Adam Carolla apologizes for 'Homophobic Remarks'

justifyyourgarb

You drab South Bend cocksuckers are all the same.
Mar 15, 2007
Adam Carolla, once billed in ads for his KLSX radio show as an "American Genius," can't be feeling all that smart right now.

The former Loveline cohost uncorked some unkind comments about the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender community on his The Adam Carolla Show podcast last week, and is now offering up an apology...of sorts.

But before we get to that, here's some of what he had to say...

"When did we start giving a s--t about [transgender] people?"

Ouch! And that's not all.

The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD), who has called the radio personality out on his homophobic rant, gives a good summary of what led up to that comment:

"In his rant, he also told LGBT people to 'shut up' because they are 'ruining his life' by speaking out about equality. He went on to say that members of the LGBT community should stop using the letters 'LGBT' to describe themselves, and should instead use 'YUCK.'"

We can see why an apology was necessary.

"I'm sorry my comments were hurtful. That being said, I'm a comedian, not a politician," he tweeted.

Sadly, this wasn't the first time something like this happened.

Carolla has given himself quite the reputation of bashing the gay community after saying gay parents are "not as good as" straight parents on Loveline two years ago.

So what now? Well, GLAAD isn't ready to let this one slide.

"Given his history of antigay and racist comments, networks and advertisers should know what their money is supporting if they choose to hire Adam Carolla," said Herndon Graddick, Senior Director of Programs at GLAAD. "The gross intolerance that he tries to pass off as comedy should not have a place on our airwaves."
Why do gay people get lumped in with trannys?
I don't understand why they are to be accepted, rather than be told how awful it is to cut your dick off, or add one. It's like the ultimate form of self hate.

I wonder if Carolla will go on the Tracy Morgan Apology Tour (I doubt it).

djeter220

User that is Registered.
May 17, 2007
This dumb fuck Graddick is basically saying "Advertisers should know they're supporting a man who doesn't accept those who willingly alter their genitals and abandon their natural-born gender." Christ. These "things" don't deserve to be personally or individually mistreated but the fact they can't get why people dont understand them makes them just as ignorant as anyone else.

cigarsandscotch

Smoke and drink up.
Jan 13, 2005
Middletown NJ
Weird.....I always had Carolla pegged as being a faggot himself. He apologized.....for a remark made on podcast. I guess I was right.

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
Well I just unsubscribed from the Adam Carolla podcast. If you apologize, you lose my support.

cigarsandscotch

Smoke and drink up.
Jan 13, 2005
Middletown NJ
Well I just unsubscribed from the Adam Carolla podcast. If you apologize, you lose my support.

Wait until you see what we do tonight on UnLEARN. We just happened to pick #GayOlympicEvents for our "Tends that Offend" segment. We will have so "doosies" tonight at 7PM on The Unlearn Show, www.unlearn.tv

shwoogie

You mad cuz I'm stylin' on you
Jun 2, 2004
Dracut, MA
Yeah it's not like O&A ever gave forced apologies.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
Tracy Morgan really empowered these pieces of shit, and Carolla should just take them down a peg. They don't have the kind of pull they think they have.

Carolla shouldn't just refuse to give in, he should call the actual people behind GLAAD out by name, point out what power hungry cunts they are. Sarah Silverman and Louis CK are both great examples of comics who just hit back. Louis on O&A against stupid Bill Donahue of course, and Sarah Silverman has a history of these, where she'll do a whole media tour just to embarrass and ridicule the actual people behind these groups.

I think Carolla's would be especially good at doing that. He's buddies with Kimmel, he should go on his show and at least launch a warning shot at this fucker. Make him feel what it's like to be personally attacked in public.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Anyone who apologizes for "homophobic remarks" is a faggot.

nikoloslvy

I wear my sunglasses at night...Anyone want fries?
Donator
May 5, 2003
am i mistaken or did he pull an andey levy?

edit: oh i thought he said truthful not hurtful.