Adaware 2007 final release

KakTheInfected

Seems awful buggy to me. Crashed after a full scan and the menus are slow...

i still got the older release but its the pro version so yea, thanks for the info though.

highway23

I miss NY wings
since I've had Firefox, I haven't needed this. In fact, I remember uninstalling it and never missed it. Good program though.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
I've used this program for years, along with Spybot S&D, and Microsoft Defender. All of them always seem to find stuff, even if I run them in succession.

Bobobie

Anti-Spyware programs are kind of pointless now. Once you're infected, it's almost impossible to get rid of it. It's like cancer cells hiding all over your system. You can only format and start over.

Nothing Sound

Riding the Biggest Wave
Anti-Spyware programs are kind of pointless now. Once you're infected, it's almost impossible to get rid of it. It's like cancer cells hiding all over your system. You can only format and start over.
That's not even close to being true.

While they have become sneakier and tougher to detect, it's almost always fixable. Unless it's a system running a 5 year old install of windows, IE, kazaa, and no protection, that's the only time it might just be in your best interest to reformat.

That said, Firefox + Adblock + Ad-aware + common sense + High IE security settings just in case should keep you very protected now a days. Screw firewalls and anti-virus, they just restrict too much and take up resources.

Deadbent

You can go fuck.
That's not even close to being true.
Agreed, not even close to being true.

But I can't argue the fact that a thorough spyware scan/sweep/cleaning takes longer than a fresh install of my operating system on a formatted partition.

blazin

I tried adaware 07 the other day. It didnt find the infection the computer I was working on had.... In fact, NONE of them did...except Kaspersky.

Not impressed.

I tried adaware 07 the other day. It didnt find the infection the computer I was working on had.... In fact, NONE of them did...except Kaspersky.

Not impressed.
It's not a full blown virus/trojan scanner, it focuses on spyware and browser hijacks.