A Window Washer's 47 Floor Plunge - How Did He Survive?

Furtherman

Nov 4, 2005
Yesterday Jimmy was asking how one of the window washers, that fell from that 47 story building last week, survived the fall.

I was wondering that too and came across this article today.

After a Window Washer’s 47-Floor Plunge, the Big Question Is: How Did He Survive?

Window washers are taught that if a scaffold gives way, they should lie down flat on the platform, on their stomach because, Mr. Bustamante said, it gives them the best chance of survival should the scaffold catch on something on the way down. Maybe that is what Alcides Moreno did, he said.
It looks like he rode it down, lying flat on his stomach. We won't know for sure until this guy talks, but I cannot imagine going through that. I think the fear going through me would kill me first.

Yarsh

OnA PARTY ROCK!!!!1!!
Aug 13, 2007
the day this happened, the local news sotry on it said the surviving window washer had gotten tangled in the ropes or whatever and that slowed his fall.

although they didnt mention that the other had got fuckin cut in half. JEEZUS!

Feb 20, 2006
**** Island
Lazy ass. He could've at least held his squeegee against the glass on the way down.

Stig

Making America So Great You Won't Believe It.
Jul 26, 2005
NH
he rode the debris down maaaaaaaaaan. it was an inside job,maaaaaaaaaan
I heard that Halliburton was after the window washing contract for that building. This war is about WINDEX, MAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!

Sprite

permanent case of the Moooondays
Apr 27, 2005
Jersey
i guess god needed just one window washer.

J

jimcy

What if they guy who has to clean up that mess got hit by a bus ..... it would make an even bigger mess

electrifiedmice

Anthonys giant eye teeth scare children
Nov 20, 2005
I was there and I saw what happened.

At first he just hung onto the scaffold then he grabbed the cable, it stretched like 46 stories. He then eased himself down onto the pavement and actually stood there for a while until his half brother landed on him. Obviously the half brother was the asshole of the family.