Against Me!

BravoSierra

Why do people keep calling me?
Jun 27, 2005
Berkeley, CA
Anyone listening to these guys? I heard them on Ethel the other day so I decided to download their shit. I'm blown away by them. They KINDA sound like Flogging Molly or something but really have their own sound. I played them at work the other day and the coworkers loved it.. and people typically hate my music. It's good biking music anyways.

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey
Anyone listening to these guys? I heard them on Ethel the other day so I decided to download their shit. I'm blown away by them. They KINDA sound like Flogging Molly or something but really have their own sound. I played them at work the other day and the coworkers loved it.. and people typically hate my music. It's good biking music anyways.
I saw them last year with Alkaline Trio, at the time I had never heard of them. They were really good live. I really wouldn't know how to describe them either. Kind of like Dropkick Murphys when they do sing-along type songs.

FMDoug

Nov 29, 2005
Their new album New Wave is really good. I would say they are a political punk band but they have a hint of plain rock. I don't hear flogging or dropkick though. If anything, I would say they sound like the clash without the reggae or r and b.

They deserve alot more play then they have

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
The 'format' of their songs (that I've heard) are very much alike. Slow, speed, slow... just noticed a pattern. I hate that when it comes to bands like nickelback.

Good stuff tho.. also heard they kick ass live. Shoulda grabbed tickets for Starland, but I had other plans.

atxklown

Will you do me a Kindness
Jan 26, 2004
Austin TX
I caught them back 3 yrs ago at SXSW, Don't lose Touch has to be my fave that got me hooked.

C

CoolHand

they have been one of the few groups who make me look at my display and say hey who is this is???

nator76

shitting where your eating
Jun 27, 2006
they have been one of the few groups who make me look at my display and say hey who is this is???
exactly, ive been listening to them for 2 months, i am 25 years and they just struck a chord with me, they hit the void that has been there, slow...speed...slow is pretty accurate...sooooooo fuckin catchy, and i love it. been around for a long time from what i read.

atxklown

Will you do me a Kindness
Jan 26, 2004
Austin TX
and bythe time you found out about them, their hardcore listeners are already calling them sellouts.

But still pre and post they've got a good sound.

Evilton

Why do black people call each other "Monica"?
Oct 1, 2006
Fuck them. They are fags that hate playing there own stuff.

May 14, 2004
Bum Fuck WV
Their older stuff is real good. I'm not into the newest CD all that much. Put on a great show though.