A stripper, a man squished between two vehicles, alcohol, witches and a golden banana

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Driver in fatal crash says victim assaulted her

By Laurel J. Sweet
Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - Updated 4 hours ago
+ Recent Articles + Email + Bio
Print
(19) Comments
Text size

A strip club worker who was backed in court by a coven of Salem witches told police she had been drinking but was fighting off a Danvers teen’s unwelcome sexual advances when she drove into a parked tow truck early Saturday morning, impaling him on a flatbed, prosecutors said.
“He would not stop touching me,” Angelique Catherine Griffin, 25, told police about 19-year-old Dillon Renard, who was pronounced dead in the front passenger seat of her mangled PT Cruiser on Boston Street in Salem. Griffin admitted to downing two beers and two “very strong” drinks of vodka mixed with Red Bull, but claimed to have no memory of the accident, police and prosecutors said.
A hysterical Griffin wailed at the scene, “Did I kill him? Is he dead?” and repeated over and over that she didn’t want to get behind the wheel because of her impaired condition, but was pressured to do so by friends she claimed were even drunker than she was, Assistant Essex District Attorney Jane Prince said. Renard was killed shortly after 3:30 a.m. Saturday when Griffin plowed her PT Cruiser into a parked flatbed, Prince said. Renard, who worked for Home Depot in Danvers, was a passenger in the front seat.
Renard, who would have celebrated his 20th birthday June 29, had a tattoo draped around his neck that read, “While I Breathe I Hope.”
Yesterday, Renard’s family members, who saw his gruesome death captured in horrifying clarity by a building surveillance camera on local TV, lashed out angrily at a handcuffed Griffin in Salem District Court, shouting through tears that Renard “could do better” than her.
Griffin, a mother of 3-year-old twins whose employer is listed in police reports as DB’s Golden Banana on Route 1 in Peabody, was ordered held on $10,000 cash bail by Judge Michael Lauranzo after pleading not guilty to motor vehicle homicide and drunken driving.
Renard’s mother, Cherie Rubner, said through sobs: “My son’s life was taken from me. I think $10,000 bail is ridiculous.”
Griffin’s attorney, Scott Dullea, pointed out to the judge a large turnout in court of Griffin’s “friends in the Wiccan community” and said she once worked in Salem’s witchcraft shops. He would not say whether she considers herself a witch. Her friends refused comment, and Dullea would only say, “It’s a tragedy for all concerned.” Golden Banana management could not be reached for comment.
Griffin has no prior arrests, Dullea noted, and her driving record until now was spotless, according to Registry of Motor Vehicle records.
Police reported finding a can of Budweiser beer on the floor of the PT Cruiser behind Renard’s seat and another outside the wreck.
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/re...ver_in_fatal_crash_says_victim_assaulted_her/

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Renard’s mother, Cherie Rubner, said through sobs: “My son’s life was taken from me. I think $10,000 bail is ridiculous.”
Really?

Renard, who would have celebrated his 20th birthday June 29, had a tattoo draped around his neck that read, “While I Breathe I Hope.”
10k seems like it might have been a bit too high.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Yikes, Id pay her to keep her clothes on.