After falsely imprisoned for r@pe: Brian Banks gets signed by the Atlanta Falcons

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162...ated-in-****-case-signs-with-atlanta-falcons/
or
http://tinyurl.com/burgulg

Brian Banks, football player exonerated in **** case, signs with Atlanta Falcons

ATLANTA Brian Banks said signing with the Atlanta Falcons is his second-biggest accomplishment.
The biggest was Banks' exoneration of **** charges one year ago.
Banks, 27, signed with the Falcons on Wednesday, giving him an opportunity he said he did not believe would be possible when he spent five years in prison and five years on probation following his conviction of **** and kidnapping charges a decade ago.
"I felt at the time in order for me to exit prison with a sane mind and be able to just function as a person I had to let go of certain dreams and goals I once held in life, football being one of them," Banks said.
Banks said he "couldn't have asked for a better place to be" than with the Falcons.
"I can't believe this is happening," he said. "It's surreal."

Banks was a 16-year-old junior and had made a verbal commitment to sign with Southern Cal when Wanetta Gibson, a Long Beach Poly high school classmate, accused him of the ****.
Gibson recanted her claim and offered to help Banks clear his name after he was out of prison. That helped lead to the conviction being overturned by a California court and Banks' record cleared on May 12, 2012.
Banks' original defense attorney, Elizabeth Harris, declined to talk to "60 Minutes" as did Gibson, who has not returned the money she won in a lawsuit.
Banks said he read every book he could find while in prison and also learned to value every opportunity.
"It's almost impossible to explain, the feeling of not having freedom, to be stripped away of your freedom, of your dignity, the respect you once had," he said. "To lose it all and watch the world pass you by as you sit inside a prison cell, knowing you shouldn't be there, knowing you're there because of another person's lies, to lose it all and then get it all back, it's a very humbling, spiritual feeling that you just don't want to take anything for granted.

"I've had the opportunity to see both sides of the human spirit. ... My journey has been crazy but my journey has been a learning experience that is unlike any other."
The 6-foot-2, 250-pound Banks will be given an opportunity to win a spot on the team at inside linebacker. He met with Falcons coach Mike Smith at the team's facility Wednesday.
"I had a really amazing one-on-one conversation with him," Banks said. "He congratulated me and said he was happy for me to be here but this was just the beginning of a long road to making that next step and making that 53-man roster. We both agreed that I don't expect any handouts or any favoritism. I'm here to work like everybody else and the result of my hard work will be whatever they deem necessary.
"All I can do is my best and however the turnout will be, I thank God for the opportunity."
Banks will participate in Atlanta's offseason workouts, which begin on April 22.

The Falcons are the first NFL team to sign Banks, but he has had chances with other teams. He took part in the Seattle Seahawks' minicamp last June following workouts with Kansas City and San Diego. He had one tackle in two games with Las Vegas Locomotives of the United Football League (UFL).
Banks also worked out for the Falcons before the 2012 season.
"We had a chance to work him out last year and have been monitoring his progress since then," said Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff in a statement released by the team. "He has worked extremely hard for this chance over the last year and he has shown us that he is prepared for this opportunity. We are happy that Brian will have a chance to live out his dream of playing in the NFL and we look forward to seeing him on the field."
Banks has become a spokesman for the California Innocence Project, which works to exonerate the wrongly accused.
He said he is working with producer James Moll on a documentary about his story. He said publishing companies are interested in a book.
After signing with the Falcons, Banks tweeted his appreciation to the team:
© 2013 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.
The whore won a $1.5M lawsuit, I think she actually got about $750k, and won't fucking return it?

This bitch needs to get gangr@ped for real. No consequences.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Ironically, he's gotten really good at rape after spending time in prison.

VMS

Apr 26, 2006
Ironically, he's gotten really good at rape after spending time in prison.
Well, yeah. Prison is all about rehabilitation: he needed to learn a skill for the outside world, right?

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Well, yeah. Prison is all about rehabilitation: he needed to learn a skill for the outside world, right?
He can ether a girl in 0.8 seconds. Surely a future rape hall-of-famer.

ScarletNumber

Feb 26, 2013
To be fair, he wasn't falsely imprisoned because

1) he is black, so he did SOMETHING wrong

2) he pled nolo contendere to the charges

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
To be fair, he wasn't falsely imprisoned because

1) he is black, so he did SOMETHING wrong

2) he pled nolo contendere to the charges

To be fair he was pressured into accepting the charges for fear he would be gone for a really long time. This whore should be in jail considering he has a confession on tape that she made everything up. Oh and she spent the money I am sure.

Good for him. I saw his story on Hbo real sports or 60 minutes, I cant remember which.

Gorilla Pimp

Popped a molly i'm sweatin, WOO
Nov 2, 2009
Mobile, AL
"L.A. prosecutors have said they have no plans to charge her with making false accusations, saying it would be a tough case to prove."

They have tape of the bitch saying she lied.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Make her official cum dumpster for the whole team as restitution.

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
"L.A. prosecutors have said they have no plans to charge her with making false accusations, saying it would be a tough case to prove."

They have tape of the bitch saying she lied.

That cant be true because I watched the story and he had hidden cameras and specifically asked her if she made up the story and she said yes. Unless I was drunk and it was a reenactment. The story showed him having had a scholarship to USC and that Pete invited him to try out for the Seahawks.

Oops I thought you put they dont have tape of her saying she lied, sorry. The prosecutors are morons or maybe they dont want to go after her because she is a minority. Either way it is bullshit.

Gorilla Pimp

Popped a molly i'm sweatin, WOO
Nov 2, 2009
Mobile, AL
That cant be true because I watched the story and he had hidden cameras and specifically asked her if she made up the story and she said yes. Unless I was drunk and it was a reenactment. The story showed him having had a scholarship to USC and that Pete invited him to try out for the Seahawks.
I've read a bunch of shit about it. I just don't understand how she isn't in jail.... And I think I saw the same thing you're talking about, Real sports on HBO or whatever.

VMS

Apr 26, 2006
If the tape was made without her knowledge, depending on the state's laws about secret recordings it may or may not he admissable in court.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA

They have tape of the bitch saying she lied
Los Angeles has the dumbest prosecutors of any major American city.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
If the tape was made without her knowledge, depending on the state's laws about secret recordings it may or may not he admissible in court.
Los Angeles has the dumbest prosecutors of any major American city.

Prositutors like solid wins. The losses get them shit from bosses.

ScarletNumber

Feb 26, 2013
To be fair he was pressured into accepting the charges for fear he would be gone for a really long time. This whore should be in jail considering he has a confession on tape that she made everything up. Oh and she spent the money I am sure.

Good for him. I saw his story on Hbo real sports or 60 minutes, I cant remember which.
It was on 60 Minutes two weeks ago.