Afghanistan Heroin Bust: 23 Tons Of Heroin, Morphine Seized

Dec 8, 2004
Maine

In this Wednesday, Dec. 19, 2012 file photo, Afghan security police stand in front of a pile of confiscated drugs and alcohol during a burning ceremony in Jalalabad, east of Kabul, Afghanistan. (AP Photo/Rahmat Gul, File)

KABUL, Afghanistan -- Afghan officials say counternarcotics teams have seized roughly 23 tons of heroin and morphine and other chemicals in a helicopter raid.

They say the bust on Monday was the largest so far this year.

The raid commander, General Abdul Khalil Bahktyar, said in a news conference Tuesday that helicopter-borne commandos raided a facility in the Sherzad district of Nangarhar province east of Kabul. They seized drugs and large quantities of chemicals such as ammonium chloride, which are used in the manufacture of illicit narcotics.

Bahktyar says the massive haul was the latest of 210 raids this year in which his commandos had arrested more than 190 suspects. He said the drugs were destroyed burned at the scene and six drug labs dismantled.
Link

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
A few years back I read a story that quoted a drug warlord stating they had a shit ton of surplus dope stored. Something about keeping the market stable.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
It was a paste, not a finished product.

I'm sure they didn't get the new labs. Just the old toxic waste sites ones.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
I started itching just reading the thread title

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
Dec 28, 2008
Constant sate of misery
It was a paste, not a finished product.

I'm sure they didn't get the new labs. Just the old toxic waste sites ones.
According to the Kings of Cocaine book I'm reading they would refine it into the powder in Colombia. They would only ship if they knew they had enough in reserve. They did this to control the market as well as insure that if they lost a load they could replace it easily in the next shipment.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
According to the Kings of Cocaine book I'm reading they would refine it into the powder in Colombia. They would only ship if they knew they had enough in reserve. They did this to control the market as well as insure that if they lost a load they could replace it easily in the next shipment.
even then its still not "finished" till gets stepped on. pure cocaine and heroin arent powdery till they get stepped on. they have a sticky paste like consistency

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
What an Afghanistan heroine bust might look like: