Actual email to school employees on how to be PC during Christmas, this is real!

Myhairygrundle

Screw you guys, I'm going home.
This came from a friend of mine who works in a school district in the Houston area. I have removed some identifiers, but you get the meat of the memo.

This is why my kids are going to private school. Starts below...

This is an exciting time of the year for our children. Please use the district guidelines provided below as you plan for the coming weeks.

Christmas Observations/Seasonal Decorations

As we approach the holiday season, please remember that the concept of religious neutrality should also be evident in decorations that are placed on, underneath, and near any Christmas trees in your building common areas, in the classrooms, and in any offices. We should not be utilizing any symbols among these seasonal decorations that are generally recognized as religious

Our Christmas activities and programs in the **** schools are seasonal celebrations and not religious observances. If you find it appropriate, you may want to acknowledge other similar observances that are occurring at this same time in the United States and around the world. In any event, our emphasis is on education and not religion. Therefore, your students should enjoy the coming month and proceed with the kinds of Christmas programs, decorations and celebration that are appropriate for our student body.

Each school day is important and all of us have to be certain that the excitement of the Christmas season and the forthcoming holidays do not diminish our effectiveness and responsibility for a strong instructional program those last several days of the final week.

fothermucker

I am thy labyrinth
people enforcing secularism or not favoring a certain religion? GET THE NOOSES OUT

In any event, our emphasis is on education and not religion.
That sounds fine to me..

I mean, overall it's a protective kind of statement. Religion shouldn't be taught in public schools here.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
I'd have to agree. My take on that is to just keep the religion out of it. There was no saying that you can't have a Christmas tree or not have Santa involved at all either.
It could have been far more cunty

Myhairygrundle

Screw you guys, I'm going home.
It's just hard to explain Christmas without religion. Same goes for Hanukkah.

When I was in elementary school, we were mostly WASPS, but the Jew kid would bring a dradle and chocolate coins and we were all ok with it.

I just find it funny to call it a "seasonal celebration" when it's an actual holiday.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
I never knew there were actual **** schools.

As we approach the holiday season, please remember that the concept of religious neutrality should also be evident in decorations that are placed on, underneath, and near any Christmas trees...We should not be utilizing any symbols among these seasonal decorations that are generally recognized as religious

Are those twats at the school that stupid? Do they somehow not know that the Christmas tree is a Christian symbol in and of itself?

So, don't put anything religious around the Christmas trees, but it's fine to put up a Christmas tree. I don't find that to be very politically correct if they are wanting to go by the faggot lefty guide book of pussifying our children and society.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
that letter doesnt bother me a bit, as far as im concerned no decorations would be just fine, keep all religion out of public schools. and that includes bull shit made up kwanza

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
I can't say I really have a problem with this one. I think they just don't want people erecting nativity scenes in public school buildings. A tree, some presents under it, a Santa or two, fine. More overtly religious symbols should be avoided. I don't think any mention of the fact that Christmas is indeed a Christian holiday is being barred here.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Are those twats at the school that stupid? Do they somehow not know that the Christmas tree is a Christian symbol in and of itself?

So, don't put anything religious around the Christmas trees, but it's fine to put up a Christmas tree. I don't find that to be very politically correct if they are wanting to go by the faggot lefty guide book of pussifying our children and society.
I thought the Christmas tree went back to the Pagan ritual celebrating the Yule (in addition to the flaming log).

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
I thought the Christmas tree went back to the Pagan ritual celebrating the Yule (in addition to the flaming log).
ding ding ding!!!!!

We have a winner. YULEtide blessings, the YULE log. Hmm, I wonder where Christians came up with these names? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yule

Hmmm, I wonder where Christians came up with the time of year to celebrate Christmas, considering that Christ was actually born sometime in the spring. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturnalia

Yup, Christmas really is full of Christian tradition

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
ding ding ding!!!!!

We have a winner. YULEtide blessings, the YULE log. Hmm, I wonder where Christians came up with these names? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yule

Hmmm, I wonder where Christians came up with the time of year to celebrate Christmas, considering that Christ was actually born sometime in the spring. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturnalia

Yup, Christmas really is full of Christian tradition
Yes The actual xmas tree tradition was implemented about 300 years ago from Prussian soldiers..
same as easterbunny and the eggs

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
I thought soulja boy invented yule.

YULE!!!

Yes The actual xmas tree tradition was implemented about 300 years ago from Prussian soldiers..
same as easterbunny and the eggs
It's older than that. The Christmas tree is a mixing of religious beliefs from when Germanic tribes were converted to Christianity. They kept the celebration with the tree and applied it to Christmas.

I don't know about Prussian soldiers starting anything with a tree in the 1700s. It's a tradition from ye oldern days of the medieval era.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
I remember having to "dumb" this stuff down for my first graders when I taught religious education a few years ago.

The Roman pagans celebrated the winter solstice around December 25. When they began being converted to Christianity, the emperor Constantine the Great decided to permanently celebrate Christ's birth to that date in order to not confuse the Roman converts. This was around 325 A.D.

http://www.didyouknow.cd/xmas/xmashistory.htm