African-American Dressed In KKK Hood On Street Corner Sparks Controversy In Philadelphia

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
African-American Dressed In KKK Hood On Street Corner Sparks Controversy In Philadelphia

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) –In 2013, no one expects to see a man dressed in a Ku Klux Clan robe mid-morning in Center City, Philadelphia.
“I think that’s nonsense,” said one woman on the street.
“He needs to be committed to the jail system,” said another onlooker.
The man, who stood on the corner of 13th and Filbert on Tuesday, is not out to lynch or kill black people. In fact, he is black.
Thirty-five-year-old Sixx King says he’s using the offensive symbol to highlight a serious problem: black on black crime.
“We’re bringing awareness to the black hypocrisy, complacency and apathy in the African-American community,” said King.
According to the FBI, in 2011 more than 7,000 black people were killed. King’s sign reads that the KKK killed 3,446 blacks in 86 years, while black on black murders surpass that number every six months.
“All my anger for my ancestors who went through that terror of a Ku Klux Klan hood and what that symbolizes to me, evoked anger,” said Philadelphia Councilman Curtis Jones Jr. “I was angry!”
Councilman Jones took a picture of what he witnessed and posted it on Facebook. Hundreds have shared the image, and the comments were mixed.
“You have to sit back and digest his message,” said Jones. “Sit back and understand the mother who was carrying the picture of her child. It’s not a statistic. It’s a human being with a name who will be missed.”
“He was an exceptional football athlete,” said Javes Phelps-Washington. “He was in his second year in college. He was a good kid.”
Phelps-Washington rallied with King. Her son, Christopher, was among the 324 murdered in Philadelphia in 2011. Police say 85% of those killed that year were black.
Phelps-Washington is part of a documentary King recently produced about black on black crime.
King told me he didn’t intend to offend anyone. When asked if he thinks standing on the corner in a KKK outfit will really make a difference, King said, “I don’t think it will stop someone from killing. But hopefully, it would make that person think.”
“I don’t agree with that symbolization,” said Jones. “But you can’t ignore the message, so I support what he did.”

For more information on how you can get involved and be a part of the solution, check out one of these organizations:
jarellcseaylalf.org
www.mothersincharge.org
www.thecharlesfoundation.com
www.sultanjihadahmadfoundation.org
www.heedinggodscall.org
www.phillyyouthpoets.org

Last edited by a moderator:

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Nah. He's black. All will be forgiven and they''ll move on.
Mayor McNuttjob will see to it. That's why I moved out years ago.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
“He needs to be committed to the jail system,” said another onlooker.
The black guy wears a sheet to call attention to an issue most people would rather ignore and this other cunt wants him arrested.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
Get used to nothing being done about it. Same as obesity vs gun deaths. One far outweighs (punny!) the other every year, year after year. Guess which one gets far more attention?

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I haven't been able to find my robes since I moved. Now I know where they ended up.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
I haven't been able to find my robes since I moved. Now I know where they ended up.
I told you to just give your new address when you get there and id have a fresh set over-nighted to you with the appropriate local chapter patches to put on

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Do you get merit badges? The burning cross badge, the wind chimes badge, asphalt skiing badge....

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
Do you get merit badges? The burning cross badge, the wind chimes badge, asphalt skiing badge....
.....youll have to join and find out

UCJOE

I have a lot of business with the Chinese
Mar 7, 2009
NJ
According to the FBI, in 2011 more than 7,000 black people were killed. King’s sign reads that the KKK killed 3,446 blacks in 86 years, while black on black murders surpass that number every six months

:)