A trip to Colorado?

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
I am taking most of May off and am thinking about spending a couple of my vacation days next door in Colorado. Before I go sightseeing, I am doing some botanical "research" for a "friend."

So Coloradans, coach me up on this:

It is my understanding that there are medical dispensaries there that only sell products to medical card holders, but there are just outright weed stores that just sell shit to the public? Is there like quantity limitations, or something like that?

DerFuhrerScooby

I poop too much
Feb 1, 2009
Kansas. Where common sense goes to die.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
Hey, why don't you try to hang out with Kirk? I'm sure it'll be a blast!

MurphCO

Donator
Dec 13, 2011
Parts Unknown
They don't track how much you buy or what or where....you have to show an ID proving you are 21 and you pay in cash, thems the only rules.

Edibles are no fucking joke.....if you plan to imbibe while here, know that.

Take it out of state at your own risk.

Medicine Man

Yacht Rockin' with the SS Waffen
Donator
Jun 24, 2015
Brooklyn, New York
It's my understanding that state residents are permitted more purchasing rights over tourists, as far as quantity is concerned.

Johnnyboy

Aug 5, 2004
NJ
I have been wanting to smoke lately (I haven't touched it in like 15 years), and it's a bit difficult seeing as I don't know anyone who does anymore. Just waiting for it to be legal in NJ I guess.

Unfortunately Colorado is a bit of a drive for me, so that is not very practical.

CougarHunter

Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
Hey, why don't you try to hang out with Kirk? I'm sure it'll be a blast!
There isn't enough weed in America to make that a possibility.

Edibles are no fucking joke.....if you plan to imbibe while here, know that.

Take it out of state at your own risk.
Yeah, I heard that edibles were pretty potent. I would imagine leaving the state is where the don't drive like an asshole advice comes into play.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Some asshole bought a bunch of edibles and brought them back to Wyoming. Ended up eating too much and fell off a hotel balcony and killed himself.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
My mom is spending a month there, hoping she doesn't come back
Should have sent her to Disney world with mine, maybe they would both get locked up in the loonie bin.... She is not leaving for a week and a half, she has her bag packed ant its sitting next to the god damn door....

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Aug 16, 2006
The Oh-See, Fuck-Asses
My mom went on a Pot Vacation there last year and is going again this year. She's from California, and clearly is a tourist in Colorado. That being said, she got all the green they needed. It'll probably be expensive and price-gougey, but you can walk into a store and buy pot.

CougarHunter

Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
Ok, now that I've had some sleep, I can now form a semi-coherent thought. White knuckling it across 400 miles of Republicanville with my badge, a Glock, and a bunch of weed in the trunk of a rental car really takes it out of you.

The closest store that I could find to the Kansas state line was a suburb of Denver called Aurora. I drive there, which takes about 3 hours or so from the state line. I get to The Green Solution:

You go in, and it's like a reception area for a doctor's office. You get carded to verify age, and they give you a paper ticket and buzz you into a secured area. As soon as you enter, you are greeted by the most marijuana saturated air possible, and you wait in a cordon line Best Buy checkout-style. In that waiting area, there are shelves of misc trinkets for sale, such as cups, hackey sacks, dog collars, frisbees etc kind of like the checkout line of a grocery store.

There are like 4-5 sales guys working the floor, and they take your ticket and bring you on to the sales floor one-on-one. They show you around the floor from behind the counters which runs the periphery of the room. The primary weed sales station is in the center, and it's 4 large panels in a semi-circle with 16 different named weed strains per panel. Each panel is exactly the same, so they can work 4 different customers at once from behind the counter. The prices seem to be roughly about the same regardless of strain. Only difference is what they call "top shelf," which I presume is the ultra-high potency stuff, is minimally more expensive. The prices are on a standing card on the top of each panel, and are listed by the gram, sixteenth, eighth, quarter, half, and ounce. I noted that a whole ounce was a little more than $300. I walked in with $500 cash, and the limit was an ounce, so I wasn't worried. On each area of the panel are different statistics about each strain, which I didn't pay much mind to. On each side of the weed area was a smoking device area, and a pre-rolled area. Pre-rolls had a warning sign saying they were all high potency, and those on display looked to have a diameter of a pencil and about five inches in legnth. Over on the other side of the room was edibles, misc marijuana products like lotions, etc and a refrigerated counter containing tinctures.

My guy asked me what I was looking for, and I told him that I wanted some edibles as a gift for someone that could not smoke (my father has emphysema) and some weed for myself. We went to the edibles section first. The edibles were pre-packaged in peel-off containers that looked similar to Lunchables. They had all different types (like cakes, brownies, fudge, brittles etc) and flavors. The particular ones I bought contained 4 1-inch squares that looked like fudge. I was warned to just take one at a time.

After that, we went to the weed area, where he started explaining about different ones having different effects. I told him I wanted something for relaxation. So he handed me a few different glass jars of buds and asked me which I liked the smell of. I picked a couple. Since I didn't know what the physical amounts were, he showed me the containers so I could get an idea. An ounce is like a small coffee can size worth. It looked like a lot. So I went with a quarter each. He said he was going to bring them to me in smaller packages so they would be easier for me to deal with. He sent me over to one of 6 checkout areas.

He brought me a tray of Noxema-like bottles that were heat-sealed like OTC pills. Each bottle contained a sixteenth. He had a hard time scanning several of them, and had to go to the back and do something with the computer and brought different bottles as well. He eventually gave up and scanned what he could and just threw the rest in the bag anyway, saying it was my lucky day. So according to the receipt (yes the pot dealer gives receipts), I bought two sixteenths of Silverback at $17.74 each, an eighth of Silverback at $35.48, two sixteenths of Phaser at $15.97 each, a key lime bar at $6.95, and a dog collar at $8.95, subtotaling $109.50. Sales tax was 8.76% and Marijuana tax was $12.794%, bringing my total to $130.34. They only take cash.

What was actually in the bag was the collar, two edibles, four sixteenths of Phaser, three sixteenths as well as an eighth of Silverback. So apparently he duked me quite a bit. Since I have zero experience with this stuff, I cannot make any judgement on price, but it didn't seem unreasonable. I've spent more for far more stupid reasons.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Aug 16, 2006
The Oh-See, Fuck-Asses
Ok, now that I've had some sleep, I can now form a semi-coherent thought. White knuckling it across 400 miles of Republicanville with my badge, a Glock, and a bunch of weed in the trunk of a rental car really takes it out of you.

The closest store that I could find to the Kansas state line was a suburb of Denver called Aurora. I drive there, which takes about 3 hours or so from the state line. I get to The Green Solution:

You go in, and it's like a reception area for a doctor's office. You get carded to verify age, and they give you a paper ticket and buzz you into a secured area. As soon as you enter, you are greeted by the most marijuana saturated air possible, and you wait in a cordon line Best Buy checkout-style. In that waiting area, there are shelves of misc trinkets for sale, such as cups, hackey sacks, dog collars, frisbees etc kind of like the checkout line of a grocery store.

There are like 4-5 sales guys working the floor, and they take your ticket and bring you on to the sales floor one-on-one. They show you around the floor from behind the counters which runs the periphery of the room. The primary weed sales station is in the center, and it's 4 large panels in a semi-circle with 16 different named weed strains per panel. Each panel is exactly the same, so they can work 4 different customers at once from behind the counter. The prices seem to be roughly about the same regardless of strain. Only difference is what they call "top shelf," which I presume is the ultra-high potency stuff, is minimally more expensive. The prices are on a standing card on the top of each panel, and are listed by the gram, sixteenth, eighth, quarter, half, and ounce. I noted that a whole ounce was a little more than $300. I walked in with $500 cash, and the limit was an ounce, so I wasn't worried. On each area of the panel are different statistics about each strain, which I didn't pay much mind to. On each side of the weed area was a smoking device area, and a pre-rolled area. Pre-rolls had a warning sign saying they were all high potency, and those on display looked to have a diameter of a pencil and about five inches in legnth. Over on the other side of the room was edibles, misc marijuana products like lotions, etc and a refrigerated counter containing tinctures.

My guy asked me what I was looking for, and I told him that I wanted some edibles as a gift for someone that could not smoke (my father has emphysema) and some weed for myself. We went to the edibles section first. The edibles were pre-packaged in peel-off containers that looked similar to Lunchables. They had all different types (like cakes, brownies, fudge, brittles etc) and flavors. The particular ones I bought contained 4 1-inch squares that looked like fudge. I was warned to just take one at a time.

After that, we went to the weed area, where he started explaining about different ones having different effects. I told him I wanted something for relaxation. So he handed me a few different glass jars of buds and asked me which I liked the smell of. I picked a couple. Since I didn't know what the physical amounts were, he showed me the containers so I could get an idea. An ounce is like a small coffee can size worth. It looked like a lot. So I went with a quarter each. He said he was going to bring them to me in smaller packages so they would be easier for me to deal with. He sent me over to one of 6 checkout areas.

He brought me a tray of Noxema-like bottles that were heat-sealed like OTC pills. Each bottle contained a sixteenth. He had a hard time scanning several of them, and had to go to the back and do something with the computer and brought different bottles as well. He eventually gave up and scanned what he could and just threw the rest in the bag anyway, saying it was my lucky day. So according to the receipt (yes the pot dealer gives receipts), I bought two sixteenths of Silverback at $17.74 each, an eighth of Silverback at $35.48, two sixteenths of Phaser at $15.97 each, a key lime bar at $6.95, and a dog collar at $8.95, subtotaling $109.50. Sales tax was 8.76% and Marijuana tax was $12.794%, bringing my total to $130.34. They only take cash.

What was actually in the bag was the collar, two edibles, four sixteenths of Phaser, three sixteenths as well as an eighth of Silverback. So apparently he duked me quite a bit. Since I have zero experience with this stuff, I cannot make any judgement on price, but it didn't seem unreasonable. I've spent more for far more stupid reasons.
The prices that you paid there are a lot better than what I pay for medicinal shit in California. Silverback is good, I think it's a cross between Gorilla Glue #4 and Super Silver Haze, which would make for a nice hybrid buzz, I'd think. So who knows what your actual THCa percentages are, but from where I'm sitting it looks like good pot at a good deal. If you have a chance to take a pic of the nugs and post them, that would be cool.

CougarHunter

Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
The prices that you paid there are a lot better than what I pay for medicinal shit in California. Silverback is good, I think it's a cross between Gorilla Glue #4 and Super Silver Haze, which would make for a nice hybrid buzz, I'd think. So who knows what your actual THCa percentages are, but from where I'm sitting it looks like good pot at a good deal. If you have a chance to take a pic of the nugs and post them, that would be cool.
I'll do that when I get back from FL.