ACLU attacking our precious children's educations

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
ACLU to Kansas school district: Cancel creationist assemblies about dinosaurs

The American Civil Liberties Union has warned a southwest Kansas school district against holding mandatory student assemblies that feature a creationist group.
“Teaching or otherwise promoting creationism is, simply put, unlawful,” the ACLU wrote in a letter to Hugoton Public Schools superintendent Mark Crawford on Friday. “As the District is surely aware, the federal courts have been unequivocally clear that efforts to inject religious beliefs regarding the origin of life into public school science curricula are constitutionally impermissible, no matter what form they take.”
Hugoton Public Schools invited Creation Truth Foundation’s founder Dr. G. Thomas Sharp to teach the “Truth about Dinosaurs” at two assemblies next week. At least one of the assemblies will be mandatory for all students and teachers.
The group has created teaching materials “explaining the origins, extinction and possible existence of dinosaurs” from a Biblical view and believes the dinosaur Tyrannosaurus rex walked the Earth as early as 100,000 years ago rather more than 65 million years ago. In a lecture uploaded to YouTube last year, Sharp criticized scientists for ignoring the great flood of the Bible.
“We respectfully request the District take immediate and concrete steps to remedy these problems,” the ACLU concluded. “The first step would be to cancel the planned mandatory school assemblies now set for next week.”
However, superintendent Crawford has said he will not call off the assemblies. He told The Kansas City Star the assemblies will not promote creationism, despite the beliefs and mission of the Creation Truth Foundation.
“I agree with the ACLU, in that, if a mandatory all-school assembly where creationist truths or creationist beliefs were expressed, that would be inappropriate public-school content, and that is not the case,” Crawford said. “It’s completely and totally school appropriate.”
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/04/...ancel-creationist-assemblies-about-dinosaurs/

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
What are they doing in the assembly? If it's not creationism stuff, fine. But what else would the group be doing?

Maybe they are going to tell the truth about dinosaurs. If that's the case, let them.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
The truth that Satan planted the bones to deceive us, Don?

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Maybe they are going to tell the truth about dinosaurs. If that's the case, let them.
I snipped a few relevant sections and pasta'd them here...

The Creation Model says that all life forms were created during the same week. The Evolution Model says it took three and a half billion years. What do we find in the deepest layers that contain fossils?—just bacteria. What do we find in the deepest muds today?—just bacteria. What do we find in the fossils just above the bacteria? We find representatives from every one of the Phyla (said “fye-lah”; singular Phylum) of living things, even the vertebrates. The sudden boundary-line of so many living things, with no “missing links” leading up to them, only goes along with the Creation Model—and only goes against the Evolution Model. The data says Darwin is wrong.

The Creation Model says that all of the kinds of living things should stay pretty much the same, up until the time when they might go extinct and then just disappear forever.

The Evolution Model says that all kinds of living things should constantly be changing! That’s how worms turned into us, according to their theory.

They forgot to think about one problem though. Why and how could evolution take one fish and turn it into dinosaurs, birds, rats, elephants, seagulls, turtles, whales, horses, and hummingbirds, and leave the coelacanth totally the same all through this same period of time? There is no answer—except that Darwin is wrong.

Here is another big problem for Darwin-believers. Scientists have discovered preserved bits of the original flesh, blood, and bone of forms of life that the Evolution Model says went extinct—way too long ago for these things to still be around without having petrified into rock first. Such molecules have been verified in the remains of Neanderthal humans, mammoths, moa birds, dinosaurs (t-rex, triceratops, maiasaur), and even creatures that the Evolution Model says should be five times older than the dinosaurs!

Biological molecules like collagen, hemoglobin, and color pigments, should have been rotted away by now if the fossils really are very much older than the time of Noah’s Flood (less than 4400 years ago). But they aren’t—they’re not millions of years old, and they’re not decayed into dust. That’s why they are still around to be discovered. Darwin is wrong about his whole time scale of things, which goes completely against the findings of science truth—and makes evolution a science-fantasy.

http://www.creationtruth.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=196&Itemid=196

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
I have to indulge my OCD for second.

The term is "flash point".
Pretty sure the flash point varies by the type of jet fuel too. So you might be able to throw it on a fire and have it ignite

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Gotta agree with him DonTheTrucker
There is no stopping it with you. Your point of view on most things leaves you standing alone.
It didn't happen this time, aside from a half hearted troll attempt. I'd say my method showed positive results.

Besides, I'm not talking arguments. I'm talking below the belt stuff. I'd say this thread was a smashing success at avoiding that nonsense.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Yeah, nut jobs, move along.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Same old non-scientific attacks against science.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Gotta agree with him DonTheTrucker
There is no stopping it with you. Your point of view on most things leaves you standing alone.
It's not his point of view so much as it is penchant for giving Republicans and conservatives a pass when they make asinine statements or propose ridiculous legislation.

It didn't happen this time, aside from a half hearted troll attempt. I'd say my method showed positive results.

Besides, I'm not talking arguments. I'm talking below the belt stuff. I'd say this thread was a smashing success at avoiding that nonsense.
DonTheTrucker.
Another Successful Smashing®​