Add Dyke and Faggot to the banned list

Lunchbox420

The Kenny Powers of Wackbag
http://www.marketingymedios.com/mar...article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003588199

Radio Played by Different Rules
DJ Luis Jiménez was suspended in May, but that may not mean a fall out such as in the general market.
May 21, 2007
By Jackie Madrigal

At a time when DJs are under close scrutiny — fueled by the Don Imus firing and the more recent suspension of XM Satellite Radio's shock jocks Opie and Anthony — it seems even Hispanic radio will have to adapt.

Earlier this month Univision Radio personality Luis Jiménez, whose The Luis Jiménez Show can be heard in top Hispanic markets such as Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco and Dallas, was suspended for using "inappropriate comments" against gays.

But that may not mean a fall out such as in the general market.

"DJs in the Hispanic market have a lot of power and influence, and the Hispanic consumer/listener has a personal relationship with them," said Leticia Juarez, Castells & Asociados Advertising director of media. "They will support and listen."

Not so said Jiménez's new boss, which immediately suspended the DJ for 30 days.

The infraction occurred May 1, when Jiménez and his co-hosts performed a song during his show called "Las Patas" ("The Dykes"), and introduced a gay character "Chef Pepín," saying to him, "Cállate pato" ("Shut up, faggot").

While no one is excusing Jiménez's actions, it's worth noting that the word "pato" means "duck" and has a homophobic undertone to Puerto Ricans and Dominicans. And like "pato" hundreds of words in Spanish can be offensive to one group of Latinos and completely innocuous to another.

But Mónica Taher, GLAAD people of color media strategy director, said the organization has a Spanish-language media program and staff that understands the cultural differences and singularities of the pejoratives used by DJs. While it's understood that "pato" may not mean anything to some Latino communities, "that should not be an excuse to allow a person with so much power, and who is behind the mic, to refer to Puerto Rican and Dominican gay men with that pejorative," she said.

Jiménez's suspension may not even mean immediate action by marketers. If advertisers pull out, Castells' Juarez said, it's possible they will "opt to move their dollars to other dayparts while things get resolved, but not off the station."

Wasn't DJ Luis Jiménez an intern on the Ramone & Frrrrrrunkis show before their little "incident" back in 1983?

Oppoman

The Douche of Baggery
And like "pato" hundreds of words in Spanish can be offensive to one group of Latinos and completely innocuous to another.

Ummm...that same thing can be said about the word cunt. It's offensive to some and innocuous to others.

Plunkies

And like "pato" hundreds of words in Spanish can be offensive to one group of Latinos and completely innocuous to another.

Ummm...that same thing can be said about the word cunt. It's offensive to some and innocuous to others.
Only cunts are offended by the word cunt and only faggots are offended by the word faggot, that's just how these things work.

HateMyName

Functioning Psychotic

You may not have meant that as a valid point, but it's very true. In the UK it's just a dirty word, not "the c bomb". Remember when Denis Leary was on the show and explained that his Irish parents say "cunt" all the time? He didn't even realize it was a no-no word until he said it to a girl in high school.

alt130

Frunkis.net
If this is how it's going to be, I hope it just continues on until nobody can do shit but timechecks and light rock. It will serve us all right for allowing these whining children to control the media.

You may not have meant that as a valid point, but it's very true. In the UK it's just a dirty word, not "the c bomb". Remember when Denis Leary was on the show and explained that his Irish parents say "cunt" all the time? He didn't even realize it was a no-no word until he said it to a girl in high school.
Haha, I bet his face is still sore.

It's so sad... these words only have meaning because the "victim" gives it power. If cunts and n****rs and faggots didn't give a fuck, it wouldn't matter anymore. Of course, it would also take some of the fun out of them, but regardless they have all the power in the world to put an end to it without trying to take over our lives.

DoucheSatchel

Get a job sparkling wiggle
Well...now that the illegals are getting their radio sanitized we may actually see some action on this issue...after all their rights are really what's important in America...

Lunchbox420

The Kenny Powers of Wackbag
Well...now that the illegals are getting their radio sanitized we may actually see some action on this issue...after all their rights are really what's important in America...

:clap: Ding ding ding give this man a prize

At a time when DJs are under close scrutiny — fueled by the Don Imus firing and the more recent suspension of XM Satellite Radio's shock jocks Opie and Anthony — it seems even Hispanic radio will have to adapt
Were they exempt before because spics cant be racist?

alt130

Frunkis.net
:clap: Ding ding ding give this man a prize

Probably more that nobody outside of their community had a clue or gave a shit what they were talking about. But now it's on.

HateMyName

Functioning Psychotic
I'd be surprised if more than one person on the FCC understands Spanish. It's not that they are afraid to censor Hispanic radio, it's that they have no idea what is being said.
Same goes for that annoying group that has people send form emails to complain about shows they're never seen or heard.

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Mónica Taher, GLAAD people of color media strategy director

What the fuck is this??!!! I cringe when I see somebody with a title so long it almost deserves it's own sentence. All it's missing is a "Midwestern Regional Associate Executive Vice President" in there somewhere.

alt130

Frunkis.net
What the fuck is this??!!! I cringe when I see somebody with a title so long it almost deserves it's own sentence. All it's missing is a "Midwestern Regional Associate Executive Vice President" in there somewhere.
And anyone with an accent in their name is an ass.

How much work can there be for someone whose focus is black faggots anyway? No wonder she has time to troll for this shit.

GLENN_THE_TOOL

The reward is cheese.
i guess speaking in a different language can no longer protect them either. i've heard the spics have been getting away with murder on the radio for years.

Oppoman

The Douche of Baggery
Yah, that's exactly how I meant it. It's just another one of those "what offends you doesn't offend everybody" things. I just found it funny that they took the time to print it that pato only affects certain people, yet every other supposed offensive word isn't given that same justice.

I happen to speak mexican,and as far as I know "pato" means duck and nothing else.I even knew a guy in Juarez whose nickname was Pato,and he was NOT gay.

Blu Swade

Vajayjay lover!
QFT! As an Irishman living in the states i I'm always atonished at the reaction to the word cunt. It always has and will be one of my favorites and have even started to introduce people to the many varied and fun uses of the word. There agin I come from a family who don't believe your drunk till your lying face down unconscious in a pool of your own vomit.

vcdburn

Jimmy's shaved sack
Sounds like something that website I saw on that billboard would be interested in...What was that site?

Deebomber

Orginal son of Hoboken.
I happen to speak mexican,and as far as I know "pato" means duck and nothing else.I even knew a guy in Juarez whose nickname was Pato,and he was NOT gay.
Dude I speak Puerto Rican were like hefe's.

poopiebottoms

Sparkling Wiggles Lover
QFT! As an Irishman living in the states i I'm always atonished at the reaction to the word cunt. It always has and will be one of my favorites and have even started to introduce people to the many varied and fun uses of the word. There agin I come from a family who don't believe your drunk till your lying face down unconscious in a pool of your own vomit.
Well, that's when you're drunk. If you can still stand, you can still order another pint.:p