Al Dukes Appreciation Thread

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
Albert Dukes was freaking great.

He makes for great show fodder constantly taking shit from Ron, Fez, Staples and Joe Poo.

He also loves throwing himself into bits. He volunteers to fight Joe Poo at the Big Ass Night of Fights, and then later Earl.

He does a great job organizing events, and doesn't need constant or total help from interns.

He brings girls into the studio and actually has to reach out to do this, that's right, communicate with them, not ignore their emails.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Apr 14, 2005
NJ
You realize you are turning into the Earl-hating version of Striker right?

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
First off, love Al, always loved Al, on air, off air. He was great. He was more fun and funnier than Dave could ever hope to be and a muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better foil for Ron than Dave will ever be.

He asked Cabby if he was trying to distance himself from Howard, why make his selling point be a Howard sex tape.

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
Liddy - wasn't he great? However comparing him to Dave seems a bit apples and oranges. I'd compare Dave to Joe Poo. Honestly I think Joe Poo was awesome on the show and a bit better than Dave today (and I like Dave).

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
First off, love Al, always loved Al, on air, off air. He was great. He was more fun and funnier than Dave could ever hope to be and a muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better foil for Ron than Dave will ever be.

He asked Cabby if he was trying to distance himself from Howard, why make his selling point be a Howard sex tape.
Oh about the Cabby stuff - does Cabby have a show? Thought they dumped him. What was the context of this? Sounds interesting.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Liddy - wasn't he great? However comparing him to Dave seems a bit apples and oranges. I'd compare Dave to Joe Poo. Honestly I think Joe Poo was awesome on the show and a bit better than Dave today (and I like Dave).
Well he was a producer and was a "foil" for Ron so I think it's safe to compare. And Ron did say that Al is the guy everyone loves to hate but Dave is the guy "everybody" loves. So I think it's an apt comparison.

But I think Al was better than either Dave/Earl are today and Joe Poo is better than either Dave or Earl. One thing about Al Dukes that I like is that you can honestly see how his tour of duty with the show changed him as a person. Also, even years later, you can definitely see that he has a love and respect for the show that I don't get from either Dave/Earl.

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
I look at it more as what they were designed to do on the show. Joe Poo was a 3rd mic, brought in to help throw lines in there. Dave doesn't seem to have thos ability to back off the mic Joe had though. He dominates the mic a lot more. He could learn a lot from Joe Poo - who had great timing and great lines.

Al was never brought in for lines and was the EP. Same with Earl. But either way it appears we agree.

striker

Why yes, I am an asshole, so what?
Mar 10, 2005
Colorado
You realize you are turning into the Earl-hating version of Striker right?
You realize you are turning into the RMPGP-hating version of Striker right?

I resent both of those comments. I don't hate Earl or RMPGP, I loath Dave, I tolerate Earl, and I ignore RMPGP :action-sm

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
He could learn a lot from Joe Poo - who had great timing and great lines.
I don't think that's the type of thing you can learn, it has to be a natural thing that I don't think Dave has. He's more of the in your face, loud, blatant, bludegon you over the head sort. Someone like Joe Poo was more subtle, quiet and an "odd" character. Dave isn't odd, he's just annoying.

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
miss the al dukes mud pack