

highway23

I miss NY wings
I don't care if it worked or not...I just think it's bush-league

There's no need for it, and it ranks as A-Rod's third bush-league move that I can remember.

Swiping of the glove, and last months fucking slide into the shortstop are the top ones.

He's one of the best in the game, hands down, but this shit is a blemish to what he has done. Not a very big one, but shit like this gets remembered by baseball elitists...who are essentially the guys that write about the games, commentate, and vote for the Hall. Not that these would get in the way, but stupid shit like this gets remembered.

Why do it? Why not be known as a classy guy on the field? That's what I like, guys that play the game the way it's supposed to be played; professionally and showing that you have a respect for the game. Dumb stuff like this brings you down to an AAU standard, of getting a base hit, run, or breaking up a double play by any means necessary.

Just dumb.

fuckwit

He loves you, and he needs money.
There is quite a difference actually. "I got it!" prevents other players looking skyward from slamming into you (Johnny Damon vs Damian Jackson, google that). Its a saftey issue. The football reference doesnt apply either. The guy who calls the fair catch is the designated reciever of the ball from the start of the play before the ball is even kicked. So he is in no danger of his teammantes looking in the air and slamming into him. So now knowing all of the above explain to me how it's ok for a "pro" to pull this kinda of stunt against what is supposed to keep players safe. Hiding the ball and tagging the guy on first when he steps off the bag doesnt result in stitches and concusions so save it.
well this was an infield play we're talking about not an outfield play like your trying to reference. there is a big difference is the "safety" factor between infield catches and outfield.
and the 'i got it' call isnt just about safety its about catching the ball. he wasnt interfering with them with the intention of doing them harm. he was making a strategic move.

Salem said:
Hiding the ball and tagging the guy on first when he steps off the bag doesnt result in stitches and concusions so save it.
i didnt say that or the football thing but ok. people get hurt playing baseball. ok maybe in your quote here theres no body count but im pretty sure its happened and believe it or not its not always a yankees fault.
this is a physical sport with big boys who often get in fist fights.

JMCC

Why are Yankee fans trying to defend such a bush league play? If it was a routine play then why did the Blue Jays players get mad? That kind of play is acceptable when you're in the park playing your friends, it has no place in the Majors.

According to the official MLB rulebook, in section 2.00, Interference is defined as:
(a) Offensive interference is an act by the team at bat which interferes with, obstructs, impedes, hinders or confuses any fielder attempting to make a play.
What A-rod did was illegal.

If he was on any other team, this wouldn't be an issue. If it was any other team people would be mad at the fielder for falling for that.

This makes me love him more. (no homo)

I hope he retires a Yankee...but shit like this and the ensuing ESPN hatefest won't make him want to.

commish13

Personal Friend of Chris Jericho
A little dirty? Yeah, TFR is way off on him "punching at" Arroyo, but him doing a girl slap at the ball isn't a little dirty. You don't do that kind of shit. People used to get yelled at pulling shit like that in little leagues when we were 10 years old... a guy in his late 20s who is considered one of the best players in baseball in the MAJOR LEAGUES shouldn't be pulling that garbage.

I'm a Yankee fan, even though I am also reveling in their failure this year. I like a lot of the guys (Jeter, Jorge, Giambi, Wang, Mo, Moose and Pettite mostly), but I hate the way management runs the team, and as much as I loved Torre, he should have been gone years ago. Hopefully this shitty year continues to be awful and maybe they'll wake up and start thinking about building a great team for the future instead of quick fixes that obviously don't work.

And as far as A-Rod being one of the best players in baseball? Eeeeeeeeeehhhh. He's a talented guy, but his EXTREME lack of clutch ability (walk off home runs in April don't come close to equaling clutch) and his bush league kiddie shit really keep him from being as great as people think. I've never liked A-Rod, and until he starts acting like a man and starts being a good baseball player when it matters FOR HIS TEAM rather than just his stats, I never will.

I think "confusing" the fielder refers to doing something like throwing your helmet or jumping in front of him, not yelling as you run the bases. What about a runner faking a break to 2nd base to draw a throw so the runner on 3rd can score? Isn't that confusing the fielder? And what about riddles? Are they illegal, too?

The Blue Jays players were mad because they were embarrassed. The fans would have booed the shit out of them for not catching the ball, so they decided to do what most people do when they fuck up--blame someone else.

Why are Yankee fans trying to defend such a bush league play? If it was a routine play then why did the Blue Jays players get mad? That kind of play is acceptable when you're in the park playing your friends, it has no place in the Majors.

According to the official MLB rulebook, in section 2.00, Interference is defined as:

(a) Offensive interference is an act by the team at bat which interferes with, obstructs, impedes, hinders or confuses any fielder attempting to make a play.

Actually interference involves actually touching a player, not using the sound of your voice. What he did was shitty, but it wasn't illegal and happens all the time. Maybe Reyes will come up with some more dance moves that will get the Mets past the NLCS.
This was a professional ball player who dropped a ball over something that a little leaguer can ignore.

7cent

Maybe the SS should have been yelling 'You, You, You' instead of checking out of the play.. fuck him.

Cybouncer

Not Fat, Big Boned!
Yankee fans can keep defending him all you want.

The Yankee players from the late 90's are disgusted. This is what the team has become...

7cent

Yankee fans can keep defending him all you want.

The Yankee players from the late 90's are disgusted. This is what the team has become...

Thanks for chiming Cybouncer...