Across The Universe (Beatles Based Musical)

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
This was plagued with problems with the director and constant reshoots and re-edits. Anyway, here's the plot

An original musical film, Across The Universe is a fictional love story set in the 1960s amid the turbulent years of anti-war protest, the struggle for free speech and civil rights, mind exploration and rock and roll. At once gritty, whimsical and highly theatrical, the story moves from high schools and universities in Massachusetts, Princeton and Ohio to the Lower East Side of Manhattan, the Detroit riots, Vietnam and the dockyards of Liverpool. A combination of live action and painted and three-dimensional animation, the film is paired with many Beatles songs that defined the time
IMDB Page: http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0445922/

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
Just saw a commercial for this and just stared at the screen. I think it will be a total hit...or a complete disaster.

peewee

Aug 10, 2003
NY
i'll check it out but i am not expecting much

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
Fuck this movie. It would only even be remotely interesting if the music in the movie were the original songs, not some hacky-fuck-faggy-emo remakes.

Anything with a BONO version of "I am the Walrus" deserves IMMEDIATE failure. All workprints should be burned along with any studio executives that decided it would be a good idea to greenlight this shit.

I'm sure it will be a huge hit, though...and a bunch of 13 year old girls are going to wonder how on earth Evan Rachel Woods managed to write "Dear Prudence"

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
Across the Universe

Across the Universe

A romantic musical told mainly through numerous Beatles songs performed by the characters. A young man from Liverpool comes to America during the Vietnam War to find his father. He winds up in Greenwich Village, where he falls in love with an American girl who has grown up sheltered in the suburbs. Together they experience the sweeping changes of America in the late 60's.

Lil'GlubGlub

You may call me Chef Glub
Sep 3, 2004
near philly
I have seen this movie twice. The first time was at a special preview screening 2 weeks ago, with a ton of beatles fans and stoners. It recieved a standing ovation.

I saw it again last night with my gf and there were kids, not even teenagers and a bunch of senior citizens. I was like"great we have both sides of the diaper wearing demographic covered"

The fucking kids were talking and giggling over the language and the nudity in the movie. I lost it and actually yelled "shut up, assholes."

everyone in the theater turned and looked at them. it didn't stop them though. and of course when the ushers came in they were quiet.