Adam Carolla getting shit for telling the truth.

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
Link

Adam Carolla: Female comedy writers 'always the least funny'

The trouble started for comedian/radio host/recent "Celebrity Apprentice" contestant Adam Carolla in a recent interview with The New York Post.

In a conversation about his new book, "Not Taco Bell Material," he expounded upon an apparent lesson to "not hire chicks," which the Post says he learned "from a sexual harassment seminar."

"They make you hire a certain number of chicks, and they’re always the least funny on the writing staff," Carolla said. "The reason why you know more funny dudes than funny chicks is that dudes are funnier than chicks. If my daughter has a mediocre sense of humor, I’m just gonna tell her, 'Be a staff writer for a sitcom. Because they’ll have to hire you, they can’t really fire you, and you don’t have to produce that much. It’ll be awesome.'"

The remarks, reminiscent of comments made by "Two and a Half Men" co-creator Lee Aronsohn, continued:

"When it comes to comedy, of course there’s Sarah Silverman, Tina Fey, Kathy Griffin — super-funny chicks. But if you’re playing the odds? No. If Joy Behar or Sherri Shepherd was a dude, they’d be off TV. They’re not funny enough for dudes."

The reaction on Twitter was pretty swift, and pretty negative.

Among the ones we can print here, "Girls" creator and star Lena Dunham joked, "Wait, Adam Carolla, is he the one who did the voice of the parrot in Aladdin??? He makes me giggle."

Actor John Ross Bowie, of "The Big Bang Theory" and "Childrens Hospital" tweeted, "Adam Carolla saying women aren't funny is like cancer saying women aren't funny."

Gareth Simpson got over 1,000 retweets by writing, "I disagree with Adam Carolla when he says women aren’t funny, but to be fair he has a lot more experience of not being funny than I do."

Carolla's only tweet on the matter so far has been, "I'm trending above Jerry Sandusky, thanks heroes."

Oddly enough, the comedians mentioned in Carolla's remarks have yet to tweet or comment.

Perhaps their views align with FX and former MTV host Dave Holmes, who tweeted, "Why are we ruining our perfect not caring what Adam Carolla thinks streak?"
Fuck you, faggots. Carolla is right. The odds against a particular person, male or female, being funny are pretty high. But the odds are a LOT higher for women than it is for men. It just is. Are there really funny women? Of course. And for every one of them I can name 4-5 guys who are as funny.

Carlin and Pryor are the top two comics in history to most people. Now name the next 5. Cosby? Rock? Woody Allen, according to some? Louis? Hicks? Murphy? Steve Martin? Robin Williams? Rodney?

Now name a woman that has a prayer of breaking into that crowd. Maybe, maybe, maybe Joan Rivers or Roseanne. And that's giving them a LOT of vag points.

Fuck even Comedy Central's tragically flawed "100 Greatest Comics Of All Time" list only has nine women on the list and they were scrounging pretty damned hard to get some of the tail end of those nine on there.

I know I'm preaching to the choir on Wackbag, but holy FUCK what's wrong with people saying that men are a lot funnier than women, by and large? I mean, yeah, Chyna could beat the shit out of the average guy, but guys are stronger than women as a whole. What the fuck is wrong with admitting that?

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
I agree. I hate that we can't admit certain things and the dishonesty.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
Lena Dunham joked, "Wait, Adam Carolla, is he the one who did the voice of the parrot in Aladdin??? He makes me giggle."
Was she trying to say Adam reminds her of Gilbert? Way to prove that broads aren't funny.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
And Carolla isn't exactly cutting edge or high-brow comedy either. I think he's decent enough to be where he's at, and I really liked him a lot with Dr. Drew, but I don't really see why people should give a shit what he thinks.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
Easy. Because in today's PC dominated pop culture, saying that anyone is better at anything in general when it comes to sex, race, whatever, is automatically going to be shouted down or labeled a racist/sexist/bigot/homophobe regardless of the actual facts or reality. That's just the way things are. Adam should've been aware if he wasn't already of the knee-jerk "outrage" to his observation.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
Good for him. He's making headlines for telling people stuff they already know (even if they won't admit it).

And I enjoyed the part about telling his daughter to be a sitcom writer. That's just sound career advice.

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
Once again "feelings" win over the truth.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
Nothing angers me quite like Twitter based reporting.

VMS

Apr 26, 2006
Nothing angers me quite like Twitter based reporting.
There is something disgustingly lazy and pointless about it. It's pure Man On The Street reporting, but without actually getting out of your cubicle and with a giant bias towards celebrities. And celebrities are routinely some of the dumbest people around.

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
There is something disgustingly lazy and pointless about it. It's pure Man On The Street reporting, but without actually getting out of your cubicle and with a giant bias towards celebrities. And celebrities are routinely some of the dumbest people around.
It's like the "I have a mic, therefore I'm an expert" bit. Just because you're on twitter, doesn't validate your stupid opinion. We still have any pests in here?

GrammatonCleric

Nov 19, 2008
Those dumbasses they quoted, just proved why they, their viewpoint, and most chicks are a black hole for funny.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I'll even disagree with Adam that Tina Fey and Sarah Silverman are funny. They're not.

It's obviously possible for women to be funny, but the ones named in that article aren't.

VMS

Apr 26, 2006
I'll even disagree with Adam that Tina Fey and Sarah Silverman are funny. They're not.

It's obviously possible for women to be funny, but the ones named in that article aren't.
Eh. They're "industry funny". They work for network execs and critics in NYC and LA, but they flop everywhere else.

Hitchens put it pretty well.

jules

uppity taxpayer
Jul 24, 2005
south jersey
And Carolla isn't exactly cutting edge or high-brow comedy either. I think he's decent enough to be where he's at, and I really liked him a lot with Dr. Drew, but I don't really see why people should give a shit what he thinks.
i listened to the interview he did with howard last week, and really liked him alot, and he is kind of cutting edge because he isnt afraid to say shit like this. imo he is right, most 'funny' women arent funny at all.

jules

uppity taxpayer
Jul 24, 2005
south jersey

very good point
100% accurate

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
Amy schumer, that's it. I've seen her do stand up, she's funny as shit. Don't know many writers besides dave attell that's done a good amount of writing.

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
Actor John Ross Bowie, of "The Big Bang Theory"
Probably upset because he, much like the other "men" on that show, longs to be a chick.

VMS

Apr 26, 2006
Probably upset because he, much like the other "men" on that show, longs to be a chick.
I looked him up. He's not even a regular cast member- he's a recurring character.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
I've probably laughed out loud at something said by a woman less than 10 times in my life. And never anything close to one of those laughs where it hurts and tears flow. I doubt that level of funny is even possible for a broad.