OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Alabama’s immigration reform again cuts unemployment

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by OccupyWackbag, Jan 22, 2012.

1. OccupyWackbag

OccupyWackbag Registered User

[video=youtube;IHamad9Bfb4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHamad9Bfb4[/video]

2. MayrMeninoCrash

MayrMeninoCrash Liberal Psycopath

Correlation =/= Causation

Maybe it's the Obama stimulus finally kicking in. ;)

3. Motor Head

Motor Head HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL

But....but......no more tacos!

I do love the fact that the laws are working, and the immigration advocates are going batshit over it. After ICE raided the packing plant in Omaha a couple years ago and carted off over 200 illegals, the packing plant started hiring blacks and whites....production went up.

4. OccupyWackbag

The comments on Fark are fucking hilarious.

5. CousinDave

CousinDave Registered User

and this is surprising to anyone?

Its actually a real tough position for the Democrats to be in, they need illegals to vote for them, but they also need the money from the labor unions and the labor unions only have money if union members are working

6. mascan42

mascan42 Registered User

What happened to that article a couple of months back that said the Americans weren't taking the jobs left open by the deported illegals?

7. Motor Head

Yeah, when shit gets bad enough cutting meat in a packing plant for $12 an hour isn't so beneath people that are trying to live on $250 a week unemployment benefits that are about to be cut off.

8. OccupyWackbag

Shit a year ago the idea of having a $12 an hour job would have made me jump for fucking joy.

9. CousinDave

Yep, illegals just lower the cost of labor

While I'm not a fan of Santorum (I'd still vote for him over any Democrat in a 2 candidate election) he is right that some jobs can't go overseas - but of course we can just bring cheap labor here with illegals

If you think about it, cheap labor has been the biggest problem with this country since day 1

10. MayrMeninoCrash

Now you're being silly. Illegals can't vote.

11. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

I wonder if you'd be singing that tune if unemployment was rising in Alabama.

12. CousinDave

[​IMG]
    "Senators and presidents don't have men killed."
    "Oh, who's being naive, Kay?"

13. Motor Head

A friend of mine had to take a job cutting meat after he got laid off from a manufacturing job. The first thing he noticed was that the illegals working in the plant do NOT like gringos cutting meat in THEIR plant. A white face at the cutting table means one of their familia hanging out at the Home Depot parking lot.

14. OccupyWackbag

Noticed the same shit when I did landscaping. I loved the fact that I could run circles around those fucking cunts. "gringos are lazy" they would always say. Then they would have their liquid lunch and lay around doing nothing.

15. CousinDave

Hiring an illegal needs to be a strict liability criminal offense - every business owner, every personell director, every officer, every board member, majority stock holder - 1 year in prison and $250k fine per illegal, and anyone else involved in the hiring process

Do that and there will not be any more illegals in the country

And lets stop this shit about it isn't the businesses responsibility to screen applicants

16. MayrMeninoCrash

Obviously if that were the case, it would be Obama's fault.

How do you propose companies weed out illegals? Seriously, give me a workable solution that employers can follow to assure they don't hire anyone not permitted to work here.

17. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

Nope. Bush's.

18. OccupyWackbag

Um don't hire them? Is that a serious question. It's really not that complicated and its amazing how problems seem to go away when actual consequences are imposed. Do you think people hire them on accident?

19. CousinDave

The same way they work out if someone is 18 or not

Trust me in 95% of the cases they know they are hiring illegals and they are knowingly doing so because they won't have to pay payroll taxes

20. MayrMeninoCrash

All you have to provide an employer, per the Federal Government, is proof of age and proof of residency, usually a Driver's License and Social Security Card. These are used to fill out a I-9, which is sent to the IRS. Both DL's and SSN's can be easily faked, so whose problem is it that an employee presents those documents and they later turn up to be forgeries. I can assure you we've hired many illegals who have had legit looking documents. Down the road when the I-9's were returned as being invalid, it's the employer's responsibility to re-verify the info or fire the employee for providing false info. But it is not on the employer to verify whether documents presented may or may not be valid, nor are we to weed out employees based on things like looks, names or any other metric that would physically indicate them as being illegal.

What you are suggesting is that employers take on the role of the Federal Government for every employee that steps foot in the door. And I thought you were against oppressive government regulations on employers.

21. OccupyWackbag

Mayr is definitely a classic lib. No one should be held accountable for their actions.

In the real world employers know exactly who they are hiring. I worked in landscaping and my boss had no delusion of the legal status of the brown crews. No one did.

22. MayrMeninoCrash

Should employers take on the role of the FBI and forensically analyze every piece of identification offered as proof of either age or residency?

23. OccupyWackbag

Again this may just sound like some crazy conservative propaganda that will destroy the country but make people responsible for their actions and watch the problems disappear. That shit used to work back in the day.

24. CousinDave

So in this case I might as well tell a prospective employeer my JD is from Yale instead of Widener

What would you do if you got an invalid check ?

Any employeer who isn't capable of verifying legal status is either lazy, incompetent, or just corrupt

25. Motor Head

Eeeeek, there's a chink in my armor!!!! I'll go ahead and dip my toe into the pool of hot lava, that I support a national id, complete with fingerprint verification. There I said it.....whew, now let me go lace up my jack boots and stomp some jews and gypsys and maybe cornhole me a homo.

Flame away. I want a national ID, that can't be counterfeited. I have on my flame suit, let me have it.