Abercrombie CEO is honest and people are pissed

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
Aug 30, 2005
woodland critter christmas park nj
http://elitedaily.com/news/world/abercrombie-fitch-ceo-explains-why-he-hates-fat-chicks/

Anyone who’s been to Abercrombie & Fitch in the last few years has probably noticed that they don’t carry XL or XXL sizes of women’s clothing because they don’t want overweight women wearing their brand.
According to this popular teen clothing retailer, fat chicks will just never be a part of the “in” crowd.
They take a big risk with this tactic because two of Abercrombie’s biggest competitors, H&M and American Eagle, both offer XXL sizes for men and women.
The largest women’s pants available at Abercrombie are a size 10, while H&M goes up to 16 and American Eagle goes even farther to 18.
Abercrombie’s attitude towards plus-sized women derives from CEO Mike Jeffries. Robin Lewis, author of The New Rules of Retail, spoke to Business Insider about the kind of people Jeffries wants advertising his brand.
“He doesn’t want larger people shopping in his store, he wants thin and beautiful people,” Lewis said. “He doesn’t want his core customers to see people who aren’t as hot as them wearing his clothing. People who wear his clothing should feel like they’re one of the ‘cool kids.’”​
Lewis said that the only reason Abercrombie offers XL and XXL in men’s sizes is to appeal to large athletes.
In a 2006 interview with Salon, Jeffries confirmed that the communication between hot people is his primary marketing tactic.
“It’s almost everything. That’s why we hire good-looking people in our stores. Because good-looking people attract other good-looking people, and we want to market to cool, good-looking people. We don’t market to anyone other than that,” he said.
Jeffries also told Salon that he wasn’t bothered by excluding fat people. In fact, he said that not limiting his ideal demographic would make his clothing less desirable.
“In every school there are the cool and popular kids, and then there are the not-so-cool kids,” he told the site. “Candidly, we go after the cool kids. We go after the attractive all-American kid with a great attitude and a lot of friends. A lot of people don’t belong [in our clothes], and they can’t belong. Are we exclusionary? Absolutely. Those companies that are in trouble are trying to target everybody: young, old, fat, skinny. But then you become totally vanilla. You don’t alienate anybody, but you don’t excite anybody, either,” he told Salon.​
One might wonder why Mike Jeffries only wants to be in the company of good-looking people. That curiosity will end after seeing what this freak looks like.
After seeing a picture of Mike Jeffries, it can only be concluded that he was never around good-looking people as a kid and is now making up for the glamorous youth he wishes he had.
Is Mike Jeffries the worst CEO in the world?
EVERYONE HATES FAT CHICKS!

Guilty Spark

It's freeing and refreshing
May 4, 2005
Long Island NY
I like girls that wear Abercrombie and Fitch Chinese food makes me sick

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
The last time I shopped at A+F was when I couldnt find a pair of 36 waist jeans. They looked at me like I was a fucking moron when I asked if they had sizes that big. Guess I win because I stopped looking like a douchebag and just went back to living like one.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I've never understood why people shop at A&F. It's just overpriced bullshit.

somnarium

deftones or somefuckin' body
Aug 24, 2012
I've never understood why people shop at A&F. It's just overpriced bullshit.
And that's why they want it. They want the moose logo that tells everyone they paid $75 dollars for that polo when they could have gotten the same thing for 30 at pacsun or target.

Had an ex that worked at Abercrombie's Corporate Headquarters. She would spout off their marketing ideals like gospel. I really hated that cunt towards the end.

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
I like it when it was more classy and snobby instead of douchey and blatently money grabbing. The stores by me had plaid carpeting and the shit like tee shirts actually were comfortable as hell and fit well. Last time I bought something from there was probably 1998 or 99. Fuck that place. And fuck Hollister too, turn on some fucking lights, its a clothes store not a night club.

somnarium

deftones or somefuckin' body
Aug 24, 2012
I like it when it was more classy and snobby instead of douchey and blatently money grabbing. The stores by me had plaid carpeting and the shit like tee shirts actually were comfortable as hell and fit well. Last time I bought something from there was probably 1998 or 99. Fuck that place. And fuck Hollister too, turn on some fucking lights, its a clothes store not a night club.
The smell is so overwhelming at Hollister, I don't know how anyone who works there can stand it.

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
Fuck this guy, and fuck his garbage clothing.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
I have never set foot in one of those stores, I never pay for t shirts and wear rental clothes most of the time

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
Aug 30, 2005
woodland critter christmas park nj
Fuck this guy, and fuck his garbage clothing.
really? i kind of like this guy. he can market towards whoever the hell he wants and he doesn't care if he hurts anyone's feelings with what he's doing with the company.
i don't shop there, but they can do whatever they see fit.

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
really? i kind of like this guy. he can market towards whoever the hell he wants and he doesn't care if he hurts anyone's feelings with what he's doing with the company.
i don't shop there, but they can do whatever they see fit.
Its really no different than any other store in an upscale mall. Locally go to the Short Hills mall and try to find something your size at any of the other stores there besides Macys. They will laugh in your fat face.

ironman25dc

A Smug Cunt Who Loves The Cock
Jun 1, 2004
Chicago, IL
Well said. In high school and college I'd shop at A&F and even offered jobs at various locations I'd shop. Before 2002 the brand was more upscale, classy and could be accessorized to work for a casual Friday attire, a night out and about or a weekend activity with friends or family.

The brand direction changed around the same time my couture was evolving and I haven't shopped there for myself since. We regularly make fun of the 40 year old fags, who in a desperate attempt to look young, wear an Abercrombie t-shirt out and about; it doesn't make them look young rather it only makes them look pathetic with a complete lack of self awareness.

As far as the CEO (yes, he is...) saying no to larger sizes; that's the direction he sees the brand succeeding and if it doesn't result in higher profits and brand reputation then the company will change direction starting with hiring a new CEO.

The one thing I will point out about Abercrombie is I always remember their jeans and khakis being noticeably larger in the waist than any other pants; if I was a 31 at Banana, Polo or CK I'd be a 29 at Abercrombie.

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
I see nothing wrong with this

I don't see anyone from Salon crying that Size 6s can't find clothing at Lane Bryant

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Speaking of A&F, it always annoyed me whenever Opie complained about how they cater to a gay clientele was as if that was a new development. A&F has catered to gays for decades. The only thing that's worse is whenever Anthony complained about the male models on underwear packaging and how he needed his chick with him when he went underwear shopping, I guess so no one thought he was gay.

Last edited:

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Jul 26, 2005
Is Mike Jeffries the worst CEO in the world?
ANF traded at about 10 in '96 when Jeffries took over; hit 80 in 2007 and now trades a little above 50. Every company needs to find a successful niche. Snob appeal is also the business model of Mercedes, Louis Vuitton and Grey Goose. This dope just needs to keep his mouth shut about his business model so the prole cows don't get in an uproar.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
The even purposely make their sizes smaller than they should be. My kid was wearing a womens' 5 in Abercrombie when she was 13 years old, anywhere else she was still wearing kid sizes. Even now she's not a 5 in adult sizes anywhere else.

Dikbag

Dec 11, 2004
NW Ohio
All the shirts I wear come in a 6-pack or have a local bar or business printed on it. I used to wear the overpriced trendy shit, I was/still am a bit of a douche. But the one good thing about this clothing is it's actually made for thin-average build people. Regular t-shirts don't seem to get much longer with each size increase as much as they get bigger around, so when it comes to regular cheap t-shirts, I have to buy an xl for it to come below my belt line but it's big enough around for 3 of me to fit in. Fat fuck Americans good for A&F for not caving into them.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
70% of my casual shirts are Carhartt. They are comfortable and they last.