Air Fryers?

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
I have the convection fan thingy in my oven, so can’t I accomplish the air frying that way? It just blows hot air around the foods right?

Oh, and Instant Pot shits on air fryer.

Kneel before Instant Pot.

NotSoFast

I have the convection fan thingy in my oven, so can’t I accomplish the air frying that way? It just blows hot air around the foods right?

A normal convection oven blows a little air just to keep it circulating. An air fryer has a high speed fan directly over the food, really circulating the air quickly. Think a hair dryer on high and 400 degrees. I did potato chips in mine and once they got crispy, I could hear them clanging around inside.

I tried "oven frying" chicken before and it's not nearly the same. Even in a convection oven.

ysr50

Donator
Oh hello fellow sign guy.
I used to make signs, screen printing, vinyl and big acrylic sign faces. I was a dumb teenager but I could trim cap faster than any of the ethnics in the shop. Me and the owner of the shops son, who also "worked" there would try to outdo each other with the quality of weed we could obtain. One day I looked around and realized I was wasting my time and just walked out and never looked back.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Donator
I used to make signs, screen printing, vinyl and big acrylic sign faces. I was a dumb teenager but I could trim cap faster than any of the ethnics in the shop. Me and the owner of the shops son, who also "worked" there would try to outdo each other with the quality of weed we could obtain. One day I looked around and realized I was wasting my time and just walked out and never looked back.
I work in design and engineering. I hate the business but it pays really well.

NotSoFast

I'm production and installation. Just me and the owner. Real small shop in a small town.

maz

TRueWDTer
You faggots are making this thread gay

Air fryed some wings
Coated with House Autry-Texas Pete coating
2 - 15 minute intervals with a few stirs
They look and smell pretty good
Still haven't read the instructions on the fryer

Ballbuster1

Cute I am.
Wackbag Staff

InstaPot is great but it's a different kind of cooking.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
I just ordered the Oster French door counter top oven last night. It's a bit higher than yours. It'll do a 16" pizza in it.
Fuck that French faggot. I returned mine the first time the spring-loaded 400° doors snapped back on my wrist. And no, it won't do an actual 16" pizza. Not unless you don't mind melting/burning sauce and cheese rubbing up against the walls. It's absolutely not 16" wide. It also had electronic controls that were an abomination for all kinds of reasons. And it cooked really unevenly (back of the pizza burnt before the front was done).

That being said, I replaced it with the same size Oster model but with a normal door and dial controls for half the price, and a year later it's still great. And no uneven heating issues. But fuck those lying cunts for selling an oven claiming it can cook two 16" pizzas at once when the interior is just a bit over 15" wide. You had one job!

ruckstande

Donator
I still don't know what I'd cook with an Instapot. Is it a super crock pot? Does it make just hot wet food?

Creasy Bear

Donator
I still don't know what I'd cook with an Instapot. Is it a super crock pot? Does it make just hot wet food?
It's a high-tech pressure cooker that's made from space-age polymers, and runs on dilithium crystals.

It's a pressure cooker that cooks like a crock pot, but 5 times faster.

And, unlike an air fryer, you don't need to damn your immortal soul to Satan's eternal pits of Hellfire in order to make delicious food with an Instant Pot.

ruckstande

Donator
It's a high-tech pressure cooker that's made from space-age polymers, and runs on dilithium crystals.

It's a pressure cooker that cooks like a crock pot, but 5 times faster.

And, unlike an air fryer, you don't need to damn your immortal soul to Satan's eternal pits of Hellfire in order to make delicious food with an Instant Pot.
So it's wet food.

NotSoFast

It doesn't cook food instantly. False advertising. FALSE ADVERTISING!!!

Creasy Bear

Donator
What's so good about dry food? Who likes dry food? Edgar? Mouth is all dry, likes the dry food.

Oh, and I've done dry rub baby backs in the Instant Pot that were wonderful. Fall-off-the-bone tender in 40 minutes. Like a murkle... and not carrying an unholy curse of unleashed ancient evil like food cooked in a voodoo air fryer.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I have an insta pot and an air fryer on my Christmas list. Either I will settle this debate or both appliances will be destroyed.

Creasy Bear

Donator
I have an insta pot and an air fryer on my Christmas list. Either I will settle this debate or both appliances will be destroyed.
I may have to set up a Thunderdome to settle this. I imagine it will prove to be the most vicious and bloody civil war since the Tits Vs Ass thread, but this needs to be settled.

There can be only one.