Active shooter sought at Washington Navy Yard

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

BIV

One officer shot in both legs.

ironman25dc

A Smug Cunt Who Loves The Cock
7 shot including one DC metropolitan police officer, one Navy Yard security and five others.

ironman25dc

DC Fire & EMS are bringing in people from the training academy to assist with the "mass casualty" team

BIV

How the fuck do you get a gun into a Navy yard? I'm guessing someone in uniform. I wonder if Allah Akbar was yelled.

ironman25dc

EMS teams have been advised there is a need for extra tourniquets at Navy Yard.

ironman25dc

How the fuck do you get a gun into a Navy yard? I'm guessing someone in uniform. I wonder if Allah Akbar was yelled.
I used to live a little less than six blocks from there and ran by it regularly. It's like a college campus, pretty open inside the gate. And, if the shooter is enlisted than it's much easier.

BIV

I used to live a little less than six blocks from there and ran by it regularly. It's like a college campus, pretty open inside the gate. And, if the shooter is enlisted than it's much easier.
Still kinda nuts. They are saying he has an *media filter* AR-15. Can't exactly sneak that in.

ironman25dc

Still kinda nuts. They are saying he has an *media filter* AR-15. Can't exactly sneak that in.
The type of weapon is speculation at the moment.

While I am hearing the shooter is no longer a factor, others infer the shooter is not yet apprehended or down.

BIV

NBC sources say four dead, eight wounded.

ironman25dc

To give some perspective of the size of the Navy Yard, if I remember correctly, it is eight blocks wide and about three blocks deep (ending where the land meets the Anacostia River). It's open like a college campus with a brick wall around the perimeter.

ironman25dc

NBC sources say four dead, eight wounded.
I'm confident in the 10 casualties I posted earlier and expect it to rise. Nothing confirmed on dead as of yet.

It's "not safe" for EMS units to move in yet.

ironman25dc

Two groups of 15 beginning to evacuate the building, none of them are among the injured. Another 5 have evacuated.
Another 10 have evacuated.
None injured in any of these evacuees.

ironman25dc

Reports from the Post that THREE shooters at Navy Yard

BIV

NBC now saying multiple shooters

ironman25dc

Again unconfirmed from a "police spokeswoman" via the Washington Post : Three shooters. One "down". Two active. One dressed in fatigues. One has "long gun"

ironman25dc

This reminds me of those enlisted folks who had a grand plot to overthrow the government with a plan similar to what we're seeing unfold now

Myhairygrundle

Screw you guys, I'm going home.
They really should outlaw guns in DC.

Time until The Kenyan uses the code phrase "gun violence" to metaphor gun control in 3...2...1....

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Witnesses on scene say it's only one shooter...tall black guy. 4 killed, 10 injured.